Adrian Autry wants to be a head coach, but will it happen at Syracuse? | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry wants to be a head coach, but will it happen at Syracuse?

Hope we get some updates from the trip on Jalen.

He will be a HC elsewhere after this season, he is ready and he’s been the best recruiter at SU since the day he joined

He will be a HC elsewhere after this season, he is ready and he’s been the best recruiter at SU since the day he joined
I agree. I think it may be we lose all the assistants over the next few years. It is not ideal to recruit to a school where you can’t say definitively the coach will be there your entire 4 years. Also what happens to the assistants when/if JB retires and a new staff is brought in. Lot of decisions must be made. Think Autry would have been perfect for Buffalo but they wanted to keep their recruits and hired from within.

Jerami Grant
CJ Fair
Michael G
Andrew White
Chris Mc
Bj Johnson
Tyler Ennis
Oshae Brissett
Quincy Q
Jalen Carey
Jon Bol Ajak
Jesse Edwards
Robert Braswell
Marek D
Taurean Thompson
Frank Howard
M Diagne
Yet you couldn't find one recruit for Hopkins in the other thread. ;) I love Autry and what he brings to the program, not sure if he is the next head coach here though.

I hope Hopkins does.
Animal Cruelty - this horse has been beaten to death for years. Must the flogging continue ???

In regards to Red, I would not have a problem with his being the next HC, but I also would not want to jump both feet in without consideration of other candidates at that time. I figure Jimmy will be here at least as long as Buddy, so that is three more years minimum and a lot can change in that timeframe.

I would not want us to go the coach in waiting route again unless it was linked to a definitive retirement date by Jimmy and that there would not be more than a one season overlap. I would not have a problem with Red being a coach in waiting under those circumstances. A lot to be said for continuity.

In regards to Red, I would not have a problem with his being the next HC, but I also would not want to jump both feet in without consideration of other candidates at that time.

This is basically where I am at. This is Syracuse basketball. There should be no shortage of great candidates, when the job is open. If it is determined that Red is the best candidate, awesome. Great SU player who has earned his way up the coaching ladder, and seems to be a solid recruiter, good with the players, handles himself well, etc. Whether it’s SU or not, it seems likely he’ll get a head coaching job soon.

It’s one of two things with Autry.
Either no other school has been interested in him being there HC which is the truth of the situation or Autry knows he has the job when JB is retiring.
Nobody has clue which scenario is the actual situation though.

It’s one of two things with Autry.
Either no other school has been interested in him being there HC which is the truth of the situation or Autry knows he has the job when JB is retiring.
Nobody has clue which scenario is the actual situation though.
He has only been on staff her like 7 years or so and Hop has only been gone 2 years. I think he is probably being selective since he got a promotion.

Autry would put together a helluva staff with his nyc and dmv connections...thats assuming Gerry takes a HC job...Griff would stay. Longggg way to go of course but wouldnt worry about recruiting at all with Red in charge

He has only been on staff her like 7 years or so and Hop has only been gone 2 years. I think he is probably being selective since he got a promotion.
Define selective?
Autry isn’t getting a P5 job out of Syracuse.
Hopkins did but he had been offered HC jobs as far back as 2010.

Autry needs to find an A-10 type job IMO. Unless he knows he is the guy to replace JB.

Red would be a great hire

Not for a program at our level, as a candidate with no head coaching experience and no proven track record.

Our AD is going to seek to hire the best candidate for the job when the time comes, period. There's really no reason for him to "settle" or artificially handcuff the search by limiting it only to internal candidates / those with former ties to our program.

Thank god for ACC revenue sharing -- because now we have the financial resources to go hire the best guy, instead of having to cut corners.

any assistant coach i say ya gotta leave the nest and get some cred. good things will happen. but expand your experience beyond one system and expand your horizon.

any assistant coach i say ya gotta leave the nest and get some cred. good things will happen. but expand your experience beyond one system and expand your horizon.

Autry has already coached elsewhere. He was a VT assistant before he came to Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom