The Mayor of Dewitt
Cuse.com

Orange Comes Back From 5 Down to Beat #12 Albany Late

Box Score

C4-2VxEW8AIZHob.jpg:large

Last edited:
Inside Lacrosse

Photos, Analysis: Mariano's Last-Second Goal Lifts Syracuse Over Albany, 10-9

SYRACUSE – Syracuse erased a 6-3 halftime deficit to defeat Albany 10-9 on Saturday. The game-winner came on a rocket from Nick Mariano just inside the left post with 1.6 seconds left.

Mariano’s goal was the only one from Syracuse’s starting attack all game.

“Honestly, I wasn’t listening in the huddle,” “Mariano said about the shot. “Until about the last five seconds when Coach Desko said I was going to come off a pick. I knew what we were doing already. We'd been practicing that all year. It’s more of a set play for us now. I just caught the ball and I shot it. I don’t even know how it went in. I just saw everyone drop and I just jumped up in the air.”...

Last edited:
UAlbany: #12/12 UAlbany Men’s Lacrosse Edged in Final Seconds at #6/6 Syracuse 10-9

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – In an absolute thriller in the Carrier Dome, the #12/12 UAlbany men’s lacrosse team fell in its season opener to #6/6 Syracuse 10-9 after the game-winner was scored with 1.9 seconds left to play.

UAlbany (0-1), up three at the half to Syracuse (2-0), was down 7-6 going into the final quarter. Goals bySean Eccles and Bennett Drake pushed UAlbany ahead, then Syracuse went back up. Eccles again tied it up with 3:43 left, but a Nick Mariano goal in the closing seconds gave Syracuse the win.

Last edited:
LaxMag: Tinney Time in Overtime, Mariano Magic in the Dome | US Lacrosse Magazine

In Saturday’s other marquee matchup of Top 15 teams, Nick Mariano scored with 1.6 seconds left to lift No. 7 Syracuse to a 10-9 win over No. 11 Albany at the Carrier Dome.

Mariano, who had a career-high seven points in the Orange’s season-opening win over Siena, finished a Nate Solomon feed after Syracuse called timeout with eight seconds remaining.

The Orange trailed by five early but used a six-goal run spanning the second and third quarters to take the lead.

After being blanked in the third quarter, Albany answered with two straight goals to start the fourth quarter to go up 8-7.

Sergio Salcido converted a pair of Brendan Bomberry feeds to put Syracuse back up 9-8.

Albany’s Sean Eccles (two goals, one assist) tied it at 9 with 3:43 remaining.

The Great Danes tried to have the last shot, but Syracuse defenseman Scott Firman intercepted a pass to set up the Orange’s game-winning possession.

Hey quick question what's happened to Tyler Ford #8 I couldn't see him on the bench on Sat?????

Hey quick question what's happened to Tyler Ford #8 I couldn't see him on the bench on Sat?????
Huh not sure, I know he played against Siena though.

Kudos to Molloy. He deserves the honor.

In both games, the defense had a 30 minutes span where the opposition didn't score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom