ACC Preseason Poll | Syracusefan.com

ACC Preseason Poll

I think it’s so weird that we can have:

- the best RB in the ACC maybe country, Heisman contender
- an NFL LT
- a top 2 LB corp in the ACC
- an NFL CB and a top duo at CB

And people are like yeah, last in the division

(Questions with the passing game, DL obviously - but it’s still nuts)

Year 7 of Dino...and we are picked to finish dead last.

and have had 1 winning season.

if someone predicted that future for 2022 in 2016, i would have post shamed and laughed you off the board so fast...damn.

yet it is I who is the fool.

starting a TE at QB is his answer...SMH...

NURSE!!!

if someone predicted that future for 2022 in 2016, i would have post shamed and laughed you off the board so fast...damn.

NURSE!!!
And another new offensive system to try to install and make functional.

And another new offensive system to try to install and make functional.
I'm thinking that is a positive. The passing game was dysfunctional already. We do have to remember that 2021 was UVA's best season on offense so we shouldn't just expect that productvity moving forward; but I think with the continuity of maintaining our head coach, and bringing in Anae and Beck on O, I think we will see significant improvements. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate keeping old plays (i would assume running game mostly) and integrate a new passing game along with it.

Shrader said he understand the terminology etc very well from this kind of offense when he was at Miss St. And the offensive players seem upbeat about the switch and how things are going. Yes we have the same QB and WR's but QB's typically progress as well as WR's. I'm bullish on offensive improvement and getting slightly more balanced on offense as the running game is our bread and butter, but we should certainly be more efficient in the passing game when we do it.

I think the DL is going to be a slight downgrade but we can be just as effective overall as last year on that side of the ball, and turnovers have to improve on last year. They were way down last year for some reason.

If Garrett’s arm has improved this team can compete with anyone on the schedule, Anae and Beck are going to put our receivers in spots to succeed unlike Sterlin Gilbert did. If Garrett can put the ball where it needs to be, our offense will be hard to contain. On defense the only question mark is the line. And all the line has to be is average and the talent we have behind them will be able to make it work. I think this team is being criminally slept on.

If Garrett’s arm has improved this team can compete with anyone on the schedule, Anae and Beck are going to put our receivers in spots to succeed unlike Sterlin Gilbert did. If Garrett can put the ball where it needs to be, our offense will be hard to contain. On defense the only question mark is the line. And all the line has to be is average and the talent we have behind them will be able to make it work. I think this team is being criminally slept on.
No doubt

Before midsummer euphoria convinces everyone that this team is unstoppable, we need to ask ourselves, can they beat Louisville in the opener?

NURSE!!!
Couldn't agree more. About you being the fool.

Before midsummer euphoria convinces everyone that this team is unstoppable, we need to ask ourselves, can they beat Louisville in the opener?
I don’t think this team is unstoppable, but I don’t think 8 wins even with the schedule is unrealistic.

And regarding the DL play this year, they may be very young overall but I would think that is less of a concern in our scheme as we don't play a gap responsibility defense and are just more attack and get after it. That has to be easier to acclimate to early then most defensive schemes. I prefer a little bit more size than what we seem to have, but it appears size wise, the coaches don't seem to be all that concerned with the weight of our DL as a few of the bigs have lost weight.

And regarding the DL play this year, they may be very young overall but I would think that is less of a concern in our scheme as we don't play a gap responsibility defense and are just more attack and get after it. That has to be easier to acclimate to early then most defensive schemes. I prefer a little bit more size than what we seem to have, but it appears size wise, the coaches don't seem to be all that concerned with the weight of our DL as a few of the bigs have lost weight.
Good points

I think this is an 8+ win team!
F11C9296-E321-420A-BA9E-B4D1B767A672.jpeg

Some motivation for the team to get there. Picked dead last.

NURSE!!!
Eric wouldn't have finished the season with that group of receivers, and the offensive line. Those receivers had to be one of the worst groups since the Dome was built.
If not for Tucker, and Garrett running, and dumping the ball to Tucker on occasion, we wouldn't have had any offense.
It's bad when the most dependable receiver is your running back.

NURSE!!!
Perception is based upon recent historical results. Until we prove them wrong one of these years, this is where SU Football stands. This is an epic failure on the Administration IMO. I remember crushing Clemson many many many years ago.