Alabama v. Georgia | Syracusefan.com

Alabama v. Georgia

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
12 minutes left in the 2nd Q and someone finally scores.

I'm sure it's because the defenses are so good.

No wonder the SEC has such big fan support, you don't need to pay attention to most of the game because there's nothing happening. You can go alligator hunting, grill a squirrel, get tea bagged at a local restaurant, and you still won't miss anything. Tune in at the end and you'll know everything that happened.

And yet somehow they get to the title game and manhandle whomever they face outside of conference ... Oregon, OSU, etc. ... some of the collisions are like glorified car wrecks ... there is some serious hitting going on.

AFLAC trivia question answer... Cam Newton, Mark Ingram, Danny Wuerffel

I thought maybe Herschel Walker might be in there.

How can there be NO FLAG on that hit on Murray? The referee was right there! If that was the NFL, that guy would be fined heavily and possibly suspended.

Unbelievable late hit on GA QB after he threw the ball - right in front of the ref and NO CALL!!! JUST WOW!

It kills me how syracuse fans watch the top SEC teams play each other and think nothing is happening. It is the immovable object means the irresistable force. If you think there is one SU player who could start for either team you are delusional. All of the OL and DL's are 300lbs and can run with the RB's. All of the players on the field are legitimate NFL prospects. You can't watch Bamas, GA, LSU, Fla, and SC, the cream of the SEC and compare it to most of the college football you see around here. These teams will never score a lot on each other, but will score on the rest of the country, all about lineman and defense
Lighten up, Francis. No one said any SU player could start for GA or AL.

12 minutes left in the 2nd Q and someone finally scores.

I'm sure it's because the defenses are so good.

No wonder the SEC has such big fan support, you don't need to pay attention to most of the game because there's nothing happening. You can go alligator hunting, grill a squirrel, get tea bagged at a local restaurant, and you still won't miss anything. Tune in at the end and you'll know everything that happened.
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. If it is, well, :bat:

that line was funny the first time you posted it, but I think you are missing the point.
The first time I posted it? Really? I think every poster in the history of the internet has posted that at least once. And I think you're the one that is missing the point. The OP was (IMO) just commenting on the fact that many important SEC games (AL/LSU, AL/GA, etc.) are so low-scoring. And that the fans can go out and do stereotypical Southern things. Sorry if I found it amusing. The OP never said anything about not being legitimate NFL prospects. The OP never said anything about SU. Anything. That was your contribution the the thread. Thanks for playing.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. If it is, well, :bat:

Partially tongue in cheek. I realize the defenses are really good but it can make the games very boring. This one isn't too bad but I've seen some very boring "big" SEC games. Usually they involve LSU though. The athletes on these teams are incredible though.

Just having some fun.

Who's Richard Levy?

I see all of these replies to his comments, he must be the only person I have blocked on this site, lol. I didn't even realize I had ever blocked anyone.

If anyone thought that game was dull they should be hit with a tack hammer right in the forehead.

Same here.. Who is Richard levy?

Wow - what a great game and you almost hate to see someone lose too.

Tough loss. Wish Georgia clocked it. Hindsight is also 20/20.

Can I get a little help on one of the penalties in the game? The Alabama defensive coordinator was called for delay of the game on a Georgia offensive play on the Bama sideline. I didn't see what he did to draw the foul and there wasn't a replay. Does anyone know what that was about?