Alaska

CuseFaninVT

Living Legend
Man, you know I don't exercise lol. I'm lucky I had sneakers. Since then, I've spent a few dollars at the local REI, still checking out different hiking shoes, boots tho
I've switched to wearing trail running shoes when I hike. Lighter than boots, and I just do day hike stuff, so no need for the heavy stuff.

DMDMD

unencumbered by the thought process
Man, you know I don't exercise lol. I'm lucky I had sneakers. Since then, I've spent a few dollars at the local REI, still checking out different hiking shoes, boots tho
I've been wearing Merrells for a long time. Tried to go away from them, but they're so comfy out of the box (and relatively cheap) and the gortex are reasonably waterproof. I need the thick sole going over all the granite in the North East.

ssbriefcase

All American
Nice pics Adam!
I own a lot of hiking/fishing gear, my Saloman hiking boots are just about my favorite out of everything. Soo comfortable and stable, protection and of course waterproof. I did accidentally slip in a lake last weekend and had them soaked through and through. Had a spare pair of dry wool socks, hiked back out 6 miles no problem.

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
K-2 Aviation lost an entire plane this summer on Denali and ground is too steep and high to recover the bodies.
K2.PNG

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
For hiking in the Brooks Range the footwear of choice is semi-custom LLBean boots; leather uppers, rubber lowers and a Vibram sole. Also carry slip on sneakers for stream crossings. If you contact them they will replace the standard gum sole with a Vibram sole.

Last edited:
Top Bottom