After watching Edwards | Syracusefan.com

After watching Edwards

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
so my question is - Edwards was more game ready than Ajak? Please tell me the latter is injured or something. Again I think down the road Edwards has some skills - that said there is no excuse for a scholarship player be that unprepared to play. His AAU, IMG, and frankly position coach here should be embarrassed.

Ajak is super raw from what I've seen, even more so that Edwards. Ajak is more of a SF, PF than a center. He can actually shoot.

Long term, I think both can be very good.

so my question is - Edwards was more game ready than Ajak? Please tell me the latter is injured or something. Again I think down the road Edwards has some skills - that said there is no excuse for a scholarship player be that unprepared to play. His AAU, IMG, and frankly position coach here should be embarrassed.
Too hard on Edwards. He isn't ready. He has the skills. Not the upper body. I think both JBA and Edwards will be very good down the road. Not so sure about next year though. That is why I want the grad transfer.

happy JBA got the redshirt. Higher ceiling imo with his shot and size.

He got tossed to the wolves against Clemson, very difficult situation for a player who is not physically ready and has played limited minutes. Just my speculation, but it looked more mental than anything last night. He was very nervous. I think we can give him a break

So you’re going to judge him from what he did at Clemson? He barely played all year and was forced to play for emergency reasons. It’s obvious he was nervous and didn’t get a chance to warm up physically or mentally. He was thrown into the fire after sitting on the bench all game. People like to make issues when there isn’t one.

So you’re going to judge him from what he did at Clemson? He barely played all year and was forced to play for emergency reasons. It’s obvious he was nervous and didn’t get a chance to warm up physically or mentally. He was thrown into the fire after sitting on the bench all game. People like to make issues when there isn’t one.
If he had played well it proves he is being "Boeheimed"

If he plays poorly the coaching staff is incompetent.

Players get better by actually, oh I don't know...playing?
The kid barely sniffs the court in any meanngful fashion, and then gets thrown into a heated game ONLY because of foul trouble to every other option.
I submit even limited minutes beforehand would've served him well in a game like last night's. I honestly cannot blame him for the deer-in-the-headlights outcome. And again, the question needs to be asked; "If he sucks this much, why wasn't he just red-shirted? Why is he taking up space on the bench if he's (a) not gonna play, and (b), is simply not being prepared for scenarios like the Clemson game?

Bean poles are what we get when we should be getting bigs built like Mike Sweeney to get over the hump in this conference and make a real run. We have have everything else. Pitts young boys in the paint will a problem

He got forced into an impossible spot and played as expected. To be fair he did poke away the pass when Cuse was still winning and gave them possession up 70-69.

He's a freshman who never plays and then goes into a one-possession game on the road for the final 5. Very few players will do well.

Bean poles are what we get when we should be getting bigs built like Mike Sweeney to get over the hump in this conference and make a real run. We have have everything else. Pitts young boys in the paint will a problem
1580348376504.png

if Gueirier catches the simple dump down pass we probably win the game.. he didnt play all that bad. not like our other bigs didnt allow one guy to score all their pts to get them back in the game..

I’d give anything for a Conrad McRae, Daryl Watkins type Center. Someone who can swat, defend, rebound decently, and catch and dunk it around the basket. Any potential transfers out there like that?

The grad transfer we offered I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom