After 6-0 start…. | Syracusefan.com

After 6-0 start….

corpjet

Board Prophet
What’s the Cliff Notes version of where we stand recruiting wise for next season?

I see lots of game day attendees and offers thrown about but where do we truly stand?

Thanks for any and all thoughts.

What’s the Cliff Notes version of where we stand recruiting wise for next season?

I see lots of game day attendees and offers thrown about but where do we truly stand?

Thanks for any and all thoughts.
In great shape with a bunch of high end kids. Four star kids. Lot of good talent in NY / NJ that we have been in on for a couple years.

Very confident the worm turns in the class of '24, and we land a top 30-35 class.

I don’t think we have the room. We’ll take a few more, maybe some late blue chips. Mostly I think it’s about the future at this point. IMO
I think he's looking for info on '24 and '25 kids

Hope we flip some of the elite kids like the band is flipping banners at Varsity this year…
Most '24 and '25 prospects haven't committed anywhere yet.

If you are talking about '23s only one available spot right now. Have to wait and see who is graduating or transferring out. The transfer portal really changes things in the recruiting cycle.

Last edited:
Most '24 and '25 prospects haven't committed anywhere yet.

If you are talking about '23s only one available spot right now. Have to wait and see who is graduating or transferring out. The transfer portal really changes things in the recruiting cycle.
Haven’t seen the loaves and fishes on scholarships, but would have graduating seniors/expiring eligibility + those likely to go pro + minimum of five transferring out (natural attrition especially with new OC).

There’s more than we think.

Haven’t seen the loaves and fishes on scholarships, but would have graduating seniors/expiring eligibility + those likely to go pro + minimum of five transferring out (natural attrition especially with new OC).

There’s more than we think.

I’ve been told the staff feels the big payday is going to be:

1. Closing in on some big flips for 2023.

2. The transfer portal after the season ends. We are going to be a better option for bigger recruits portaling out from bigger schools due to playing time issues. I think the staff does a really good job with knowing what their needs are and trying to address them via the portal in the off-season. I expect a good off-season from that aspect.

3. 2024. We are going to get some really good prospects. The work they’ve put in plus the results on the field are going to pay off.

Is Neil Nunn still with the team/program?
I had heard rumors he had a disqualifying injury?

They gave his #15 to Derek McDonald.

And, he has zero stats this season.

Is Neil Nunn still with the team/program?
I had heard rumors he had a disqualifying injury?

They gave his #15 to Derek McDonald.

And, he has zero stats this season.

Nunn is out for the season.

2. The transfer portal after the season ends. We are going to be a better option for bigger recruits portaling out from bigger schools due to playing time issues. I think the staff does a really good job with knowing what their needs are and trying to address them via the portal in the off-season. I expect a good off-season from that aspect.

3. 2024. We are going to get some really good prospects. The work they’ve put in plus the results on the field are going to pay off.
We need another WR who can step up and assert himself, force his way into a contributing role. WR coach needs to take a hard look at the group in the offseason IMO and have a group ready to go with at least 3 solid contributors next season. Enough is enough.

Are we sure Shrader is going to come back? He'll be graduating, correct?

This all seems most logical based on what we're seeing on the recruiting trail. The portal has changed things for everyone but for programs that are rebuilding it's dramatically altered the approach to recruiting. It used to be that JUCO was the only realistic route to get any number of quantity of upperclassman recruits in a given year. Now it's in a rebuilding program's best interest to wait it out and see what immediate needs they can fill via the portal.

Unless it's flipping Betrand or Norman, we shouldn't take anymore hs kids for '23. Any slots that open up for whatever reason, use them on Portal transfers that can contribute immediately next season. With the success that's brewing with our program, I think we can pull in the type of 2-deep guys that we missed out on last season(e.g. Cam Goode, Jared Verse, Akeem Mesidor, Steven Stilianos.)

Unless it's flipping Betrand or Norman, we shouldn't take anymore hs kids for '23. Any slots that open up for whatever reason, use them on Portal transfers that can contribute immediately next season. With the success that's brewing with our program, I think we can pull in the type of 2-deep guys that we missed out on last season(e.g. Cam Goode, Jared Verse, Akeem Mesidor, Steven Stilianos.)
If we steal Norman, so we have both Perry and Norman in the class that would be outstanding.

george costanza seinfeld GIF

Check out the QB room for next season:
Garret Shrader
Justin Lamson
CDR Wilson
LaNorris Sellers

RB room, without Tucker:
LeQuint Allen
Juwan Price
Ike Daniels
Muwaffaq Parkman

2 Very Good wideouts coming back: Gadsden and Jones

Oline will be a huge question mark.
This is the scary thing next year

Garret Shrader
Justin Lamson
CDR Wilson
LaNorris Sellers

RB room, without Tucker:
LeQuint Allen
Juwan Price
Ike Daniels
Muwaffaq Parkman

Yep, O-line has to be where we get a few top notch starting transfers.

Garret Shrader
Justin Lamson
CDR Wilson
LaNorris Sellers

RB room, without Tucker:
LeQuint Allen
Juwan Price
Ike Daniels
Muwaffaq Parkman

Didn’t realize juwan had another year, good for him. I think both him and Allen could be a good backfill for Tucker, not the same workhorse but a good crew

Yep, O-line has to be where we get a few top notch starting transfers.
Worried about keeping Lamson. Also, think we need to bring in a instant star rb, if Tucker leaves. Maybe use the Weitsman slot on a stud running back for next year, or a wr as well.

I think it’s 50/50 to assume Shrader will be back next season
And why is that? He's not going to the NFL and he can make more money with NIL then entering the "Real World". If you said 90/10 I'd think maybe you were close because some random, dumb thing could occur but 50/50 is a pretty wild take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom