Adams | Syracusefan.com

Adams

Give Moe his share of the carries; then play him in the slot for the other plays...

I agree they are close but Neal just feels like a really really good #2 (not as powerful and suited well to passing situations) and Adams more like a 1.

Howard a good third back. Just Liberty but this is a good group. I hope Adams can get a little more slippery and elusive because he has big potential.

Looked to me like he should be the number one. They need to give home more carries.
I thought so too.

When it's close, I think Dino is rewarding the guy that has helped us get here, kind of like with Strickland last year. It'll be interesting to see how it evolves over the course of the year.

The hot hand gets the carries. They each play 2 series and who is being productive gets the snaps.

I have full confidence in all 3 and know that Jordan would add to that but there just aren't even snaps to get him in there yet.

Moe is like this teams second QB out there in terms of play calling(RB calls line protections if I’m not mistaken), and presence. He is a senior who has been through it all and is a great back. Adams is slightly more talented IMO and it seems like these two are going to have similar carry numbers come end of season. THIS IS A PERFECT “PROBLEM” TO HAVE. It looks like our defense and run game will be consistently good, and the pass offense might be occasionally great to start the year. If all three can be consistently good we have a real chance for a special year.

The hot hand gets the carries. They each play 2 series and who is being productive gets the snaps.

I have full confidence in all 3 and know that Jordan would add to that but there just aren't even snaps to get him in there yet.
I'll be waiting to see if Jordan gets run in the last 4 games. He probably doesn't know the offense well enough at this point to warrant taking carries from the veterans and burn his shirt.

Did we watch the same game he is good and so is Moe. He doesn't deserve to start over Moe.

He does. The Neal is a senior and has been here love aside, when Adams has the ball it’s obvious he is a) faster, b) stronger, c) has quicker feet, his plant and cut is nasty. As the game wore on I felt I was wanting to see him get more carries. I think this will bear out over the season.

Last edited:
He does. The Neal is a senior and has been here love aside, when Adams has the ball it’s bvious he is a) faster, b) stronger, c) has quicker feet, his plant and cut is nasty. As the games wore on I felt I was wanting to see him get more carries. I think this will bear out over the season.
Wouldn't suprise me to see a shift similar to last season wirh Strickland/Neal. I would think there is still more confidence in Neal doing the mental things at this point, with his experience.

He might have a little Jerome Smith in him. Need to see a bunch more carries though.

He does. The Neal is a senior and has been here love aside, when Adams has the ball it’s bvious he is a) faster, b) stronger, c) has quicker feet, his plant and cut is nasty. As the games wore on I felt I was wanting to see him get more carries. I think this will bear out over the season.
Moe looked plenty quick and fast on the TD run.

I don’t know if we’ve ever had three RBs that are as physically indistinguishable as these three. Coupled with the weird numbers and camera angles and I often had a hard time figuring out who was in. Moe is a step quicker for sure

I guess I get what you're saying. Adams has the look, and Adams is a great RB. In game one Neal outgained him in receiving and rushing. Rushing they had the same number of attempts. Even discounting Moe's 42 yarder, he would have rushed for two yards less on one less carry.

It's not like Adams was significantly better. They both did well in pass protection. I'm not seeing the "it's obvious" part of your statement yet. Not to say that it won't move that way over the course of the season, but that one game didn't prove that.

I guess I get what you're saying. Adams has the look, and Adams is a great RB. In game one Neal outgained him in receiving and rushing. Rushing they had the same number of attempts. Even discounting Moe's 42 yarder, he would have rushed for two yards less on one less carry.

It's not like Adams was significantly better. They both did well in pass protection. I'm not seeing the "it's obvious" part of your statement yet. Not to say that it won't move that way over the course of the season, but that one game didn't prove that.

The carries aren’t all created equal either.

Adams has more high end skill. Neal still has a better feel for the offense.

both had 1 big run, 1 got called back.

The carries aren’t all created equal either.
I understand that, and it seems Babers is utilizing Adams as a short yardage guy right now. Adams did get some outside runs so I wouldn’t say he was shackled all that much.

Adams also had a long play brought back because of a hold. I don't remember it it was a catch or run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom