ACC ready to welcome Syracuse... | Syracusefan.com

ACC ready to welcome Syracuse...

Its almost time. It seems like its been a decade since Syracuse, Pitt, and, ND were invited, and, accepted.

Monday, it becomes official. Its going to be a great day. This is going to be a fun league to watch.

uploadfromtaptalk1372470991330.jpg

Its almost time. It seems like its been a decade since Syracuse, Pitt, and, ND were invited, and, accepted.

Monday, it becomes official. Its going to be a great day. This is going to be a fun league to watch.

It HAS been a decade since Syracuse was accepted - only it was with Miami and Boston College.

It HAS been a decade since Syracuse was accepted - only it was with Miami and Boston College.

Yes, that is very true. Its been a decade longer than I would've liked, but, you all are here now, and, thats all that matters. I cannot wait for Carolina-Syracuse to meet in all sports.

I just wish SU had a baseball program. The ACC is a fun league.

The Welcome will end once football begins. The ACC may not enjoy playing a hard nosed team, especially one from the north.

Hoops will be off the charts. However, we have been used to that for the last three decades.

Can baseball be on the horizon?

The Welcome will end once football begins. The ACC may not enjoy playing a hard nosed team, especially one from the north.

Hoops will be off the charts. However, we have been used to that for the last three decades.

Syracuse played in the College World Series in 1961. It would be nice to see if Syracuse could set a goal to return in 2021 for a 60th anniversary. They need to bump the club team up to varsity though and compete well in the ACC. Minor details, but worth the thought.

I'm glad the official date of joining the ACC is upon us. I feel like Syracuse has been in the ACC for almost 2 years now. Glad to see the competition begin officially. I wish Syracuse were in the Coastal so that UVA and Syracuse would play football more, but we'll see you in everything else.

It will be great to have Syracuse in a stable and more interesting football league. I did find this comment from ND's Swarbrick ironic:

"'You want to go into a conference where you know the members are fully committed to the conference,'' Swarbrick said. ''They were saying that publicly, they were saying that privately, but (the grant of rights) was a very significant manifestation of that commitment. That's a great place.''

Well, everyone but ND is fully committed to the conference. Until ND participates fully in the league in football, there is one team that is only kind of committed to the league.

It will be great to have Syracuse in a stable and more interesting football league. I did find this comment from ND's Swarbrick ironic:

"'You want to go into a conference where you know the members are fully committed to the conference,'' Swarbrick said. ''They were saying that publicly, they were saying that privately, but (the grant of rights) was a very significant manifestation of that commitment. That's a great place.''

Well, everyone but ND is fully committed to the conference. Until ND participates fully in the league in football, there is one team that is only kind of committed to the league.

Good point.

I was about to post exactly the same thing. The same AD from the same ND that basically nuked the BE by refusing to join fully and now has also not fully joined another conference.

Quite to the contrary. We are very much looking forward to playing SU in football, too. UNC-SU have always been fun games. Of the four we've played, all have been won by the road team. And, each has a comfortable win, and, a close win.

Hoops speaks for itself. Hopefully, baseball is on the horizon for you guys.

I was about to post exactly the same thing. The same AD from the same ND that basically nuked the BE by refusing to join fully and now has also not fully joined another conference.

Do you honestly believe it is ND's fault that the Big East fell apart?

Personally, I think it was the hoops schools failure to realize (or admit) that football is the most important aspect of sports and television contracts. It began with the rejection of PSU, extended through the start of the football side, the acceptance of football schools into all sports schools, ACC Raid I and ACC Raid II. Even the additions they made (though admittedly they had very limited choices) were with an eye for hoops over football.

Additionally, the Big East was informed that ND would never join for football. Knowing this, the Big East could have rejected ND.

Do you honestly believe it is ND's fault that the Big East fell apart?

Personally, I think it was the hoops schools failure to realize (or admit) that football is the most important aspect of sports and television contracts. It began with the rejection of PSU, extended through the start of the football side, the acceptance of football schools into all sports schools, ACC Raid I and ACC Raid II. Even the additions they made (though admittedly they had very limited choices) were with an eye for hoops over football.

Additionally, the Big East was informed that ND would never join for football. Knowing this, the Big East could have rejected ND.
They didn't help.

But, biggest issue was conference leadership as you state, especially once marinara took the helm.

Quite to the contrary. We are very much looking forward to playing SU in football, too. UNC-SU have always been fun games. Of the four we've played, all have been won by the road team. And, each has a comfortable win, and, a close win.

Hoops speaks for itself. Hopefully, baseball is on the horizon for you guys.

I was just exercising some Orange pride in a lighthearted manner. SU fans have long wanted to be in the ACC and as a fan, I'm glad we are now in.

They didn't help.

But, biggest issue was conference leadership as you state, especially once marinara took the helm.

I fully agree that ND did nothing to help. The Big East had no right on counting on them for help. More importantly, the leadership should NOT have counted on ND giving the Big East a life line.