Alcohol sales at NCAA championships approved by Division I council | Syracusefan.com

Alcohol sales at NCAA championships approved by Division I council

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Alcohol being sold at NCAA championship events moved closer to reality after the Division I Council approved a change Wednesday.

The council action isn't considered final until the board meeting closes on April 25.

The NCAA had previously allowed alcohol sales in general seating at the College World Series and Women’s College World Series as part of a pilot program for the past two years.

The measure will allow alcohol to be sold at the Football Championship Subdivision’s championship game; at all three divisions for wrestling, men’s lacrosse championships and at men's ice hockey and women's volleyball championships.

Alcohol being sold at NCAA championship events moved closer to reality after the Division I Council approved a change Wednesday.

The council action isn't considered final until the board meeting closes on April 25.

The NCAA had previously allowed alcohol sales in general seating at the College World Series and Women’s College World Series as part of a pilot program for the past two years.

The measure will allow alcohol to be sold at the Football Championship Subdivision’s championship game; at all three divisions for wrestling, men’s lacrosse championships and at men's ice hockey and women's volleyball championships.

Yes!

Just so ludicrous not to allow sales of alcohol. What makes the 1-AA football playoffs different from the NCAA hoops tournament?

Just so ludicrous not to allow sales of alcohol. What makes the 1-AA football playoffs different from the NCAA hoops tournament?
Oh good! We can turn more college football games into Animal House. Another thing to pour on the guy in front of you. Idiotic.

The D-1AA playoffs are primarily held in stadiums on a college campuses, most of which don't sell alcohol, and the hoops tournament is primarily held in public arenas which do. Since I'll have to drive home from Philly or Baltimore (pretty much the only places I'll go for the MLax), it's unlikely I'll buy any of the outrageously priced beers.