Additional Wins | Syracusefan.com

Additional Wins

blue&orange

Scout Team
While getting to 7-9 wins this season is still a reality, the immediate goal should be getting to the 6th win first. Where do you see the additional wins coming in the schedule? (hard to forecast in the ACC) My list from most likely to least. Starting with assumption we are already 3-2 and need 3 more wins.

1) BC...we should be a touchdown favorite and this is the only game left that I feel comfortable about our chances

2) Pitt...its at home and we need this win. Going along with road games at NCST and FSU where we will be underdogs a 3 game skid with a loss here could derail the season. This is a season defining game.

3) Wake...very good team but its at home to end the season so it should be a 50/50 game

4) Duke...for some reason I see this as our best chance to poach an ACC road win

5) Louisville...they are no pushover but we should have a good chance, it would help it they are at the bottom of the standings by that point and not fighting for a bowl

6) NCST... never felt good about this being a road game on Thursday night. They have looked bad the last two weeks so an upset it possible.

7) FSU...most challenging game left on the schedule but still doable.

While getting to 7-9 wins this season is still a reality, the immediate goal should be getting to the 6th win first. Where do you see the additional wins coming in the schedule? (hard to forecast in the ACC) My list from most likely to least. Starting with assumption we are already 3-2 and need 3 more wins.

1) BC...we should be a touchdown favorite and this is the only game left that I feel comfortable about our chances

2) Pitt...its at home and we need this win. Going along with road games at NCST and FSU where we will be underdogs a 3 game skid with a loss here could derail the season. This is a season defining game.

3) Wake...very good team but its at home to end the season so it should be a 50/50 game

4) Duke...for some reason I see this as our best chance to poach an ACC road win

5) Louisville...they are no pushover but we should have a good chance, it would help it they are at the bottom of the standings by that point and not fighting for a bowl

6) NCST... never felt good about this being a road game on Thursday night. They have looked bad the last two weeks so an upset it possible.

7) FSU...most challenging game left on the schedule but still doable.
I think we get to 6 wins with wins over BC, L'Ville, Duke, Pitt.

The game I'm most nervous about is Wake, which I wouldn't have guessed going into the season. They flat out score points.

On the road at NC State is big. Never easy going on the road, but coming out of a bye with a chance to get some guys healthy, it lines up for us to come out strong.

On the road at NC State is big. Never easy going on the road, but coming out of a bye with a chance to get some guys healthy, it lines up for us to come out strong.

Yep... and anything can happen on a Thursday night game. Weekly routine is all out of whack. Big game, but any result wouldn’t surprise me.

wake BC is a huge game for both.

Wake lucky to not be 2-2, but a win and 3 home games they could get ranked.

BC if they lose then go to UL, with NC st Clem, SU, FSU ND to follow.

Best thing about Clemson early is the team that beats you up the most is gone before the BYE week for us.

Get out of the Holy Cross game healthy and after that every game is going to be a battle. Regarding those ACC games, who knows what team will show up as each one is so up and down. Wake has been the most consistent and toughest game imo but all of them are going to be about execution and breaks.

The byes and weekday games should help rest some sore bodies.

The game I'm most nervous about is Wake, which I wouldn't have guessed going into the season. They flat out score points.

Yes Wake has won their first four games in forever but look at who they have beaten. Utah St 38-34, Rice, Elon and UNC 18-24. UNC isn't that good.

Yes Wake has won their first four games in forever but look at who they have beaten. Utah St 38-34, Rice, Elon and UNC 18-24. UNC isn't that good.

Utah St was 10-2 and is 2-1 after defeating undefeated SDS and has their star QB who is really good back. UNC is solid and has a win over USCe. Rice and Elon...I agree are not good.

It ain't going to be easy. I'm in the minority but I like our chances against run first teams better than pass first.

Utah St was 10-2 and is 2-1 after defeating undefeated SDS and has their star QB who is really good back. UNC is solid and has a win over USCe. Rice and Elon...I agree are not good.
UNC really isn't solid. They lost to App St yesterday at home. S. Carolina is the bottom of the SEC and is currently 1-3 with their only win against Charleston Southern

Wake is looking extremely good. If they stay healthy they could give us fits like the last time they visited the dome.
I've been high on them since I started watching Newman. He's playing really well.

I feel like Utah State is a really good team. That was an impressive win to me.

I feel like we can beat or lose to any of the ACC teams left on the schedule. Nobody is that good, unfortunately including us.

A lot of it is who stays healthy and who comes to play on a given day.
Right now, we have the look of a .500 team IMO.

Hopefully we can get a few key guys back and stay healthy through the rest of the year, improve, and get on a roll. You never know. Last year we didn’t really get on a roll until we eeked out that UNC win at home. We then followed that with a great performance and win against NC State, and we pretty much cruised from there in ACC play(ND outclassed us).

Injuries are a big factor, for sure, but so is how the back half of the ACC standings unfold. A team playing for the #2 seed and a spot in the Orange Bowl (or trying to become bowl-eligible) is going to be a lot more motivated than a team that has folded (like UNC, Louisville, and FlaSt did last season)

Ranking of chances for wins (best chances on top):

Holy Cross

Pitt and BC (one dimensional offenses at home)

Duke and NC State (not very good teams on the road)

Louisville and FSU (more talented teams with multi-dimensional offenses on road)

Wake (probably about the same talent level, but are clearly playing much better at the moment)

I feel like Utah State is a really good team. That was an impressive win to me.
But as Clawson says, Wake is 0-0 in the ACC. They start ACC play next weekend with BC. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom