ACC (Southern) Traditions--Time To Step Up | Syracusefan.com

ACC (Southern) Traditions--Time To Step Up

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Ok I have a few suggestions for my NE Based Cuse Fans:

TexanMark Manifesto

1. Wear Orange to the Game, bonus points to wear Orange on Football Fridays at work (if allowed).

2. On Friday and Saturday in the Fall your car needs one of these as a minimum as you drive around town and to the game.
thumb.aspx

3. If your car isn't sporting one of these items (or something similar) on your car 24/7 you are not doing it right.
images

4. ACC fans show up and tailgate. The tailgate is essential to the whole gameday experience. You make Saturday the event. I understand parents of school age kids have some obligations but IMHO some err make that most parents in the suburbs go way overboard in kids playing travel soccer, Fall Baseball, lax skills camp, etc...the chance of little Johnnie or Susie getting a full ride scholie is minimal...if your kid is sitting on the bench in a travel league you are being duped.

5. With Tailgates...three hours prior to kickoff is the minimum to get a decent tailgate. Nooners will be much rarer now...our earliest games will be 12:30pm...yes, a half hour later makes a difference.

6. Trailers with smokers are something that needs to be brought to more tailgates.
wood fired is best

But this will work in a pinch
Duke-grill.jpg

as a bare minimum...just bring a grill

7. Tailgaters Plan...it isn't done ad hoc

Someone in the group needs to bring these items to Syracuse home games:

Canopies, folding chairs, games like washers and cornhole, canopy wind screens, canopy weight plates, folding tables, etc...

8. Bonus Points: A Marine Battery, power inverter and a 19 -32" LED TV along with an antenna can get you some FB on a TV. Even more bonus points if you set up a canopy as a TV room with SAT TV.

9. Our games are in the Dome...ladies up front row in the student section please
More like this
fsu-fans_display_image_display_image.jpg

Less like this
uconn_temple29.jpg

Finally
10. We have a competent team now...arrive to the game early, stay late and tailgate a bit post game. Bring your kids, your coworker, your uncle...bring new converts.

Bonus Decree: Alumni that live in NYC, DC, Boston, Philly...get your ass up to a game at least once a season. Make it at least an overnight stay...bring your kids. People in the South think nothing of driving 5 hours each way to home games all season long...just do it once a year.

12. If you live out of state, buy an RV.

This is on my bucket list.

Or a camp in CNY. :p

We can't change the oldsters...but if we can start in grain into our younger fans that SU FB Saturday is an event it will only pay dividends down the road. There is no reason we can't get 45K+ fans into the Dome this year for every ACC game and 38-40K fans for Tulane/Wagner

Texan Mark note to oldsters I'M one at 67 in July, show up ready to stand and scream at the game otherwise watch on TV. It helps get people motivated when the older folks are the 1st ones up, and motioning to everyone else to stand up, I know because I do. If your voice isn't semi-hoarse when you leave, you haven't yelled loud enough. Don't have to stand the entire game, but when the defense needs a big stand, make sure no-one can here themselves think, no more losses at home.

In Louisville the Friday before a home football game and even more so on Sat. morning it seems that 1/2 the cars are flying 2 of those little flags.

13. Raking leaves is not fun or cool; do not use an excuse. Let them blow into your neighbor's lawn if it hasn't been done by gameday.

IMG_4074.jpg

the northern defense rests.

and rocco, what the hell is going on with that picture????

Kinda weak defense since beer sales end at the start of the 3rd Quarter.

Or a camp in CNY. :p

We can't change the oldsters...but if we can start in grain into our younger fans that SU FB Saturday is an event it will only pay dividends down the road. There is no reason we can't get 45K+ fans into the Dome this year for every ACC game and 38-40K fans for Tulane/Wagner

14. You need a front vanity plate for your car that proclaims your college allegiance. Hardnosed is ignoring the fact that NY requires a front plate on your car.:)

And I cringe when I tell y'all this but they allow parking of RVs at the Greensboro Coliseum for the BB Tourney. Think NASCAR meets college BB.

TexanMark Manifesto

1. Wear Orange to the Game, bonus points to wear Orange on Football Fridays at work (if allowed).

2. On Friday and Saturday in the Fall your car needs one of these as a minimum as you drive around town and to the game.
thumb.aspx

3. If your car isn't sporting one of these items (or something similar) on your car 24/7 you are not doing it right.
images

4. ACC fans show up and tailgate. The tailgate is essential to the whole gameday experience. You make Saturday the event. I understand parents of school age kids have some obligations but IMHO some err make that most parents in the suburbs go way overboard in kids playing travel soccer, Fall Baseball, lax skills camp, etc...the chance of little Johnnie or Susie getting a full ride scholie is minimal...if your kid is sitting on the bench in a travel league you are being duped.

5. With Tailgates...three hours prior to kickoff is the minimum to get a decent tailgate. Nooners will be much rarer now...our earliest games will be 12:30pm...yes, a half hour later makes a difference.

6. Trailers with smokers are something that needs to be brought to more tailgates.
wood fired is best

Duke-grill.jpg

7. Tailgaters Plan...it isn't done ad hoc

Someone in the group needs to bring these items to Syracuse home games:

Canopies, folding chairs, games like washers and cornhole, canopy wind screens, canopy weight plates, folding tables, etc...

8. Bonus Points: A Marine Battery, power inverter and a 19 -32" LED TV along with an antenna can get you some FB on a TV. Even more bonus points if you set up a canopy as a TV room with SAT TV.

9. Our games are in the Dome...ladies up front row in the student section please
More like this
fsu-fans_display_image_display_image.jpg

Less like this View attachment 3909

Finally
10. We have a competent team now...arrive to the game early, stay late and tailgate a bit post game. Bring your kids, your coworker, your uncle...bring new converts.

Bonus Decree: Alumni that live in NYC, DC, Boston, Philly...get your ass up to a game at least once a season. Make it at least an overnight stay...bring your kids. People in the South think nothing of driving 5 hours each way to home games all season long...just do it once a year.
well this must mean the FINE MESSERS are doing things right as bang zoom, we've hit nearly all the above. However, you've committed a serious posting offense in linking THAT picture over this one for #6. Shame and a pox on you TM!

View attachment 3911image.jpg

I'm down for all but #'s 2 and 3 simply because my car kind of sucks. I don't want recruits mistaking me for an SU alum that can only afford a Pontiac. If I had a Bentley it would be a different story...
images

Where do I get that neat car window flag?
Online just Google Syracuse car flags. Shouldn't pay more than $12.95. Sporting two is Hardnosed. Manny's sell them on the Hill if you are in Cuse.

Word of advice...just remember you have the thing on so you don't open the window going down the freeway. Putting them on your rear passenger windows work too!

Come by our section. We each buy 4 at halftime. They keep enough to beat the alternative of not having a beer.
That is hardnosed...but if you aren't showing 4 hrs prior to kickoff to tailgate all it proves is you are Dome Drunks. Not that there is anything wrong with that...at least you are there and not raking leaves.

Online just Google Syracuse car flags. Shouldn't pay more than $12.95. Sporting two is Hardnosed. Manny's sell them on the Hill if you are in Cuse.

Word of advice...just remember you have the thing on so you don't open the window going down the freeway. Putting them on your rear passenger windows work too!

Where can I find a prosthetic nose made out of granite and colored orange?

That is hardnosed...but if you aren't showing 4 hrs prior to kickoff to tailgate all it proves is you are Dome Drunks. Not that there is anything wrong with that...at least you are there and not raking leaves.

I'm almost offended. Not that I'd be labeled a drunk, but that one would think it would be confined to the Dome. The campus, the Dome, Armory Square, the Hotel, they all get to enjoy my inebriation. Same spots for Millhouse, but add the Rain Lounge to the list.

TexanMark

wood fired is best

Duke-grill.jpg

I realize we are in the ACC now but why would I want a grill with Duke's insignia on it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Cuz we were such a weak ass tailgating group of fans they didn't make a Cuse version.

We are about to change that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom