Advice or connections for Cameron tickets? | Syracusefan.com

Advice or connections for Cameron tickets?

ROCorange

Walk On
I've been a season ticket holder for several years and back in the Big East days always used to try to get to one away game as well. When we switched to the ACC, away games started requiring quite a bit more travel so I haven't tried in a few years. Cameron is on my bucket list though, and I thought this might be the year to give it a try. The cheapest seats on stubhub right now are $370. I know it's a small stadium and will be a tough ticket, but wondering if anyone has been and thinks prices will go down when the game draws closer, or if anyone has connections to tickets. Don't need good seats, just would be cool to get a look inside the building. Much appreciated!

I've been a season ticket holder for several years and back in the Big East days always used to try to get to one away game as well. When we switched to the ACC, away games started requiring quite a bit more travel so I haven't tried in a few years. Cameron is on my bucket list though, and I thought this might be the year to give it a try. The cheapest seats on stubhub right now are $370. I know it's a small stadium and will be a tough ticket, but wondering if anyone has been and thinks prices will go down when the game draws closer, or if anyone has connections to tickets. Don't need good seats, just would be cool to get a look inside the building. Much appreciated!

Craig’s List. A couple years ago my fiancée was scouring for tickets. Season ticket holders that canceled due to a family obligation met us at a bank in Durham/Chapel Hill area and we paid just about face value. Obviously you cannot count on it, we lucked out, but it was well worth it at the time.

Had a great upper level view to look down on this classic moment (Roberson spent the entire game in the air. 22 rebounds?):
49E35308-7F26-4353-9E11-E14EF035C7FC.gif

Very, very difficult. I know a few Duke and Carolina fans down there and both have told me that tickets are not easy to come by. I'm likely going to settle for a Chapel Hill trip and do a tour at Duke if possible.

I would have said I'd pull the trigger on the $370 right now, because when I bought last year, I got $525 (before fees), and they never got lower after I bought them in mid December. However, last year's game was a Saturday, and this year's is a Monday.

I started a thread before I went last year and did a write up after it was over. If you have any questions, send me a message. I don't come on every day, so be patient if I don't respond.

Has anyone ever been to a Syracuse game at Cameron Indoor?

Yeah we might be good enough that you want to buy now Monday game and all. What if its 1 vs 2?

I was in Virginia on business that Saturday morning and drove down with no tickets for our 2015 game. There was nothing outside noone selling tickets but dozens of people looking around and asking for tix. I begged the one guy who had an extra ticket waiting on his craiglist sale to sell me the ticket instead of to whoever for 200 and close to tip he did (he was a UNC fan.) 10 people saw what was going down and tried to outbid me luckily I got it.

Its cool but kind of pathetic they play in such a small space instead of expanding it and renovating I think even the crappiest seats go for 5k a year which is terrible and shameful if you ask me. Might as well be a country club that is the business model they want. Instead of expanding it so its not crazy uncomfortable they add huge Duke basketball museum onto the arena.

Thats a long way to go without tickets I wouldn't want to fly down to try and find something in the parking lot. Yes if we suck you will likely see some tickets on craiglist or stubhub the day of the game for cheaper than if you buy now. But trust me you would not have want to be at the game I went to looking for a ticket I was certain I was screwed and just wasted 8 hours driving to Durham NC.

Bucket list venue for sure. “ upper level “ seats are not upper level compared to 99% of venues we’ve been to. Unfortunately the small stadium combined with the hype of Duke basketball makes it an expensive ticket that doesn’t seem to go down in price- especially with these two coaches. If both teams start the season playing well, may go up.

$370 for duke Cuse at Cameron? You should’ve bought that ticket yesterday. Hell, I’m taking my kids to Sound of Music at the Landmark for $100 a piece. Lol. The Hills are alive... $370 is pretty good for a bucket list item like that.

I've been the past 3 times Syracuse has played at Cameron. Fortunately, I haven't had to buy any of the tickets since I have co-workers and friends with tickets that give them to me. But as everyone here has already said, they're not easy to come by. There's just not many seats in the arena and Syracuse is a big name team. Most of the season ticket holders don't want to give them up. Good luck with your search and I hope you get a chance to go... it's a great place to watch a game and there's not a bad seat in the place, IMO.

Craig’s List. A couple years ago my fiancée was scouring for tickets. Season ticket holders that canceled due to a family obligation met us at a bank in Durham/Chapel Hill area and we paid just about face value. Obviously you cannot count on it, we lucked out, but it was well worth it at the time.

Had a great upper level view to look down on this classic moment (Roberson spent the entire game in the air. 22 rebounds?):
View attachment 142152
Just a little warning to everyone to be very careful on Craig’s list. I was swindled out of some money as an upfront payment for masters badges several years back.

So be forewarned about paying anyone anything in advance of a meet up! It turned out that the person “selling” the badges was doing so out of a penitentiary. Lesson learned the hard way. I consider myself a very good judge of character and not a naive person but the thief was SO glib and so good a swindler that he convinced me it was on the up and up.

Just a little warning to everyone to be very careful on Craig’s list. I was swindled out of some money as an upfront payment for masters badges several years back.

So be forewarned about paying anyone anything in advance of a meet up! It turned out that the person “selling” the badges was doing so out of a penitentiary. Lesson learned the hard way. I consider myself a very good judge of character and not a naive person but the thief was SO glib and so good a swindler that he convinced me it was on the up and up.

Yes, I wouldn’t pay anyone up front. Solid advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom