Advice for single board members | Syracusefan.com

Advice for single board members

Timonen

All Conference
As you assess online profiles and look for opportunities to meet people, give strong weight to their college (football) affiliation. I can’t tell you what an amazing life choice it was to marry into LSU. It’s a great hedge on SU, we really don’t compete with each other and it’s opened up a connection to a wild and crazy world that’s unlike anything else. #lifelessons.

As you assess online profiles and look for opportunities to meet people, give strong weight to their college (football) affiliation. I can’t tell you what an amazing life choice it was to marry into LSU. It’s a great hedge on SU, we really don’t compete with each other and it’s opened up a connection to a wild and crazy world that’s unlike anything else. #lifelessons.
I need someone who will suffer with me

My wife comes from a Buckeye family but went to school in Tuscaloosa. I have a hard time pulling for those two schools. Then again, she said she likes to have football on TV because it helps her sleep.

Your wife likes football? College football? And understands football? God bless you man
More than “likes” it she gets it and I can’t bring any crazy to the table that she hasn’t seen 1000x worse and 100000x more inappropriate. Plus three national titles since we’ve been together, that I only feel a tiny bit dirty really enjoying.

I get the one girl who hates I coached hs and hates going to su games and she even hates going to the adk. We are now split. Lol

Like Timonen, I married into an SEC fan base... Gators in my case.

She loves football. College football is our favorite, though we also watch the NFL.
We’ve had some great trips to see football games across the country.
During football season we typically have 2 or 3 games going on on the deck (along with some adult beverages) to watch our teams + the neighbor’s team as well as other games of interest.

The only downer for her regarding college football is that the games have gotten too long. 4 hours can be too much. It doesn’t bother me at all if it’s an SU game.

She also puts up with my Orange hoops and lax addictions. We helped welcome Boeheim & Co, to their hotel for the 2013 Final Four. She now also supports the local soccer team (2 hour game time) and enjoys going to a couple of games each year.

As Timonen hinted at, choose wisely! ;)

* we even ran into Timonen & family during Boeheim’s Army’s 2018 run...

Last edited:
I married a Nova grad, who got more into her FCS program after watching more college football with me. FCS football is pretty fun to watch when they're not almost beating your team on their home turf. Plus, she's from Central PA and hates Penn State, so win win.

Person I like is a Miami fan. If it gets serious that would be a fun dynamic

I got divorced about 3 months ago. Not sure football college affiliation will be high on the list when I start looking again. lol

So where do you find these types of women? Statistically speaking, they're pretty rare and it's not like spotting a toupee.

Kinda related. My wife joined a Last Man Standing pool through her nephew this year. There were something like 1500 entries. She has always kind of enjoyed cheering on the Bills but this year we watched more NFL than ever at least until she lost but that was mid-November. She paid attention to Thu night, Sun and Mon games. Maybe not the whole game but definitely interest! It was a win-win situation and I will encourage her to participate again next year.