Akeel Lynch back in play for the Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Akeel Lynch back in play for the Cuse

would be a quality pick up... well their coach is heading out the door as well

Lynch, Perkins, and Thompson would be nice pickups.

Ditto Wayne Morgan!

Lynch, Perkins, and Thompson would be nice pickups.

Ditto Wayne Morgan!
that would be one helluva of a roundup to the existing class. gotta keep winning this year though to give us our best chances.

that would be one helluva of a roundup to the existing class. gotta keep winning this year though to give us our best chances.

I wonder if SU offers 1 or 2 greyshirts to the lowest rated kids? It sucks for them but it is a nice problem to have.

I wonder if SU offers 1 or 2 greyshirts to the lowest rated kids? It sucks for them but it is a nice problem to have.
I'd kinda like to see if Dalton Crossan gets that greyshirt treatment. It says he has an offer, but I bet it is a conditional one that has since been revoked. He's been putting up great numbers, and I bet would help the team somewhere down the line, either on specials or as a reserve.

do you know that he is a lock for ND? I heard that he might still visit us in Dec

I wonder if we pick up Thompson, Morgan and Lynch where that would land us in the ACC rankings? Middle of the road probably..

apparently BC hasn't wowed him this year.
Source? There have been posts on here last few days about how he was reopening his recruiting. Do you have extra/new inside info that we specifically are in play for him?

Source? There have been posts on here last few days about how he was reopening his recruiting. Do you have extra/new inside info that we specifically are in play for him?
Well I mean, doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see BC is 1-6 this year and probably will go a whole year without beating a 1-A team...

Well I mean, doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see BC is 1-6 this year and probably will go a whole year without beating a 1-A team...
I know, I was asking if DCuse had info that we are a team he is thinking seriously about, as opposed to the general "he is opening his recruitment again." DCuse has had good sources in the past, so I was hoping to hear that Lynch has told people he is really interested in us.

I know, I was asking if DCuse had info that we are a team he is thinking seriously about, as opposed to the general "he is opening his recruitment again." DCuse has had good sources in the past, so I was hoping to hear that Lynch has told people he is really interested in us.

This one was from Ryan Murray on the Axe show.

Good time to be on the rise in the northeast. It's ripe for the plucking.
Yup. BC and UConn are both awful this year, which puts us in prime position to get recruits from New England and New York. Would have loved a win over Rutgers to nail down the NYC and possibly a little more of the Jersey areas as well, but c'est la vie.

I think the rest of recruiting plays out like this (based upon what I've read from a number of places):

Players SU will land
Wayne Morgan - supposedly priority #1 for Marrone and should be, city kid, top 5 preseason in the state, national recruit
Ron Thompson - The staff definitely wants another tight end and we've been flirting with him for 6 months now
Kenneth Goins (or Akeel Lynch - PSU will be tough to beat) - I think we take one more RB and I think Goins is the most likely person for that spot (the last time we took a RB out of MD with similar offers he was named Antwon Bailey and that turned out OK)
One lesser recruited player noone has heard - Kyle Foster/Charlie Copa redux -maybe that's Kuivenen or one of the DE/DL recruits from Ohio that keep appearing on the radar
A decommit from another program - I just have a gut feeling we land one more big prospect and it's someone who waivers from another school

Some may already be in the fold, who the heck knows.

Anyone aware of RB Wes Brown's interest level in SU? Love this kids highlight reel, and he camped here.

Anyone aware of RB Wes Brown's interest level in SU? Love this kids highlight reel, and he camped here.
He looks fantastic but supposedly is a heavy lean to Miami.

Thanks,
Well, I guess we can always hope he watched the WVU game and it rekindled some interest... Of course a phone call from DM wouldn't hurt either :)

My theory on Lynch to PSU is solely based on Wes Brown. PSU really wants Brown, but if they can't get him, I think they turn to Lynch. If Brown does go Nittany, I would have no clue as to where Lynch ends up.

Well... either way I hope this means that we can breathe a little easier in regards to McFarlane... BUT I WANT TO BE GREEDY... so here's to hoping Brown is off to PSU and we can get two explosive 6+ foot RBs in the same class... woooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Lynch also plays safety - someday we will need to replace the thomas brothers...

I think the rest of recruiting plays out like this (based upon what I've read from a number of places):

Players SU will land
Wayne Morgan - supposedly priority #1 for Marrone and should be, city kid, top 5 preseason in the state, national recruit
Ron Thompson - The staff definitely wants another tight end and we've been flirting with him for 6 months now
Kenneth Goins (or Akeel Lynch - PSU will be tough to beat) - I think we take one more RB and I think Goins is the most likely person for that spot (the last time we took a RB out of MD with similar offers he was named Antwon Bailey and that turned out OK)
One lesser recruited player noone has heard - Kyle Foster/Charlie Copa redux -maybe that's Kuivenen or one of the DE/DL recruits from Ohio that keep appearing on the radar
A decommit from another program - I just have a gut feeling we land one more big prospect and it's someone who waivers from another school

Some may already be in the fold, who the heck knows.
Joe Scelfo and Ron Thompson are the most likliest commits IMO...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom