ACC Schedule !!!!! | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule !!!!!

Now I get to figure out which game I'll be attending between Duke/NCState. Hoping Duke works on the calendar since we never play them and I've been to NCState already

Now I get to figure out which game I'll be attending between Duke/NCState. Hoping Duke works on the calendar since we never play them and I've been to NCState already
We have several things to sort out. Liberty vs Maryland and Duke vs NCSt.

I'll give the edge to Duke since we haven't played there yet.

I expect to sponsor three away game ticket buys. I'll probably make each one smaller though to keep the crazy down.

It should be interesting to see what effect the ACC Network will have on the schedule, as well as the change in our status in the conference (we will probably be considered the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference.

I think we will likely see less noon starts for both reasons. It was common to have 2 or 3 ACC games that started at noon or 12:30 pm in past years. Raycom specials sponsored by Mellow Mushroom and Bojangles.

I think this will only happen now if ESPN/ESPN2/ABC is showing an ACC game at noon, as the ACC will arranges things to have 3 games every Saturday on the ACC Network, starting at noon, 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm.

I don't think they announce start times tomorrow though.

There were 4 Thursday night games and 5 Friday night games last year. We play in one last year and will probably play in one or two this year.

Will the ACC Network show games on Thursday and Friday nights? As far as I can tell, the SEC doesn't schedule games on Thursday or Friday nights. Period. with a possible exception for the first week of the season, when things are looser with no classes in session.

But the ACC does. Will they show live games on Thursday or Friday nights? I think the extra Raycom inventory will pretty much be used up to cover the ACC Network Saturday live game requirements. It looks like they might have a couple of games they could move to a weekday night to provide more live content, on weeks there are no ACC games played on weekday nights on the regular ESPN channels, and on these occasions, I suspect they will probably sneak a couple more weekday night games in.

So keep an eye on the number of Thursday and Friday night games announced.

Selfishly, I want the FSU game in Tallahassee scheduled for late in the season, so I can get a golfing/football vacation in after golf has been shut down in CNY. FSU will probably play a tomato can the second last week of the season to rest up for Florida. Maybe we could play them the week before that? That would be week 12.

Indeed, looking forward to this. I will definitely be up for Western Michigan, and probably BC, and need to pick another 2 games to come up for. Schedule will dictate that, although likely, its going to heavily depend on time of the games.

It should be interesting to see what effect the ACC Network will have on the schedule, as well as the change in our status in the conference (we will probably be considered the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference.

I think we will likely see less noon starts for both reasons. It was common to have 2 or 3 ACC games that started at noon or 12:30 pm in past years. Raycom specials sponsored by Mellow Mushroom and Bojangles.

I think this will only happen now if ESPN/ESPN2/ABC is showing an ACC game at noon, as the ACC will arranges things to have 3 games every Saturday on the ACC Network, starting at noon, 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm.

I don't think they announce start times tomorrow though.

There were 4 Thursday night games and 5 Friday night games last year. We play in one last year and will probably play in one or two this year.

Will the ACC Network show games on Thursday and Friday nights? As far as I can tell, the SEC doesn't schedule games on Thursday or Friday nights. Period. with a possible exception for the first week of the season, when things are looser with no classes in session.

But the ACC does. Will they show live games on Thursday or Friday nights? I think the extra Raycom inventory will pretty much be used up to cover the ACC Network Saturday live game requirements. It looks like they might have a couple of games they could move to a weekday night to provide more live content, on weeks there are no ACC games played on weekday nights on the regular ESPN channels, and on these occasions, I suspect they will probably sneak a couple more weekday night games in.

So keep an eye on the number of Thursday and Friday night games announced.

Selfishly, I want the FSU game in Tallahassee scheduled for late in the season, so I can get a golfing/football vacation in after golf has been shut down in CNY. FSU will probably play a tomato can the second last week of the season to rest up for Florida. Maybe we could play them the week before that? That would be week 12.
Interestingly there was discussion at the coaches convention about Friday night games. A majority of the coaches seemed to want to eliminate them so they could instead attend HS Friday night games to evaluate talent.

I'm sure Swofford will shaft us with a Friday night Dome visit...

Yes, I am totally sure that Swofford:

A - personally chooses these schedules himself, and

B - wants to shaft by far the best team in the conference the past 5 years, and as a bonus also shaft the new 2nd best team in the conference while he’s at it.

Makes perfect sense. ;)

1547589086750.png

just to compare /discuss...this was my last best guess:
8/31-@liberty
9/7-@ Maryland
9/14 -Bye week
9/21- Western Michigan
9/28 - Holy Cross
10/5- Clemson
10/12 @ NC State
10/19-Bye Week #2
10/26-Wake Forest
11/2- @duke
11/9- Pittsburgh
11/16- @ Florida State
11/23- @louisville
Fri 11/29- Boston College

Like everyone else, my eyes will be focused on that 9/14 open date. will it stay open? FSU? Clemson? we are but a day away from the answer.

9/14 will be a home game. Zunic Award will be that weekend. Opponent is said to be a good one. Not sure who though.

Indeed, looking forward to this. I will definitely be up for Western Michigan, and probably BC, and need to pick another 2 games to come up for. Schedule will dictate that, although likely, its going to heavily depend on time of the games.
You need to look at Maryland too...not real far from your house

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom