ACC Suspends all Athletic Activities [Now Cancelled] | Syracusefan.com

ACC Suspends all Athletic Activities [Now Cancelled]

GoSU96

Living Legend
Nothing what so ever. Practice, games, recruiting...

Statement from the Atlantic Coast Conference: “The Atlantic Coast Conference has suspended all athletic related activities including all competition, formal and organized practice, recruiting and participation in NCAA championships until further notice."
Until further notice part of the statement is encouraging

6DF7D2CF-FDBF-4753-946D-F1C673D25122.jpeg

Time to heat up the summer grill. Sports are essentially over.

Drove by Manly and saw the team practicing like any other day. Drove back 15 minutes later and everyone was gone.

do the athletes get a year of eligibility back?
Interesting problem.

If you give everyone an extra year of eligibility, and you have a new recruiting class coming in, you'll have 70 players on a team.

Interesting problem.

If you give everyone an extra year of eligibility, and you have a new recruiting class coming in, you'll have 70 players on a team.
I posted this in another thread:

I'm for it. But playing Devil's advocate, this will create massive roster issues. I think they would need to allow exemptions for scholarship limits, maybe the number of SA's that take advantage of the extra year.

Also, that would impact NLI signees, who thought they were stepping into minutes, but the graduating player they were coming in to replace is remaining.

Lots of moving parts with this plan - not all of them easy to solve.
1584046796057.gif

So here’s my thought, I don’t think they can give seniors another year. Here’s the problem are you going to give juniors, sophomores, and freshman another year? And how do you balance the number of players on your team?

I feel as though they will have to just call it a lost year for everyone. This is unprecedented.

The only option would be to expand roster size and scholarship allowance for 1 year. Let only the seniors get another year, and move everyone else up a year for next year. That way you only have 1 year that you are backed up. But is this plausible ?

I believe a great deal of these kids will not choose to come back. The price of school, jobs they have committed too, and playing time is only going to be harder to come by next year if they do allow them to stay.

Let me go down the rabbit hole just for fun. If they did give our seniors a waiver our team next year would be insane. The only thing we lacked this year is an attackman who can win one on one consistently and the young man from Culver appears to have that ability!
It will be a crazy few months finding out their plan

So here’s my thought, I don’t think they can give seniors another year. Here’s the problem are you going to give juniors, sophomores, and freshman another year? And how do you balance the number of players on your team?

I feel as though they will have to just call it a lost year for everyone. This is unprecedented.

The only option would be to expand roster size and scholarship allowance for 1 year. Let only the seniors get another year, and move everyone else up a year for next year. That way you only have 1 year that you are backed up. But is this plausible ?

I believe a great deal of these kids will not choose to come back. The price of school, jobs they have committed too, and playing time is only going to be harder to come by next year if they do allow them to stay.

Let me go down the rabbit hole just for fun. If they did give our seniors a waiver our team next year would be insane. The only thing we lacked this year is an attackman who can win one on one consistently and the young man from Culver appears to have that ability!
It will be a crazy few months finding out their plan
Not to mention all the ivy league seniors who can not play as grad students will be able to transfer. Sowers Teat and Culver with Rehfuss off the bench:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom