Adirondacks Golf | Syracusefan.com

Adirondacks Golf

CNYnVa

Walk On
My wife and I may head to the mountains later this month. Can anyone recommend any golf courses? They don't need to be great tests on our meager skills, just be fun to play and/or have good views. We also may make it to lakes George and Champlain. Thanks

sutomcat can help you out
If you visit the Old Forge area, the courses to play are Thendara and Inlet. Both are very nice. Thendara is within walking distance of the Thendara train station. When you play Inlet, it is not unusual to get a warning about bears in the woods reported on several holes.

These courses are beautiful and fun to play. They cost about $50 with a cart on a weekday.

For Lake Champlain...go here

If you visit the Old Forge area, the courses to play are Thendara and Inlet. Both are very nice. Thendara is within walking distance of the Thendara train station. When you play Inlet, it is not unusual to get a warning about bears in the woods reported on several holes.

These courses are beautiful and fun to play. They cost about $50 with a cart on a weekday.
I like them both but for whatever reason, Inlet always kicks my butt.

Hiland GC in Queensbury is a great course and its just south of Lake George. $40 if you are 60+. And of course The Sagamore is on Lake George. Nice course but pricey. Another course that is less expensive (and less difficult) but I have always enjoyed is Cronin's in Warrensburg. Course gets great reviews.

strange i summered in chestertown for 40 yrs and never heard of cronins.

played green mansions 100 times though.

top of the world has some nice views .

Sagamore is pretty nice.

Saratoga national is tough to get on this time of yr.

I liked Hiland

always like the Spa course as a kid

bend of the river you can hit one over the hudson for fun

strange i summered in chestertown for 40 yrs and never heard of cronins.

played green mansions 100 times though.

top of the world has some nice views .

Sagamore is pretty nice.

Saratoga national is tough to get on this time of yr.

I liked Hiland

always like the Spa course as a kid

bend of the river you can hit one over the hudson for fun
I see National sending out all kinds of email specials. Don't think it would be impossible to get on. Huge difference between Green Mansions and Cronins. Surprised you never heard of it. Also in Saratoga is the Lake course. I like playing there plus they finally built a clubhouse with good food and a nice deck.

Two spectacular courses. Definitely have had a black bear sighting on the back 9 at Inlet. I haven’t played Thendara yet this year (will in two weeks) but word is that it is in great shape- their new groundskeeper has apparently made the conditions, which were already nice, even better...

Now I want to go back to NY for the rest of the summer! Thanks all for the tips!

Hiland GC in Queensbury is a great course and its just south of Lake George. $40 if you are 60+. And of course The Sagamore is on Lake George. Nice course but pricey. Another course that is less expensive (and less difficult) but I have always enjoyed is Cronin's in Warrensburg. Course gets great reviews.

I’ve played Hiland and the Lake Placid Club several times, and always enjoyed them. I have also played the Sagamore several times, and wasn’t crazy about it (though the last time was several years ago, when it was in bad shape, but nevertheless expensive). If the Sagamore has been repaired, it could be good, as it’s a Donald Ross course.

If you’re in the Saranac Lake area, another course to consider is the Saranac Inn course, north of Upper Saranac Lake.

I have played Malone Golf club about 15 times. Used to an annual trip when I lived right on the border. Is that considered Adirondacks?

I have played Malone Golf club about 15 times. Used to an annual trip when I lived right on the border. Is that considered Adirondacks?
Great course. It’s on the edge of Adirondack Park. But close enough

Playing both Hiland and Cronin's next week. Looking forward to both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom