Albany Game Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Albany Game Thread...

If you don't think " {insert name of player here} is killing us!" is not great insight, I don't know what to tell you.

Edit: Sorry, JeremyCuse , just busting on you for no real reason. Apologies. :)

Hey everyone needs a tag line.;)

I think it's fair to say that Jeremy gets pretty emotional in the game threads and some of the posts are not his best insights. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring them. But once the games over and emotions have settled, he's one of my favorite posters, particularly with lacrosse which I am far from an expert in.

Well put, sir.

It was a good win as UA still has talent. Their heralded duo and their offense scored plenty vs Colgate D in scrimmage but Cuse staff devised a blueprint that others can follow if personnel allows.

Nanikoke held the ball way too long allowing help to come without making doubles pay a heavy price. Thought I was watching Carmelo at his NYK worst. That gotta change. Patterson was floated between attack and mid and was shut out , he wasn't shaking Mellen or Kennedy .

Their fogo replacing Ierlan held his own. Their offense has talent but sorely misses Fields who was their talented orchestrator.

Had to post after watching part of the game (and all of the goals scored).

Voight's shot placement on his goals was fantastic - he used his inherent advantage of a lefty shooting on a righty masterfully. I think his first 3 goals were off stick side (one hip high and one lower corner). He changed planes, bounced one or two in and had the goalie guessing incorrectly all game.

I hope he continues to build off his performance as I'm sure he'll get plenty of attention from future opponents. This should open things up for others and be a great opportunity for someone else to step up.

I think Albany's style of play was great for our offense to work out the kinks. I have to imagine playing a team that prefers to run n gun takes a small bit of pressure off of our offensive guys. They played loose and kept gunning knowing they'll probably get more opportunities with the ball than they would against a slow-it-down opponent.

Defensive strategy and execution on Nanticoke was great. I think it forced more organization from secondary defenders who knew the plan would be to double him.

Here's hoping they continue to play loose against Army!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom