AG's Attitude | Syracusefan.com

AG's Attitude

BBQuse

Walk On
I, for one, hope AG stays. I'm not going to argue over his play or whether JB could have cut him more slack at the end of the year. What seemed evident to me though, was that (1) he was a good teammate and was always happy for the other players when they succeeded, even as he was buried on the bench, and (2) he seemed to take JB's yelling in stride and with respectfulness. I wouldn't blame him one bit for leaving, but I would be more than thrilled to see him come back. He clearly has talent and, with a little work on keeping his focus, he can be an even bigger asset going forward. But even if his game doesn't progress, I'd still be happy for him to be on the sideline.

Agreed. He has his issues (especially on defense) but there is a lot of talent and he seems to be willing to work and listen. I would also love to see him back. I would also love to see him play the top of the zone more often. I think he'd be a much better defender up top.

Agreed. I always thought he was attentive to JB when he was getting lectured. This year didn’t work out the way he wanted. But there’s no reason to assume next year won’t be better if he commits himself to doing what the coaches want from him.

Agreed. I always thought he was attentive to JB when he was getting lectured. This year didn’t work out the way he wanted. But there’s no reason to assume next year won’t be better if he commits himself to doing what the coaches want from him.
I think you could see it in his play down the stretch too. He was just looking over at the sidelines waiting to get yanked. I do think staying at Cuse is probably his best option. He isn't going to get any looks at the pro level yet and sitting out a season by transferring certainly doesn't help him.

Agreed. He has his issues (especially on defense) but there is a lot of talent and he seems to be willing to work and listen. I would also love to see him back. I would also love to see him play the top of the zone more often. I think he'd be a much better defender up top.
An offseason and a year under his belt will definitely help him be much better in the zone on where to be, when too trap and his reactions will be much better which will give him much more confidence which of course will help him offensively being consistent! Hope he stays. There's no doubt the kid has alot of talent

Wouldn’t mind him back at all, but his shot selection needs a ton of work. On multiple occasions he took shots that he had no business taking.
It's the principal reason he was yanked several times

Trust me, i’ve been on Joe Girard for the same reason harder than anybody, but this is an AG thread...
Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude about it. Didn't want it to devolve into a JGIII thread haha

An offseason and a year under his belt will definitely help him be much better in the zone on where to be, when too trap and his reactions will be much better which will give him much more confidence which of course will help him offensively being consistent! Hope he stays. There's no doubt the kid has alot of talent
If he comes back, I really do believe a summer of work with the staff, plus real preseason training with JB, he'll do much better in the zone. He was insane out there sometimes. I don't recall any other player in our history forcing one of the guards to switch to a forward spot because he was so far out of position like AG did. He flies all over the court, many times too far out of his actual position. I remember one game seeing him sprint from under the basket to try and steal a pass to the top of the key, but 10 feet back from there.

Defense would definitely come along with one more season. He and Q both need to stay one year. If they do the sky is limit for this team.
Cole Swider would be very upset with that scenario.

Wouldn’t mind him back at all, but his shot selection needs a ton of work. On multiple occasions he took shots that he had no business taking.
Agreed and doesn't seem to "think" the game as naturally as say Marek does. He gets in trouble when he has to handle the ball and make decisions...especially on the break.

Defense would definitely come along with one more season. He and Q both need to stay one year. If they do the sky is limit for this team.
I hear you Mark and those are reasonable points. To me, AG's issues had more to do with lapses in concentration and a tendency to free lance rather than familiarity with the zone rotations. Some pretty connected insiders have reported that there were also issues in practices. I'll leave it at that.

Having Q and AG back would be a blessing and curse, IMO. I don't think Benny will come off the floor much. So Q, AG, Swider, and Jimmy will be fighting for time. On the other hand, as a former coach I believe that you can never have too much talent.

Cole Swider would be very upset with that scenario.
possibly its a moment of just what some kids say...but he for sure said he knows nothing will be given to him and is ready to play whatever role there is for him on this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom