• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support Syracusefan.com.

After Years of Supporting a Bad Product...

Ish88888

All American
The university's package "deal" for the CWB is an absolute slap in the face. We have all been aboard for the ride and have invested 10s of thousands of $$$. Sure, I get the cost and demand of flying and staying in Florida around the holidays. However, This package the university is offering for just over 48 hrs in Orlando. 2 nights, departing after the game late on friday night is a slap in the face.

Being advertised as getting alot for the $$$, this deal gives the cuse fan a ride roundtrip hotel to stadium, a $20 uber value, as well as a ticket to the open air club in the stadium...yawn, yes one of those open air club access tix on the 2nd level. No food or drink included. Also included is ACCESS to the pregame tailgate. All for $2,100 per person or a 2 person deal for $4,200. Imagine that.

Sorry SU. extremely weak. Extremely weak after this awesome year and a fanbase yearning for a bowl game. Then, the audacity to post a cuse.com article about painting Orlando orange and proving people wrong about Cuse NOT traveling.

supp

All American
The university's package "deal" for the CWB is an absolute slap in the face. We have all been aboard for the ride and have invested 10s of thousands of $$$. Sure, I get the cost and demand of flying and staying in Florida around the holidays. However, This package the university is offering for just over 48 hrs in Orlando. 2 nights, departing after the game late on friday night is a slap in the face.

Being advertised as getting alot for the $$$, this deal gives the cuse fan a ride roundtrip hotel to stadium, a $20 uber value, as well as a ticket to the open air club in the stadium...yawn, yes one of those open air club access tix on the 2nd level. No food or drink included. Also included is ACCESS to the pregame tailgate. All for $2,100 per person or a 2 person deal for $4,200. Imagine that.

Sorry SU. extremely weak. Extremely weak after this awesome year and a fanbase yearning for a bowl game. Then, the audacity to post a cuse.com article about painting Orlando orange and proving people wrong about Cuse NOT traveling.
What would be a reasonable offer for you? Let's hear it.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Staff member
Drumlins Travel went out of business ages ago.

These packages are offered through a third party called Anthony Travel. The official travel partner of the NCAA.

Carry on...

dollarbill44

All American
It actually looks like a decent deal for everything that you get. You don't have to worry about anything but getting your own food when you're there as it includes charter airfare, hotel, ground transfers, game tix, tailgate, etc.

Ish88888

All American
It actually looks like a decent deal for everything that you get. You don't have to worry about anything but getting your own food when you're there as it includes charter airfare, hotel, ground transfers, game tix, tailgate, etc.
Thanks for the response, but i respectfully disagree. Over 2k for 2.5 days and a hectic air itinerary on gameday is weak. Really not offered much when you break it down as the tailgate and "club " is cash bar. Only paying fir ACCESS. The seats in that club are ok, similar to box access in the dome. The rides to and from the stadium are about a $20-30 value.

llandz

All Conference
And you can just get your tickets through the university allotment, and pay your own travel and hotel. If I were going that is what I would do. Of course I would have no other option from Phoenix. There are other seat options other than the open air boxes.

Ish88888

All American
The university package has always been about 40-50% higher than what you could probably find yourself.

But thats their target demo.
Good point and I understand that. But why double the actual price for fans taking the leap and wanting to get down there and suppprt the program ? It's the only package set up. Sure, its convenient having the few days all set up.

I get there is a,target demographic, but why only target the affluent demo of cuse fans?

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member

Adding up everything individually is about $1500. So it’s not a huge mark up by the travel agent. They have to make some money. You can do it for $1970 if you go with a couple friends and do a quad. Plus access to the tailgate means you get in free and once in, all the food and drink is free. It’s also convenient as hell with all the transportation which you can’t price convenience. And being in the team hotel will be cool. I think it’s a good deal.,

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
Wvu doesn’t have an air package. Just a $520 hotel package with pregame party and game transportation. So it doesn’t include getting there or a game tix.

And fwiw, their tix prices are exactly the same as ours. So I assume the bowl sets those prices. They didn’t put any open air club seats for sale so I assume they handled those separately for big donors.

orangenauburn

Hall of Fame
Look around

Most schools only offer tickets.

You can do same through SU or purchase package, which is something a majority of programs do not offer

texascpa

Living Legend
2 flying in from Houston, arriving late morning Friday, departing early morning Saturday:

Flight - $1600
Car Rental (I don't Uber) - $117
Hotel - $230
Game Tickets - $262
Total - $2,209

I could have gone cheaper, particularly with the flight, but I'm okay with this as I don't travel often and I haven't seen SU in a bowl since the Texas Bowl which I only had to pay for game tickets.

mscanlo

Scout Team
Adding up everything individually is about $1500. So it’s not a huge mark up by the travel agent. They have to make some money. You can do it for $1970 if you go with a couple friends and do a quad. Plus access to the tailgate means you get in free and once in, all the food and drink is free. It’s also convenient as hell with all the transportation which you can’t price convenience. And being in the team hotel will be cool. I think it’s a good deal.,
Assuming the travel agent is booking the same package you found, that’s a pretty big markup

CuseOnly

All American
When I was considering going to the game, below were the costs for everything broken down. I couldn't get time off that late in the month, the company has blackout days for vacation time, it blows.

$465 Flight per person from SYR
$160 Open air club seats
$75 SU Tailgate
$145 Rental car for 2 days
$160 Hotel Per night
$1005 Total

Flying out of Buffalo would save about $90 per person and adding more people wouldn't mean necessarily adding another hotel room or rental car.

The charter flight alone is worth the price. No arriving 2 hours before departure, no TSA lines, no overbooking, no delayed flight because the crew isn’t at the gate yet, etc. All those things are exponentially more common around the holidays.

Can you book a flight for $400? Probably. And that will include all the above, PLUS baggage fees and up charges for more legroom.

Also, I can’t believe I replied to this thread.

Top Bottom