ACC Tournament Projections/Weekly Games - Week 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tournament Projections/Weekly Games - Week 3

Marsh01

Living Legend
Wednesday March 12

Game 1 - 1:00 (ESPN2 or ESPNU) - #12 Notre Dame vs. #13 Miami (FL.)
Game 2 - 3:30 (ESPN2 or ESPNU) - #10 North Carolina vs. #15 Virginia Tech
Game 3 - 7:00 (ESPN2 or ESPNU) - #11 Georgia Tech vs. #14 Boston College

Thursday March 13

Game 4 - Noon (ESPNU) - #8 NC State vs. #9 Maryland
Game 5 - 2:30 (ESPNU) - #12 Notre Dame/#13 Miami (FL.) winner vs. #5 Wake Forest
Game 6 - 7:00 (ESPNU) - #10 North Carolina/#15 Virginia Tech winner vs. #7 Clemson
Game 7 - 9:30 (ESPNU) - #11 Georgia Tech/#14 Boston College winner vs. #6 Florida State

Friday March 14

Game 8 - Noon (ESPN2) - #8 NC State/#9 Maryland winner vs. #1 Syracuse
Game 9 - 2:30 (ESPN2) - #12 Notre Dame/#13 Miami (FL.)/#5 Wake Forest winner vs. #4 Duke
Game 10 - 7:00 (ESPN2) - #10 North Carolina/#15 Virginia Tech/#7 Clemson winner vs. #2 Pittsburgh
Game 11 - 9:30 (ESPN2) - #11 Georgia Tech/#14 Boston College/#6 Florida State winner vs. #3 Virginia

Saturday March 15

Game 12 - 1:00 (ESPN) - Game 8 winner vs. Game 9 winner
Game 13 - 3:30 (ESPN) - Game 10 winner vs. Game 11 winner

Sunday March 16

Game 14 - 1:00 (ESPN) - Championship Game

Current ACC Standings:

1. Syracuse 6-0
2. Pittsburgh 6-1
3. Virginia 6-1
4. Duke 5-2
5. Wake Forest 4-3
6. Florida State 4-3
7. Clemson 4-3
8. NC State 3-4
9. Maryland 3-4
10. North Carolina 3-4
11. Georgia Tech 2-5
12. Notre Dame 2-5
13. Miami (FL.) 2-5
14 Boston College 1-5
15. Virginia Tech 1-6

ACC Games this week:

Monday

Duke @ Pittsburgh 7:00 ESPN

Tuesday

Virginia @ Notre Dame 9:00 ESPNU

Wednesday

North Carolina @ Georgia Tech 7:00 ESPN2
Virginia Tech @ Boston College 7:00 ESPN3
Syracuse @ Wake Forest 9:00 ACC Network/Regional
Florida State @ NC State 9:00 ESPN3
Miami (FL.) @ Maryland 9:00 ESPN3

Saturday

Maryland @ Virginia Tech 12:00 ESPN3
Boston College @ Notre Dame 12:00 ESPN3
Georgia Tech @ Wake Forest 12:00 ESPN3
NC State @ North Carolina 1:00 ESPN2
Clemson @ Florida State 3:00 ESPN2
Norfolk State @ Miami (FL.) 4:00 ESPN3
Duke @ Syracuse 6:30 ESPN

Sunday

Virginia @ Pittsburgh 12:30 ESPNU

Marsh, thanks as always for putting this together. It's a great read.

I feel like SU historically struggles as the overall #1 seed in conference tourneys. Off the top of my head, we got bounced in the semis in 2012, and then lost our first game to Georgetown in 2000 and 2010.

That 2000 loss was DEVASTATING, in that it dropped us to a 4 in Michigan State's region.

Marsh, thanks as always for putting this together. It's a great read.

I feel like SU historically struggles as the overall #1 seed in conference tourneys. Off the top of my head, we got bounced in the semis in 2012, and then lost our first game to Georgetown in 2000 and 2010.

That 2000 loss was DEVASTATING, in that it dropped us to a 4 in Michigan State's region.

That was a killer loss indeed.

Pitt gets Duke and Virginia this week...both at home. Curious how this week will play out and how the standings will look next week.

That was a killer loss indeed.

Pitt gets Duke and Virginia this week...both at home. Curious how this week will play out and how the standings will look next week.

It's interesting that we have to get used to a Sunday conference tourney championship game like it used to be for the Big East in the old days. If I remember correctly, that famous Georgetown/UConn title game in 1996 was the first time it was held on a Saturday night.

It's interesting that we have to get used to a Sunday conference tourney championship game like it used to be for the Big East in the old days. If I remember correctly, that famous Georgetown/UConn title game in 1996 was the first time it was held on a Saturday night.

I love the Sunday finals. Makes the day go by that much faster.

First two days (or at least the 2nd day for sure) on ESPNU? I thought the ACC had a great TV package. BET games were never on the Ocho.

First two days (or at least the 2nd day for sure) on ESPNU? I thought the ACC had a great TV package. BET games were never on the Ocho.

Got it right off the ACC website.

First day, at least last year, was on the U.

ACC is porbably hurt since they start a day later. Lot more games going on Thursday than Wednesnday

Yep it looked strange not having us play until Friday. I still took Thursday off from work though. The first days I ask off for each year are the days around Christmas and my basketball days in March!

This is easily the best week of ACC basketball so far. Pitt, Virginia, Duke play two huge games each. And of course Syracuse vs Duke.

Remaining schedule after this week (if we bring in Florida St, the 5th best team)

Syracuse would have @Pitt, @Virginia, @duke, @ Florida St
Pitt would have vs Syracuse, vs Florida St
Virginia would have vs Syracuse
Duke would have vs Syracuse

Every ACC contender after this week has their tough road games out of the way, while we have played none. If any team positions themselves one game behind us after this week, they are in good shape for a share of the title.

On the bright side we will be battle tested in February, which is better than December or January.

This is easily the best week of ACC basketball so far. Pitt, Virginia, Duke play two huge games each. And of course Syracuse vs Duke.

Remaining schedule after this week (if we bring in Florida St, the 5th best team)

Every ACC contender after this week has their tough road games out of the way, while we have played none. If any team positions themselves one game behind us after this week, they are in good shape for a share of the title.

On the bright side we will be battle tested in February, which is better than December or January.

The way the schedule shakes out does worry me a little. I'd like to have a 2 game lead before we start with our tough road games later in Feb

I would be happy if we go 2-2 in these 4 games. 3-1 and I'd be ecstatic.

Much appreciated. I look forward to these every year. Thanks, Marsh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom