Sat, Nov 26

at Boston College
at Clemson
at Pittsburgh
at Wake Forest
Florida St
NC State
Virginia
I added in Louisville because I believe it is pretty much a given we are opening with them. Not set in stone but I am assuming that is still happening.

Forget about what I think will happen. What would the ideal order be for Syracuse to face the remaining ACC opponents?

As stated, pretty sure we will open with UL. They return Cunningham and that alone is going to make them good on offense. They have a new OC, who was the RB coach at ND (and run game coordinator). Might cause some problems implementing a new scheme. Their defense started poorly but finished strong and certainly looked good against us. We could be worse than opening with them.

Pitt is losing their QB and their OC. But their entire OL is coming back, as is Jordan Addison, probably the best WR in college football. Their defense should be good, but not as good as their offense. Might be good to play them early if Cignetti is changing their offense. They have tended to play worse early in the season (like against WMU last season). But I don't think it will matter much.

I think BC is a good team to play early. They lose their 3 best starters on their OL, which wasn't that good last year anyway. Jurk and Flowers return but they will have a new OC.

Their defense looks to be quite good. Not good rushing the QB, pretty good stopping the run. At least one preseason wag has them in the top 25. My guess is they will get better as the season progresses and they figure out the new OL and get the new scheme on offense in place.

NC State is going to be tough no matter when we play them. They have a lot coming back on defense and their offense, led by Leary, looks to be quite good as well. They just might be the favorite to win the league next season. I would just as soon play them late.

A remarkable long stretch of consistency on the coaching staff finally ended at Clemson, as they lost their OC and DC. They are of course still loaded with talent and are going to be a challenge to play no matter what. But given all the changes and the struggles they had on offense last season, this is another team I would much prefer to play early. They are just going to get better as the season progresses and their depth comes to the fore.

Wake Forest is in just about everyone's early top 25 for 2022. Don't think it matters when we play them.

Then there are the weakest conference opponents.

Florida State looks to remain relatively weak in 2022. Their defense should be relatively good. They lost their pass rushers but return some some talent. Jared Verse is being penciled in as an immediate starter.

On offense, things look bad. I see Travis Jordan, that little guy who can't throw the ball, is listed as their first string QB. They have a couple good RBs and some decent WRs but their OL is still crappy. They promoted their struggling OL coach to OC. Not seeing them get much better here. Would definitely like to play them as soon as possible in 2022.

Virginia has a new first time HC , new coordinators on offense and defense, new schemes, they lost their whole OL, etc. They do have Armstrong and some good WRs returning but I would expect them to struggle in 2022, especially early. Would love to play them early. October 1st would be ideal.

So here is what I came up with:

DateOpponentTimeTV
Sat, Sept 4Louisville
Sat, Sept 10at UConn
Sat, Sept 17Purdue
Sat, Sept 24Wagner
Sat, Oct 1Virginia
Sat, Oct 8at Clemson
Sat, Oct 15bye
Sat, Oct 22Florida St
Sat, Oct 29Notre Dame
Sat, Nov 5at BC
Sat, Nov 12NC State
Sat, Nov 19at Wake
Sat, Nov 26at Pitt

I still expect BC to be our last game so switch them and Pitt. The rest might just be possible. The most important things to me are getting the home games against UVa and FSU scheduled as early as possible.

Pitt or BC will be last. It would be nice if the other is in October. Then we can have at UConn in September, at BC/Pitt in October, and end the year with at BC/Pitt.

As a fan I hope there aren't heavy home or away months but they always seem to happen. It is easier to attend games when they aren't all in a row. While having a bunch of home games to start helps to get off to a good start (especially with a new OC), ending the year with a bunch on the road when we are running on fumes kills. Seems like this happens every year.

I hope there aren’t any Friday night games, those are tougher for people out of area to travel to.
I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope on that.

Believe we promised to host at least one Friday night game every year when we joined the ACC. I haven't checked to confirm this but it seems like it has been happening that way. Believe BC also made that promise.

SU also has to schedule around HS football sectionals and state championships.

What does anybody know about the UConn game being on a Fri night instead of Sat?
Thought I saw it mentioned on some site. Can't find it now.

What does anybody know about the UConn game being on a Fri night instead of Sat?
Thought I saw it mentioned on some site. Can't find it now.
Could be but I'm guessing Saturday as they no we bring people so Saturday is better

I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope on that.

Believe we promised to host at least one Friday night game every year when we joined the ACC. I haven't checked to confirm this but it seems like it has been happening that way. Believe BC also made that promise.
I can't find an article to confirm that, but I remember the Friday night agreement also.

its a road game..
Yup.

Hence, those living in Syracuse may choose to see Elton instead of traveling to see Yukon.

I know I would.

Or, their spouses may decide it would be more prudent to see Sir Elton than to see a bunch of Huskies get abused in Connecticut.

This is totally theoretical of course. ;)
and some will try to do both in 1 day :)

and some will try to do both in 1 day :)
“Try” being the keyword.

Even with a nooner, one would need to leave around halftime in order to see the concert.
Unless… you’re buds with Weitsman and have access to a private plane.

“Try” being the keyword.

Even with a nooner, one would need to leave around halftime in order to see the concert.
Unless… you’re buds with Weitsman and have access to a private plane.
the uconn game should be decided by then :)

Shame we have to open with Louisville. Rather open with a cupcake to work out the kinks.

Would be awesome if we opened with a Friday nighter. Love spending that first college football Saturday melted to my couch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom