ACC spring meetings are happening this week | Syracusefan.com

ACC spring meetings are happening this week

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
and usually they announce the 1st 3 weeks tv so we should found out penn state tv and possibly wagner

and usually they announce the 1st 3 weeks tv so we should found out penn state tv and possibly wagner
We don't even know who's conference ACC or B1G controls the Penn State-Syracuse game. It is a neutral site game and I don't which conference has first dips on the game. If the game is controlled by the ACC it will be on ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC. If it is controlled by the B1G it could be one of those three or BTN.

We don't even know who's conference ACC or B1G controls the Penn State-Syracuse game. It is a neutral site game and I don't which conference has first dips on the game. If the game is controlled by the ACC it will be on ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC. If it is controlled by the B1G it could be one of those three or BTN.
Cuse is the home team, and it's our contract with met life, so we should control the TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to me that BTN would be a complete long shot for a neutral game like this. Not only long shot that B1G would have rights. I would think they would easily be able to schedule this between their shared network of ABC/ESPN. Opening weekend is typically short on inventory for interesting matchups.

id be shocked if the game ended up on bigten network no matter who owns it. espn,espn 2 and abc are the likely choices

Cuse is the home team, and it's our contract with met life, so we should control the TV.

Good to know, so we get to wear a blue or if we want develop an orange jersey and Penn State will be in all-white. Then I bet the game will either be a 3:30ABC game reverse mirror ESPN/ESPN2 game or a noon ESPN/ESPN2 game.

id be shocked if the game ended up on bigten network no matter who owns it. espn,espn 2 and abc are the likely choices

I wouldn't expect it to fall to BTN like the Northwestern game week 2, but if the game was deemed a Penn State home game ESPN, ESPN2, ABC would have first dibs on the B1G's games and if they passed it would go to BTN, but if its a ACC controlled game the same 3 networks would have first dips or then it would go to the ACC network syndicated channel. Since SU is deemed the home team then the ACC will control the game and BTN will have no chance for it and I didn't know before Antz message which conference controlled the game.

Sorry but I thought since its our 14 games in 20 years contract with met life, we are the ones Giving up some home games for sure, this is not a joint contract. More like this is where we will play 14 home games in 20 years. But I think this game might go to the highest bidder for TV? I don't remember seeing the big east logo on the field, so I don't know much.

Who is attending? Just the Presidents/Chancellors and AD's? Or are the coaches there, too?

Who is attending? Just the Presidents/Chancellors and AD's? Or are the coaches there, too?
I'm inconsistent with that definition. I'm dumber than a box of rocks in the mountains. I'm waiting for this ACC conference to finalize a tv deal with a network. Any effn network and begin to announce times and video availability. I'm praying for no ESPN - 3. Unless its the only option available.A quality wi-fi affiliation works for me as long as ROKUB picks it up or is available to be picked up.:p

Hey all, just got back to Florida from trip to Costa Rica...client needs but got to say a heck of a place to visit...more importantly, the gang at Amelia Island includes Swofford, administrators from the conference as well as AD's and coaches from Football and BBall teams. Importantly, Louisville is in attendance and Maryland is not there as yet if at all (as I am being told).
The ACC Network continues to move forward and took center stage insofar as conversation today. Don't expect any important announcements until Thursday...
Lastly, 'Cuse-Penn State is a 'Cuse home game even though at a neutral site. ACC owns the rights...so expect the game on either ESPN or ABC.
As always, IT'S GOOD TO BE 'CUSE.

Hey all, just got back to Florida from trip to Costa Rica...client needs but got to say a heck of a place to visit...more importantly, the gang at Amelia Island includes Swofford, administrators from the conference as well as AD's and coaches from Football and BBall teams. Importantly, Louisville is in attendance and Maryland is not there as yet if at all (as I am being told).
The ACC Network continues to move forward and took center stage insofar as conversation today. Don't expect any important announcements until Thursday...
Lastly, 'Cuse-Penn State is a 'Cuse home game even though at a neutral site. ACC owns the rights...so expect the game on either ESPN or ABC.
As always, IT'S GOOD TO BE 'CUSE.

Beat Penn State!!!

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 19m
Dabo Swinney said ACC coaches unanimously favor remaining at 8 league games & not going to 9.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 6m
Unlike B1G, Dabo Swinney said ACC coaches favor continuing to play non-conference games vs. FCS.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 19m
Dabo Swinney said ACC coaches unanimously favor remaining at 8 league games & not going to 9.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 6m
Unlike B1G, Dabo Swinney said ACC coaches favor continuing to play non-conference games vs. FCS.
I disagree with this, but as long as their are 4 non-conference games to schedule it will almost require one game against a 1-AA school since other leagues B1G, Pac-12, Big XII and likely the SEC will have 9 conference games.

I disagree with this, but as long as their are 4 non-conference games to schedule it will almost require one game against a 1-AA school since other leagues B1G, Pac-12, Big XII and likely the SEC will have 9 conference games.

Interesting. I don't have any inside information, but I predict that the SEC stays at 8 games just like the ACC. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and now Kentucky all have the same issue that FSU, Clemson, GT, and Louisville have where they have to play a non-conference game with in-state rival.

Florida loves playing FCS teams. They often schedule 2 each year and love to win 70-0. There are a lot of FCS teams in the south to choose from.

The SEC of course could come out and vote for 9 games, but I'm doubtful that they will just based on their current habits. They will also think that the 8 games within the conference provide enough strength of schedule.

Interesting. I don't have any inside information, but I predict that the SEC stays at 8 games just like the ACC. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and now Kentucky all have the same issue that FSU, Clemson, GT, and Louisville have where they have to play a non-conference game with in-state rival.

Florida loves playing FCS teams. They often schedule 2 each year and love to win 70-0. There are a lot of FCS teams in the south to choose from.

The SEC of course could come out and vote for 9 games, but I'm doubtful that they will just based on their current habits. They will also think that the 8 games within the conference provide enough strength of schedule.

SEC teams could play only FCS teams in the non-conference and would still be regarded as the best conference in the history of the universe. They have very little to lose.

SEC teams could play only FCS teams in the non-conference and would still be regarded as the best conference in the history of the universe. They have very little to lose.
If SEC teams continue to win the national championship, little is going to change in that perception. Someone is going to have to knock them off the pedestal.

Just an aside...hearing that FSU is nearly completed a schedule of games against Georgia...beginning 2015.

If Nick Saban keeps beating the drums the SEC will go to 9 games. I agree the SEC East will be against it because of their annual games versus Georgia Tech, Florida State, Clemson and now Louisville. The SEC West schools will want to get Florida, Georgia, Tennessee into their stadiums and if they stay at 8 games they will face the same problems as the ACC is going have. The only difference the ACC is okay with 8 games because the conference likes playing B1G, SEC, Pac-12, Big XII teams in the non-conference while the SEC doesn't play many OOC games against BCS competition. I wonder if Kentucky-Louisville will be scheduled the last week in the season a la the 3 games recently, Wake-Vandy have been playing each other to end the season to help scheduling for the ACC and SEC by having 4 games between the conferences it makes scheduling the other 10 teams a lot easier I will be interested to see if Louisville-Kentucky becomes the 4th SEC-ACC annual season ending game or if Vandy-Wake will continue playing.

It is a supposed home game away from hom, like the USC game, so I would think the ACC has the rights.

It is a supposed home game away from hom, like the USC game, so I would think the ACC has the rights.

We agreed to a 3 game deal with PSU. Home (2020). Road (2021). Meadowlands (2013).

It's not like the USC game at all. It's really a neutral site game.

If Nick Saban keeps beating the drums the SEC will go to 9 games. I agree the SEC East will be against it because of their annual games versus Georgia Tech, Florida State, Clemson and now Louisville. The SEC West schools will want to get Florida, Georgia, Tennessee into their stadiums and if they stay at 8 games they will face the same problems as the ACC is going have. The only difference the ACC is okay with 8 games because the conference likes playing B1G, SEC, Pac-12, Big XII teams in the non-conference while the SEC doesn't play many OOC games against BCS competition. I wonder if Kentucky-Louisville will be scheduled the last week in the season a la the 3 games recently, Wake-Vandy have been playing each other to end the season to help scheduling for the ACC and SEC by having 4 games between the conferences it makes scheduling the other 10 teams a lot easier I will be interested to see if Louisville-Kentucky becomes the 4th SEC-ACC annual season ending game or if Vandy-Wake will continue playing.

It will be interesting to see if Saban gets his way. I forgot about Wake-Vandy. That could mean the whole SEC East with an ACC opponent except Tennessee and Missouri. I can imagine Texas A&M wanting an annual game with Texas again as well as Missouri vs Kansas. There will be those in the SEC wanting to stay at 8 games, so it will be interesting to see if the SEC West can push it to 9 games.

The Big Ten doesn't have this issue with the exceptions of Iowa with Iowa State and Penn State with Pitt. Penn State gave that series up for a while, but it looks like they want it back now that Paterno is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom