Albany Game Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Albany Game Thread...

Great win. When the offense struggled and had three crease violations (legit, not blaming the refs) and they grit out a win, this team can go places.
I thought two of them were questionable, Soloman's at the end of the third was bad IMO. I take issue with the crease call simply because if the goalie is not hindered or in risk of being injured, I don't see the point in the call. On Dearth's I thought he shot the ball and was in the back of the net before landing, I just don't get the rule.

serge was pumping his fist after scoring and struck a dane in the helmet. right call but not malicious at all.

Yup - Salcido's goal to tie it at 8
On the live angle, I thought it looked like Salcido hit the Albany guy in the chest on the fist pump. It was less clear on the replay from behind the cage.

I thought two of them were questionable, Soloman's at the end of the third was bad IMO. I take issue with the crease call simply because if the goalie is not hindered or in risk of being injured, I don't see the point in the call. On Dearth's I thought he shot the ball and was in the back of the net before landing, I just don't get the rule.

I agree with your sentiment. However, if I recall, the rule is written in such a way that, as you said the goalie is not hindered or at risk of being injured is immaterial. The one thing I have not reviewed, and I am no expert so anyone with a good understanding please chime in, is whether the score occurs before the crease violation does the score count. If so, would this have helped us?

I really don't like the rule anyway because defenders are able to use the crease. The rule should be applied to everyone except the goalie if it is an hard and fast rule.

I agree with your sentiment. However, if I recall, the rule is written in such a way that, as you said the goalie is not hindered or at risk of being injured is immaterial. The one thing I have not reviewed, and I am no expert so anyone with a good understanding please chime in, is whether the score occurs before the crease violation does the score count. If so, would this have helped us?

I really don't like the rule anyway because defenders are able to use the crease. The rule should be applied to everyone except the goalie if it is an hard and fast rule.

The rule is if you jump as your shooting or before you shoot and you land in the crease its a crease violation, period. The only exception is if said offensive player is pushed into the crease by the defender before or after the shot. The rule used to be different but was changed shortly after the Gait's I believe.

2 of the crease violations looked pretty legit, I didn't get a good look at the last one so I can't comment but the first two were pretty blatant.

2 of the crease violations looked pretty legit, I didn't get a good look at the last one so I can't comment but the first two were pretty blatant.
As frustrating as they were, I thought all 3 were legit. :noidea:

The rule is if you jump as your shooting or before you shoot and you land in the crease its a crease violation, period. The only exception is if said offensive player is pushed into the crease by the defender before or after the shot. The rule used to be different but was changed shortly after the Gait's I believe.
Okay, thanks Jeremy. I really think the rule should be changed, and I believe Soloman's first violation, and the team's second you could've made the case that he was pushed in the crease, either way I think the rule should change simply because Albany's goalie wasn't going to make the save if he was or wasn't in the crease, its not like he fell into the goal or the goalie, either way it is frustrating.

Much more recent than those.

Thanks for clarification. Wish we were both wrong.

I thought the foul on Salcido was merited, but unfortunate. He struck an opposing player, albeit without intent. I think you have to call it all the same.

All three crease violations were legit calls.

We still won. Success is the best revenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom