Aftermath Thoughts and the "Fab" Factor | Syracusefan.com

Aftermath Thoughts and the "Fab" Factor

newmexicuse

All Conference
1. Those that say we will be fine by not getting NN are missing the point. Yeah, we will be fine in terms of being a Top Tenish team, winning our 25+ games , & getting to go dancing. However, if NN could do half for us of what Davis did for KY then his presence would have greatly improved our FF & NC chances. With him, somebody would have to upset us to keep us from the FF, wo him we will have to do some of the upsetting.

2. I am tired of the Kentucky payola stuff. I am not naive - maybe they do payola & maybe they don't. However, they are pretty clearly a desireable destination for players with the NBA on their mind even wo payola. Why is it so inconceiveable that NN & his family simply thought they were the best destination for him ? We are the ones perceived as a dirty, shady program much more so then them at this point in time. We need to clean up our own house before we worry about what the other guy is doing. I want to see us get through even a single season with zero controversy before I even begin to worry about what goes on elsewhere.

3. Now, if there was payola, that might have been a game changer, but that aside, IMHO, NN was ours to lose. I think we lost him because of all the bad publicity surrounding our program during the past season. I simply think Mama didn't want to entrust her kid to JB.

4. The Fab Melo factor - I have to wonder if Fab's being declared ineligible was a factor. NN & his family may have had second thoughts about a program that couldn't find a way to keep a key player eligible. Now, I am not saying that we did less than the right thing & that the burden wasn't on Fab, but still...this is the type of thing that almost never happens mid-season, especially to a squad poised for a FF run. A family in their situation's first priority will be to have their kid play - academics be damned. At Kentucky all of the basket weaving majors manage to stay eligible.

According to my buddy this is his take he could be wrong but I thought it was interesting
Noel –it was his AAU coach that wanted him to go to Syracuse just like he did with Carter-Williams. Noel apparently was goning to go to UK or G’Town the whole time and always had UK on top. Sounds like G’Twon and Cuse were basically a pipedream , the mother wanted G'Town an AAU coach wanted SU and He wanted something different.

According to my buddy this is his take he could be wrong but I thought it was interesting
Noel –it was his AAU coach that wanted him to go to Syracuse just like he did with Carter-Williams. Noel apparently was goning to go to UK or G’Town the whole time and always had UK on top. Sounds like G’Twon and Cuse were basically a pipedream , the mother wanted G'Town an AAU coach wanted SU and He wanted something different.
definitely plausible

I just love how everyone has a buddy, cousin, brother-in-law, pool guy, pizza boy, private eye, doctor, lawyer, or former colleague that has some inside info on what these players are thinking. It's like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon but with insider recruiting info.

And then you have the people who over-analyze a bunch of teenager's twitter messages and run them through their twitter decoder rings and then act like they know what's going to happen like a bad Nicholas Cage movie.

I need to step away from this board, the smell of BS is overpowering.

No knock on you Nova as I value your input, but I would only add that from hearing Noel himself speak of his affection for Hop and JB, I think the prospect at playing at Cuse was real and not just a product of his AAU coach wanting it. Perhaps, when it got down to the nuts and bolts of how he was being recruited that changed, but I honestly feel we had a shot at him, and that at one point, SU was his favorite!

1. Those that say we will be fine by not getting NN are missing the point. Yeah, we will be fine in terms of being a Top Tenish team, winning our 25+ games , & getting to go dancing. However, if NN could do half for us of what Davis did for KY then his presence would have greatly improved our FF & NC chances. With him, somebody would have to upset us to keep us from the FF, wo him we will have to do some of the upsetting.

I'm not sure that anyone is missing the point. I'd be quite surprised to find a single Orange fan that believes we are better off for NOT landing NN. But as you've said, we still have a very good team with lots of potential and realistic yet lofty goals. The REAL point is; there’s no sense in crying about who's not on the team. So yeah, I agree that our guys will have to be a little hungrier and work a little harder but I'm completely of that mindset that "we will be fine".

No knock on you Nova as I value your input, but I would only add that from hearing Noel himself speak of his affection for Hop and JB, I think the prospect at playing at Cuse was real and not just a product of his AAU coach wanting it. Perhaps, when it got down to the nuts and bolts of how he was being recruited that changed, but I honestly feel we had a shot at him, and that at one point, SU was his favorite!
Oh no knock at all that's why I said take my buddies take on it how you want. I have no idea if he is correct or not I would hope he is correct on this in a weird way because if that is the case then that means we are locked in on BABC players which would be huge. All in all I have no idea if he is correct and you have every reason to feel the way you do my friend.

Oh no knock at all that's why I said take my buddies take on it how you want. I have no idea if he is correct or not I would hope he is correct on this in a weird way because if that is the case then that means we are locked in on BABC players which would be huge. All in all I have no idea if he is correct and you have every reason to feel the way you do my friend.

Exactly, having babc on your side is huge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom