ACC vs Big 10 | Syracusefan.com

ACC vs Big 10

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
So which conference will get the better of the other in the challenge this year?

There are six games today;
Indiana @ Cuse
Illinois
@ Ga Tech
Penn St @ Pitt
Michigan @ Duke
Notre Dame
@ Iowa
Florida St @ Minnesota

And six games tomorrow;
Maryland @ Ohio St
Wisconsin
@ Virginia
Northwestern @ NC St
North Carolina @ Michigan St
Boston College @ Purdue
Miami @ Nebraska

Now I have seen all these teams play yet this season, but if I had to take a guess I would say it will end 6-6 with the ACC dominating the first day, then getting beat up pretty badly on the second day.

Last edited:
So which conference will get the better of the other in the challenge this year?

Indiana @ Cuse
Illinois @ Ga Tech
Penn St @ Pitt
Michigan @ Duke
Notre Dame @ Iowa
Florida St @ Minnesota

And six games tomorrow;
Maryland @ Ohio St
Wisconsin @ Virginia
Northwestern @ NC St
Boston College @ Purdue
Miami @ Nebraska

Now I have seen all these teams play yet this season, but if I had to take a guess I would say it will end 6-6 with the ACC dominating the first day, then getting beat up pretty badly on the second day.

Cuse
Illinois
Pitt
Duke
ND
Minnesota
Ohio St
Wiscy
NC St
Mich St
BC
Nebraska

Indiana @ Cuse
Illinois @ Ga Tech
Penn St @ Pitt
Michigan @ Duke
Notre Dame @ Iowa
Florida St @ Minnesota

And six games tomorrow;
Maryland @ Ohio St
Wisconsin @ Virginia
Northwestern @ NC St
Boston College @ Purdue
Miami @ Nebraska

Some of these match ups make me want to turn unicorns into an endangered species.

Acc has a chance. I see it going 4-2 (ACC) the first day and 2-4 the second day. But I have Purdue, Nebraska and NC St. winning and you couldn't make me bet on any of them with a gun to my head.

Indiana @ Cuse
Illinois @ Ga Tech
Penn St @ Pitt
Michigan @ Duke
Notre Dame @ Iowa
Florida St @ Minnesota

And six games tomorrow;
Maryland @ Ohio St
Wisconsin @ Virginia
Northwestern @ NC St
Boston College @ Purdue
Miami @ Nebraska

Concur

Cuse
Illinois
Pitt
Duke
Iowa
Florida St

And six games tomorrow;
Ohio St
Virginia
NC St
Michigan St
Purdue
Nebraska

I miss the Big East

Yeah we could be playing Arkansas tonight. Bleh.

The Big East never matched us up with UK in how many years of BE-SEC challenges? Thats all you need to know.

Yeah we could be playing Arkansas tonight. Bleh.

The Big East never matched us up with UK in how many years of BE-SEC challenges? Thats all you need to know.

while i agree with your sentiment...i was just looking at our schedule and i don't see too many ranked ACC teams come February...always loved the Big East RPI boost every year

Indiana @ Cuse
Illinois
@ Ga Tech
Penn St @ Pitt
Michigan @ Duke
Notre Dame
@ Iowa
Florida St @ Minnesota

And six games tomorrow;
Maryland @ Ohio St
Wisconsin
@ Virginia
Northwestern @ NC St
Boston College @ Purdue
Miami @ Nebraska

Pretty much agree though I think Minnesota and Virginia could pull off wins at home. Also ND/Iowa is a toss up. Miami and Nebraska too because they both suck.

Indiana @ Cuse
Illinois
@ Ga Tech
Penn St @ Pitt
Michigan @ Duke
Notre Dame @ Iowa
Florida St @ Minnesota

Maryland @ Ohio St
Wisconsin @ Virginia
Northwestern @ NC St
Boston College @ Purdue
Miami @ Nebraska

6-6 tie. Two key swing games are ND-Iowa and Wisky-UVA. ACC needs to get both to win the series IMO.
I just hope our guys aren't jet lagged out and sleep walk, that's a concern. Too bad we didn't get a Wednesday game. If we play well we'll be fine.

I was just saying that to some of my friends. I too think Carolina wins that game.

Like SU, they have a history of playing down to the level of their opponent.

They're going to take out some Belmont frustrations on #1.

Indiana @ Cuse
Illinois
@ Ga Tech
Penn St @ Pitt
Michigan @ Duke
Notre Dame @ Iowa
Florida St @ Minnesota

Maryland @ Ohio St
Wisconsin @ Virginia
Northwestern @ NC St
Boston College @ Purdue
Miami @ Nebraska

Only upsets I could see are Notre Dame over Iowa and Wisconsin over Virginia. The other 10 games I am pretty confident about.

I think this year's Challenge either ties out at 6-6 or the BiG wins it at 7-5.

This is the last year the BiG has a shot of winning it, imho. The pendulum will swing back to the ACC starting next year.

Cheers,
Neil

6-6 seems about right. I wonder which UNC team will show up to play Michigan State?

This is the last year the BiG has a shot of winning it, imho. The pendulum will swing back to the ACC starting next year.

Cheers,
Neil
Agreed. The ACC is at a low point this year, I wouldn't be surprised with the B1G taking this 8-4. I'll be quick to point out that the B1G has the longest title drought between basketball and football of any of the 5 major conferences. They may win the challenge but they still suck.

Cheers,
Neil

The marketing buzz around the ACC basketball conference is just amazing. Just wait until Duke plays us in the Dome the night before the Super Bowl. Are you kidding me???? That's going to have just as high TV ratings as a final four game! Add the buzz around Louisville joining next year will keep the buzz going. Plus SU football going bowling again. Wow! We have lot to be grateful for as Orange fans right now!!!

Even if coach Hop gets a head coaching job somewhere I do not think it is going to hurt recruiting. The Orange BB program is a juggernaut. It will continue to attract talent just because of the brand recognition. And I don't think JB wants to retire anytime soon.

Indiana @ Cuse
Illinois
@ Ga Tech
Penn St @ Pitt
Michigan @ Duke
Notre Dame
@ Iowa
Florida St @ Minnesota

And six games tomorrow;
Maryland @ Ohio St
Wisconsin
@ Virginia
Northwestern @ NC St
Boston College @ Purdue
Miami @ Nebraska

Cuse
Illinois
Pitt
Michigan
ND
Minnesota
OSU
Wisconsin
NC St
UNC
BC
Nebraska

As of now the ACC has 2-0 lead and Pitt is up 7 with 1:30 left, so we should get to 3-0 before the night caps begin. Very promising start for the conference.

As of now the ACC has 2-0 lead and Pitt is up 7 with 1:30 left, so we should get to 3-0 before the night caps begin. Very promising start for the conference.
Sorry SWL didn't see your thread when I started one of the same topic.

Sorry SWL didn't see your thread when I started one of the same topic.
No worries my man, there are worse things in life than another thread about basketball.

On a separate note Pitt held off Penn St to push us to 3-0 officially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom