Addazio/Temple | Syracusefan.com

Addazio/Temple

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Doing pretty good on the recruiting front. Has landed two Jersey kids with Rutgers' offers. PJ Walker 6-1 195 out of Elizabeth, NJ and Buddy Brown 6-2 205 out of Williamstown, NJ...Brown looks like a big time prospect with 20+ BCS offers. Hope he's qualified.

In true Rutgers fashion though they're claiming neither kid had a Rutgers' offer even though both sites say they did.

If God forbid things fall apart with Marrone or something happens where he is not coaching here in a few years, I hope that SU makes a major play for Addazio

If God forbid things fall apart with Marrone or something happens where he is not coaching here in a few years, I hope that SU makes a major play for Addazio
let's see how the Owls actually perform on the field before deciding he would be a good fit - is he more Charlie Strong (good recruit/good coach) or Ron Zook (good recruit/no coach)

let's see how the Owls actually perform on the field before deciding he would be a good fit - is he more Charlie Strong (good recruit/good coach) or Ron Zook (good recruit/no coach)

Last year was pretty good.

Completely agree but if you can get it done at Temple that's a good sign. He went 9-4 last year with Golden's kids. Of the 4 losses, 3 were by 11 points.

Loss Penn State 14-10
Loss Toledo 36-13
Loss at Bowling Green 13-10
Loss at Ohio 35-31

I'll be very curious to see how the sophomore year is and in the Big East to boot. I think they're going to give people headaches.

We'll see how he does with a conference upgrade, albeit it is the Big Weasy that is looking more and more like CUSA, which isn't a knock on them. But his recruiting over the last couple of weeks is nothing to ignore, that coupled with Rutnerds is making PA and NJ difficult places to recruit for the Cuse. What happened in NJ? We have always had a very strong fan base there yet we aren't getting the recruits there anymore. We need NJ, they have strong BCS level kids coming out of there, alot more than NY.

If Doug doesnt make the grade you can bet that Steve is on the short list

We'll see how he does with a conference upgrade, albeit it is the Big Weasy that is looking more and more like CUSA, which isn't a knock on them. But his recruiting over the last couple of weeks is nothing to ignore, that coupled with Rutnerds is making PA and NJ difficult places to recruit for the Cuse. What happened in NJ? We have always had a very strong fan base there yet we aren't getting the recruits there anymore. We need NJ, they have strong BCS level kids coming out of there, alot more than NY.
I'm impressed that you could turn even this thread into a question about Syracuse's recruiting success - especially by asking a question that has been endlessly debated on this and the last board for at least three years now - I'm now wondering how much positive recruiting momentum will be needed for you to stop trying to hijack every thread into a "why can't SU recruit XXX" thread

I'm impressed that you could turn even this thread into a question about Syracuse's recruiting success - especially by asking a question that has been endlessly debated on this and the last board for at least three years now - I'm now wondering how much positive recruiting momentum will be needed for you to stop trying to hijack every thread into a "why can't SU recruit XXX" thread
I haven't been on this site but for a few months, so to say you have been beating it for three years doesn't really matter to me, I wasn't privy to all the chatter. Obviously, at this point on this site there will always be a total disection of anything I have to say so you can spin it what ever way you want to. Read my Zach thread comment, I am curious how you spin that one as me being neagtive, impress me.

They were but those were mostly all of Golden's kids. Still think he'll be successful.

Not a knock... but the question was focused on his coaching not his recruiting. Regardless how the kids got there, he coached them to a 9-4 record.

Not a knock... but the question was focused on his coaching not his recruiting. Regardless how the kids got there, he coached them to a 9-4 record.

Yeah and good coaches win lots of games. "Those were coach X's kids" is relevant on some level but really not major factor. GRob went 1-10 with P's kids then proved he could be almost as bad with his own. Urban Meyer won lots of games with other people's recruits but I'd be willing to be he'd do just fine with his own. I suppose a guy like Guthridge with Dean Smith's kids is a valid point, but generally good coaches win games. DM has benefited quite a bit from this "not his kids" line but he needs to win some games (which I think he will) regardless of whose kids they are.

I'm sure UConn has its eye on him to replace Pasqualoni when he retires.

I'm sure UConn has its eye on him to replace Pasqualoni when he retires.

He will be on to bigger and better things before that IMO.