Albany Game Thread... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Albany Game Thread...

This goes for certain posters, I don’t need to call out. The amount of negativity about these kids that put everything into the game and the team. They read these threads, how about you show them some respect.

Critiquing is ok, but how about talking about the positive plays instead about focusing only on the negative.

This goes for certain posters, I don’t need to call out. The amount of negativity about these kids that put everything into the game and the team. They read these threads, how about you show them some respect.

Critiquing is ok, but how about talking about the positive plays instead about focusing only on the negative.
I hope to God they aren't reading these threads. Their head shouldn't be focused on reading fan forums.

"Fans" being "fans". Read the 1st page of game thread. After Albany score, Bomberry cant cover Nantikoke, D sucks, Porter cant make a stop. Blah, blah, blah. Looks stupid now right? Most "fans" should hold off commenting until after game because there will ebbs and flows, good plays n bad. Kids and team were great . All should be happy , good win after a week of so much bs.

"Fans" being "fans". Read the 1st page of game thread. After Albany score, Bomberry cant cover Nantikoke, D sucks, Porter cant make a stop. Blah, blah, blah. Looks stupid now right? Most "fans" should hold off commenting until after game because there will ebbs and flows, good plays n bad. Kids and team were great . All should be happy , good win after a week of so much bs.

It's a game thread it's the same for the bball and fball board. People commenting on what's happening at that time. It's clear your not a fan, why not avoid it?

some of you sit on here.. who don’t even go to the game.. and attack every one of these kids who just beat the number 13 team in the country. You know who you are. They are 18-22 year old kids playing a game while some of you sit on your couch and complain about every kid on every play. Think positive

There were plenty of positive posts yesterday and actually during the week. People are frustrated with the program but understand the players are certainly trying their hardest which was evident yesterday when we saw a night and day difference from last week.

It sounds like from your post your a parent of one of the players. We certainly welcome you hear but the best advice I can give you is to avoid this place because inevitably there will be negative comments and it hasnt ended well inthe past. That said welcome this is the best place to talk syracuse lax on the internet

It’s oretyy obvious some people are watching on tv as they are negative about every play during the game..either that or they bring a laptop into the game

It’s oretyy obvious some people are watching on tv as they are negative about every play during the game..either that or they bring a laptop into the game

Obviously people watch at home. My point was, this is the internet. Just because someone posts on here, that doesn’t mean they live close to Syracuse and can easily get to games. I certainly don’t and can’t.

So to make strawman attacks against posters who don’t all physically go to the games is weak and uninformed. If you don’t like what someone says or argues, attack the argument, not the poster. This implied “you’re not a real fan because you don’t go to the game” crap is utter nonsense.

You know they have these things called smartphones. Connect to the internet and everything.

Sometimes the WIFI even works.

You know they have these things called smartphones. Connect to the internet and everything.

Wifi has gotten a lot better the last few years.

Obviously people watch at home. My point was, this is the internet. Just because someone posts on here, that doesn’t mean they live close to Syracuse and can easily get to games. I certainly don’t and can’t.

So to make strawman attacks against posters who don’t all physically go to the games is weak and uninformed. If you don’t like what someone says or argues, attack the argument, not the poster. This implied “you’re not a real fan because you don’t go to the game” crap is utter nonsense.
After a good win, posters spend time arguing about the character or loyalty of other posters. You can't make this stuff up. BTW, Good goal Basil Aburn.

ftr, i go on my team's boards during games i can watch but can't attend. it's probably not a lot different there. when my squad's not killing it and i/we think they should be (for whatever reason... status in the sport, players' "potential", opponent's supposed shortcomings). looking on these boards during and after as a "relatively" unbiased observer, folks seem to be quite a bit more critical of the team's overall play than i am when watching. but maybe to be expected, and like i said, that's fairly universal to passionate fan bases in sports.
while not entirely unique, the calls for desko's head on these occasions (and multiple threads to that effect), probably put it in fairly limited company, at least for lacrosse.

'cuse played a very good game on saturday. defense in particular was lights out.

You’re missing the point. Think positive cuz don’t kid yourself if you think those kids don’t read this while you sit at home and criticize every one of them. Next time you guys have something bad to say, go down to the first row behind the bench after the game and tell them what you want to say.

You’re missing the point. Think positive cuz don’t kid yourself if you think those kids don’t read this while you sit at home and criticize every one of them. Next time you guys have something bad to say, go down to the first row behind the bench after the game and tell them what you want to say.

OK, they read these boards? Good.

Hey Jamie, change levels. Thanks, bud.

I think it's fair to say that Jeremy gets pretty emotional in the game threads and some of the posts are not his best insights. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring them. But once the games over and emotions have settled, he's one of my favorite posters, particularly with lacrosse which I am far from an expert in.

Went to game then rewatched on acc network. Ryan Powell offers great critique and insight during the game

I found this win to be particularly enjoyable because we beat a local team that was favored , one that had reveled in dominating us last year and supposedly woke up very dangerous.

I think it's fair to say that Jeremy gets pretty emotional in the game threads and some of the posts are not his best insights. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring them. But once the games over and emotions have settled, he's one of my favorite posters, particularly with lacrosse which I am far from an expert in.

Like any game threads some of the H0T Takes dont exactly age well, but I try and give my thoughts at the moment without going overboard. Lax game threads are not nearly as crowded as the ball fball threads so you can really review what everyone has to say and theres a lot o good insight. As for regular posts theres a lot of posters here with impressive knowledge. Creaserat, iverytower, fagan, phatorange and several others who I dont mean to leave out. This place is by fat the best site to discuss Syracuse lacrosse and I thoroughly enjoy every poster. Appreciate the kind words as well.

If you don't think " {insert name of player here} is killing us!" is not great insight, I don't know what to tell you.

Edit: Sorry, JeremyCuse , just busting on you for no real reason. Apologies. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom