Alex Trebek | Syracusefan.com

Alex Trebek

What a great message. I can’t remember Jeopardy without Alex. I have a lot of respect for him. Hope he beats the odds.
Dating myself, I remember Art Fleming. Back when there was someone behind the board pulling up the cardboard $25 (yes - $25) that covered the 'answer'.

But Alex did so much to promote not only the show itself, but his charitable work (education-related) is admirable.

Agreed, Tomcat - I hope he beats the odds. He's one of the good guys.

Dating myself, I remember Art Fleming. Back when there was someone behind the board pulling up the cardboard $25 (yes - $25) that covered the 'answer'.

But Alex did so much to promote not only the show itself, but his charitable work (education-related) is admirable.

Agreed, Tomcat - I hope he beats the odds. He's one of the good guys.

Beat me to it!

I've always been a Jeopardy geek, also going back to Art Fleming so I'm very sorry to hear this. Pancreatic cancer is a tough one to beat. We all know that cancer sucks and many times when a high profile person gets a disease a lot of good can come from it. I wish Alex a lot of luck in his tough battle.

But Trebek is facing his diagnosis head on, saying he is not afraid of death.
"The thought of the pancreatic cancer does not frighten me," he told LaFlamme. "I'm 79 years old. So, hey, I've lived a good life, a full life, and I'm nearing the end of that life. I know that."

:(

But Trebek is facing his diagnosis head on, saying he is not afraid of death.
"The thought of the pancreatic cancer does not frighten me," he told LaFlamme. "I'm 79 years old. So, hey, I've lived a good life, a full life, and I'm nearing the end of that life. I know that."

:(
It amazes me the strength some people have in the face of the inevitable. My mother was one, she had the same attitude. Bravest people I know. Me, I’m sure I would be a sniveling ball of goo in the same circumstance. I hope to walk out in front of a truck and call it a day, or life.

It amazes me the strength some people have in the face of the inevitable. My mother was one, she had the same attitude. Bravest people I know. Me, I’m sure I would be a sniveling ball of goo in the same circumstance. I hope to walk out in front of a truck and call it a day, or life.

We can learn a lot from Alex...
After years of practicing primary care medicine, one of the irrefutable facts I have learned is that people often surprise you in these circumstances. I, too, know what I think I would do in those circumstances, but...I really don't. The will to live, to push, or to gracefully accept one's fate is only revealed at the turn of that particular page in the book of our life.
I don't know you personally, but I do hope when you go, you go with grace and knowing that you have loved and been loved in return. What else can we ask from this journey called life?

My mother for whom I was a caregiver, announced one afternoon as I was leaving that she would be dying that night. Had never said anything like that before. She did.

My mother for whom I was a caregiver, announced one afternoon as I was leaving that she would be dying that night. Had never said anything like that before. She did.
Wow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom