Adams and Howard - Opt Out Situation | Syracusefan.com

Adams and Howard - Opt Out Situation

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
**This is not a thread to criticize the two players pro potential/choice**

From what I’ve read, Adams opted out to train for the NFL. OK.

Howard’s doing the same seems to be conjecture. Or is there a quote/article confirming pro intentions too?

If Howard opted out because of COVID, that’s a completely different situation. Im hoping this is the case because he provides invaluable depth at RB.

Does anyone have further details on Howards opt out choice?

If your post is going to be “who cares” or “see ya”, save it. He’s a good teammate who showed a lot of potential his freshman year, and everyone had a rough 2019. We complain about a talent gap at skills positions then wave bye to quality depth/experience as fans.

I’d take him back in a heartbeat.

Would also allow Howard back but I have no idea why Adams chose to opt out for the NFL for he doesn't have the talent to make it at the next level. Tucker is the real deal and will be a star RB before he is done on the hill.

Dino won't respond to any questions about these two.
Reporters either don't want to or can't ask Adams and Howard to confirm anything or provide updates.
It feels like limbo.

Dino won't respond to any questions about these two.
Reporters either don't want to or can't ask Adams and Howard to confirm anything or provide updates.
It feels like limbo.
There is no limbo, if either was still a part of the syracuse football program then Dino would discuss them. They are no longer part of the Syracuse football program.

If he comes back fine, if he doesn't come back that's fine to. 5 running backs should be the benchmark.

Tucker, Hough, Jordan, Lutz, Pierre is 5. Pierre might graduate this spring, if he takes his degree and walks we'll need a 5th.

It has been posted in the original thread several times. Howard opted out for different reasons, and those in the know do not blame him for his choices.
I see Tommy’s Dad confirmed Jarveon had a valid reasoning for opting out that had nothing to do with the draft.

I guess my question then, since its now months later, is this a situation where the door remains open to him should the situation better/resolve?

I don’t need to know what it is. Just if he’s gone gone or just required the season off for personal reasons. It’s a weird year.

I've mentioned this before, but Jarveon likely stays in Mississippi and transfers closer to home based on what I've been told. The school nor Babers didn't anything wrong. Some things are bigger than football at the moment.

If he comes back fine, if he doesn't come back that's fine to. 5 running backs should be the benchmark.

Tucker, Hough, Jordan, Lutz, Pierre is 5. Pierre might graduate this spring, if he takes his degree and walks we'll need a 5th.

That would be an OK 5 deep I suppose, now that 4 of the 5 have meaningful on field experience.

My concern is the staffs decided Lutz is better suited at slot. Pierre has not secured a backup two/three deep role in his time here. Hough, though a tantalizing prospect, hasn’t taken a p5 snap yet and not every stud frosh pans out immediately like Tucker has. Which is fine. I have high hopes for Josh either way.

We have more options with Howard in than out.

I see Tommy’s Dad confirmed Jarveon had a valid reasoning for opting out that had nothing to do with the draft.

I guess my question then, since its now months later, is this a situation where the door remains open to him should the situation better/resolve?

I don’t need to know what it is. Just if he’s gone gone or just required the season off for personal reasons. It’s a weird year.

I don't see why not. If the door is open for Dawson it should be open for Howard. All 3 are still on the roster.

I've mentioned this before, but Jarveon likely stays in Mississippi and transfers closer to home based on what I've been told. The school nor Babers didn't anything wrong. Some things are bigger than football at the moment.

Ah I think I pick up what you’re putting down. In that case, I’m fine if the threads closed or just merged with the old Orange Nation post. I didn’t feel like playing necromancer today.

There is no limbo, if either was still a part of the syracuse football program then Dino would discuss them. They are no longer part of the Syracuse football program.

But is it definite that they cannot/will not eventually re-join the team? I don't think that is clear.

The limbo I was referring to is that the coach can't provide info on them right now because they're not with the team. But it's possible that they potentially could rejoin the team, I think.
Or maybe they are definitely gone. If that's the case, then reporters should be able to ask them questions but that isn't happening either.

That would be an OK 5 deep I suppose, now that 4 of the 5 have meaningful on field experience.

My concern is the staffs decided Lutz is better suited at slot. Pierre has not secured a backup two/three deep role in his time here. Hough, though a tantalizing prospect, hasn’t taken a p5 snap yet and not every stud frosh pans out immediately like Tucker has. Which is fine. I have high hopes for Josh either way.

We have more options with Howard in than out.

Lutz was moved to RB in the off season. Pena has been put in the slot but could also be shifted to RB. Hough will have to earn it, we've seen this story before. Adonis Moore, Garrison Johnson...speaking of which man Johnson might be kicking himself.

Truly you shouldn't get past RB number 3 during a season.

Lutz was moved to RB in the off season. Pena has been put at the slot but could also be shifted to RB. Hough will have to warn it, we've seen this story before. AAMoore, Garrison Johnson...speaking of which man Johnson might be kicking himself.

Think Lutz was moved back because of the Adams/Howard news. They had opted out before August and it was already known by some on this board. Just the type of news a forum doesn’t have the right to break.

Think Lutz was moved back because of the Adams/Howard news. They had opted out before August and it was already known by some on this board. Just the type of news a forum doesn’t have the right to break.

Lutz was moved to RB in the off season. Pena has been put in the slot but could also be shifted to RB. Hough will have to earn it, we've seen this story before. Adonis Moore, Garrison Johnson...speaking of which man Johnson might be kicking himself.

The better 4-5 are the better practices are for the D and other RB’s

If they want to come back they should be accepted.
If Howard wants to take advantage of the NCAA transfer rule then go ahead and I thank him for playing football at SU.

Adams isn’t transferring again he is likely going to try for the pros. Best of luck to him hope he kills it.

These guys are gone. Which is fine RBs can be replaced probably the easiest of any position in football.

No bad feelings toward either as I don't think either are going to be - or should be - that hard to replace. Also don't think if one or both were still on the team our record is any different.

Injuries seem to strike our team in waves, hitting already decimated positions where depth is compromised at an inordinately high rate.

As such, I would prefer to have as many quality players at each position as possible. I don't think that we're "good" at RB -- look how it played out. Jordan injured, Tucker injured, down to Lutz [who seems like a third down back]. Sure would be nice to have either Howard / Adams -- or both -- to bolster depth.

When the oline gets a bit better the RB needs to be a functional piece of the puzzle not a game changer. If you get an elite runner thats a bonus we seldom have had around here for years.

While I support those kids if they want to leave - it’s their choice after all - I think we underestimate the value of having a big, experienced RB in the lineup who can act as another pass protector when necessary. We have put a lot of stress on our you g RBs to do that.

While I support those kids if they want to leave - it’s their choice after all - I think we underestimate the value of having a big, experienced RB in the lineup who can act as another pass protector when necessary. We have put a lot of stress on our you g RBs to do that.
True but I will tell you I saw Lutz pick up the blitz at least twice against Clemson and stopped the guy dead both times. Lutz has no problems engaging and did well identifying.

Jarveon had a good reason
Idk about Adams
maybe they didn’t there chances with the O line injuries? Honestly I don’t know that’s just a possibility every team not just us is going to sweat out who’s coming back or transferring

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom