ACCN - think I will be disappointed...... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACCN - think I will be disappointed......

I wouldn’t hold your breath if you have Dish network or Comcast

I just posted this on page 28 of the thread on the football board. There's no reason for optimism WRT Comcast. :(

Yeah sadly I have heard from very close people to the University that there is very little to no chance Comcast gets a deal done.

They are in the middle of a contract so need to reup with ESPN right now

I hope everyone who's cable company doesnt pick up ACCN by mid next week dumps their a$$.

The game will be on reddit or somewhere else. The cable companies think they have us by the short hairs...I'll listen on cuse.com or somewhere else before I give the cable companies a penny for their crappy service

Just received this email confirmation "I do apologize, but Dish Network isn't getting the ACC channel." I am so p'd with Dish network right now. This is unbelievable. Being in Canada I have no other sources to pick this up except bandit streaming.

the reality is that they dont want to pass on the cost for the minority that care about the channel. even among SU fans once you get past the big 3 sports most of the other sports gets very little play.

I don’t know why everyone is still blaming only the carriers. Takes 2 to tango. Maybe the ACCN is being unreasonable.

Just received this email confirmation "I do apologize, but Dish Network isn't getting the ACC channel." I am so p'd with Dish network right now. This is unbelievable. Being in Canada I have no other sources to pick this up except bandit streaming.

This is what Dish is saying now on Twitter:
DISH Answers
@dish_answers
·
49s
Replying to
@lutrm48
Hello, Lucas! At this time, we do not have a contract to carry ACC Network. We are working with the owner of the ACC Network to see if a fair agreement can be reached to carry this channel on DISH’s line-up. Our top priority is to provide our customers...
https://dish.response.lithium.com/portal/convers

^^ youtube tv or one of the other streaming tv options aren't available in Canada? If not - can't you use a VPN?

^^ youtube tv or one of the other streaming tv options aren't available in Canada? If not - can't you use a VPN?
Lots of other TV service options available here, but none that can override our Government's "foreign content" restrictions.

I've looked into a VPN several times in recent years. Decided against it because it is just a pain. You pay to set it up and then you need somebody's TV service account number to utilize "Watch ESPN". Just not comfortable in doing the latter.

Lots of other TV service options available here, but none that can override our Government's "foreign content" restrictions.

I've looked into a VPN several times in recent years. Decided against it because it is just a pain. You pay to set it up and then you need somebody's TV service account number to utilize "Watch ESPN". Just not comfortable in doing the latter.

There are free VPN apps. I've used Betternet. It's pretty easy to use. Of course, I live in the US and have access to ESPN at home so all I have to do is use a VPN app to fool ESPN into thinking I'm in the U.S. when I'm actually traveling abroad. If you live in Canada, you have to use someone else's account to access ESPN.

However, BTN is available in Canada on Shaw Direct. I hope that eventually ACCN will also be available in Canada in the same way.

My cable system is signed up for ACC Network. Have seen no promos or info about its launch. Asked today what channel will it be on. Customer service had no information. Seemed to not even be aware of it. Not a good sign.

What about Hulu? Apparently it will carry the ACC Network. If you don’t have, I think it’s pretty easy to get an introductory offer for 99 cents a month for the first year. So $12 for the year. I believe that’s the deal I have right now. That would at least get you through year 1.

Channel 388 on spectrum in Oneonta

Sorry old news. I see it has been posted on the football board

What about Hulu? Apparently it will carry the ACC Network. If you don’t have, I think it’s pretty easy to get an introductory offer for 99 cents a month for the first year. So $12 for the year. I believe that’s the deal I have right now. That would at least get you through year 1.
My research indicates Hulu is not yet available in Canada, but will be coming apparently. Even if it were available, it would not offer any American sports channels due to the Government restrictions mentioned above which are in conflict with Canadian exclusive sports channels.

So how do you have Dish Network in Canada?

My cable system is signed up for ACC Network. Have seen no promos or info about its launch. Asked today what channel will it be on. Customer service had no information. Seemed to not even be aware of it. Not a good sign.
I have Spectrum and have seen several promos for ACCN

This tweet from DISH sounds a lot more encouraging:

DISH Answers

@dish_answers

·
8m

Replying to
@Lenvillecards
Hey, Len! We have let our Programming Team know the ACC Network is in high demand with many of our members, and hope to get this added to our lineup before its launch tomorrow. -JM

so pay to have directv installed at someones house in the US and then take it on a camping trip to canada.

For those of you who don't have ACCN yet, not to worry. Looks like the first week is going to be rotating doses of Clemson v. Alabama and The Legend of Coach K so you'll have an easy time getting up to speed when you finally get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom