Acc Teams using the Transfer Portal to recruit | Syracusefan.com

Acc Teams using the Transfer Portal to recruit

AngryOtto

All Conference
Some teams in the acc are already hitting the transfer portal. GT just upgrade several positions with high rated players.
I figure DB wants to wait until after signing but we cannot wait to long on top level players.
The portal already has tons of players and more are joining every day. Teams are going to fill immediate needs.

Yepp. Other players may be waiting for the coaching carousel, or signing day. The portal should be loaded for some time, imo.

The portal is a two way street to be used with caution ...true the portal helps teams fill needs but there's a reason kids enter it...some want to be closer to home but most are looking for playing time and will be disgruntled if they don't get it.

With Harbaugh on the ropes at Michigan, maybe we can poach a few big uglies from there...

Some teams in the acc are already hitting the transfer portal. GT just upgrade several positions with high rated players.
I figure DB wants to wait until after signing but we cannot wait to long on top level players.
The portal already has tons of players and more are joining every day. Teams are going to fill immediate needs.

I see a bunch of GT players have entered the portal but I don’t see who they’ve picked up.??

I see 40 QBs have entered the portal. Rough count 17 are from the power 5 and 8 are from the SEC.

I see a bunch of GT players have entered the portal but I don’t see who they’ve picked up.??

I see 40 QBs have entered the portal. Rough count 17 are from the power 5 and 8 are from the SEC.

Drew Bledsoe’s son?

With Harbaugh on the ropes at Michigan, maybe we can poach a few big uglies from there...
He’s getting an extension. 3 year from what I’m told from some important Michigan alum. Who are NOT happy about it

I guess you don’t read the front page of espn either that literally confirms the discussion of an extension being had
I dont. I guess stranger things have happened but i find it hard to believe Michigan wont go in another direction now that his buyout is reasonable. The guy makes 8m a year and has been mediocre at best.

The portal is a two way street to be used with caution ...true the portal helps teams fill needs but there's a reason kids enter it...some want to be closer to home but most are looking for playing time and will be disgruntled if they don't get it.

Yeah, the portal is probably not for depth, but it's great for a starter or 2nd team backup who will get playing time. Virginia Tech football got a starting center (Hoffman), running back (Herbert), and backup QB (Burmeister) from the portal - among others.

Now if a senior like a Kingsley or Bear elects not to play next year and move on, will angry portal guy blame that on Dino? I see some were already piling on when the false positive Josh Black stuff came out?

Or as I see it... Stop playing football, take degree and move on toward future career. Thumbs up, Big kudos and thanks for the memories

Take 5th year and play another school- angry portal guy will blame Dino and call for MASS EXODUS!

I just want to know what to expect

I must say I'm quite jealous of GT
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 8.42.52 AM.png

Just for the record, they're all Georgia natives, and Geoff Collins is playing up the GT is Atlanta's school angle.
Collins has done a nice job building up their brand, I'll give him that. Probably take another year or two to see what comes of it though

Kasim hill went to rhode island, personally think we should've pursued him, at worst he's a veteran solid backup who pushes TD in camp

GT is not the only school hitting the portal hard. Just one example.

There are two numbers you always have to keep in mind in this pound the portal discussion...25 and 85. It doesn't matter how many kids are in the portal if you can't stay within those numbers.

Right now potentially 63 returnees and 21 commits in the 2021 class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom