AJ Burnett | Syracusefan.com

AJ Burnett

Saw real growth last night. Yankees made it 3-2 to give him back the lead and he immediately walks the lead-off batter and allows him to get to second but works his way out of it without giving up the lead. What do you do with him for the play-offs? Keep him in the rotation, send him to the bull pen, or keep him off the roster?

Saw real growth last night. Yankees made it 3-2 to give him back the lead and he immediately walks the lead-off batter and allows him to get to second but works his way out of it without giving up the lead. What do you do with him for the play-offs? Keep him in the rotation, send him to the bull pen, or keep him off the roster?

despite being wild early on this was a good outing for him. i hope he can find in within himself to pitch well and be on our postseason roster. i think his issues are all mental and i dont think he could handle not being on the postseason roster on top of that.

I say off the roster but girardi makes poor decisions so who knows

despite being wild early on this was a good outing for him. i hope he can find in within himself to pitch well and be on our postseason roster. i think his issues are all mental and i dont think he could handle not being on the postseason roster on top of that.

the key to your assessment is the "for him" part. The guy can't get past six innings, when he is given a lead he immediately gives it back and when he does actually throw six innings and have a lead we fawn on him because he's conditioned us to expect him to blow up. He blows and if their rotation wasn't so damn sorry there is no way he would be on the playoff roster, unfortunately their rotation is that sorry that he may not only make the post season roster, but have to be one of the top 3.

I really am not a big fan of this roster. In addition to the starting pitching problems I am really getting tired of watching Teixeira hit .248. It would be nice if he could raise that average to something that might be considered respectable for a guy being paid $23 million per to hit.

Notwithstanding that they have the second best record in baseball, I really don't see how they are going to make any noise in the playoffs constructed the way they are. But then again I didn't foresee the Red Sox keeling over dead either.

Well ill take his pitching performance yesterday than what hes shown all year, he hasnt lived up to expectations and i expect him to pitch bad every outing like if soriano was pitching.

Marks power numbers are very good and rbi's are good so ill let him pass on his avg.

Well ill take his pitching performance yesterday than what hes shown all year, he hasnt lived up to expectations and i expect him to pitch bad every outing like if soriano was pitching.

Marks power numbers are very good and rbi's are good so ill let him pass on his avg.

In Mark's defense, his average goes up to .254 with runners in scoring position, but only .236 with runners in scoring position and two outs.
He does hit a robust .285 with only first base occupied.

I know he contributes in the field, but his production is just too Dave Kingman for me - especially for a guy that spends much of his time in the three hole.

Wish he would get the average up to at least .275, below .250 just seems embarassing for a 20+ million guy. I'd give him a pass if it didn't seem like a trend given that he finished last year at only .256.

What happened to the guy who is a .282 lifetime hitter, even with the last two batting average clunkers thrown in? That's with ARod hitting behind him offering protection.

I'm just whining, hey its not my $23 million.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom