After watching highlights of Beejay Anya, he would sure | Syracusefan.com

After watching highlights of Beejay Anya, he would sure

I like him, just not sure how him and Coleman would be able to be on the floor together.if somehow one of them could play a wing of the zone then I think those two would be quite the duo to keep out of the paint and off the glass.

FTR I hate the whole "pull your legs up every time you dunk"

I like him, just not sure how him and Coleman would be able to be on the floor together.if somehow one of them could play a wing of the zone then I think those two would be quite the duo to keep out of the paint and off the glass.
IMO he's a smaller, less athletic version of Coleman

I wasn't sure about him. Seems to be in the mold of Rick Jackson, but with more aggression. If Rick could play the 4, why not Anya?

I do like that he is in full compliance of the 'no layups' rule. As an offensive player and defender.

I wasn't sure about him. Seems to be in the mold of Rick Jackson, but with more aggression. If Rick could play the 4, why not Anya?

I do like that he is in full compliance of the 'no layups' rule. As an offensive player and defender.

he couldn't.

How tall is BJ? 6'8" is what I'm hearing. If true he's a 4, not really a 5 at D1 and I remember that one video where BJ and JG were standing together and JG looked like he was taller then BJ. He does have long arms though and can obviously block a few shots.

Only saw him take one (1) shot in that video from more than 5 feet away from the rim, sure he can dunk but that is not impressing me really. He needs to develop an 8-12' jumper pronto. Why is it American kids only seem to be able to dunk? If I was a HS coach, I'd forbid dunking by anyone over 6'5" (one game suspension per dunk if witnessed even in practice).

How tall is BJ? 6'8" is what I'm hearing. If true he's a 4, not really a 5 at D1 and I remember that one video where BJ and JG were standing together and JG looked like he was taller then BJ. He does have long arms though and can obviously block a few shots.
He's probably 6'6.5... but has a ridiculous 7'8 wingspan... Yes I typed 7'8

He reminds me of DeJuan Blair... Blair is 6'6.5 but has a 7'3 wingspan which allows him to play like he's 6'10.

I know this is a highlight cut up, but he showed more polished skills than I saw from Keita, Christmas, and Melo when they were in high school. I agree with one of the other posts about him finishing with dunks. I haven't seen a player try to finish everything with a dunk like this since Hakim.

Semi-related note does anyone else remember how Hak tried a one handed dunk anytime he was in the paint his freshman year? He was rarely successful that year, but certainly had a ton of them his last three years.

I wish he was more aggessive, watched him play a lot because of Grant. He seems to get disinterested at times. Saw him this year on national TV and he was going through the motions. When he shows up to play he is awesome but...sometimes he doesn't. If a high school kid can't get fired up to play on espn then I'm not sold on him. I'm not saying he has to act like Shabazz but a little hustle never hurts.

If anything, it looks like his competition isn't good enough. The shots he's blocking are from kids that look 5'7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom