All Acc 1st Team (v.2) | Syracusefan.com

All Acc 1st Team (v.2)

PoppyHart

All American
Looks like I really sold Paige short in my first go around. Also, just not buying the McDaniels love.

G Paige
G Harris
F Warren
F Parker
F Fair

As a UVa fan, I love Joe Harris for his leadership and the sacrifices he's made this year in his personal game (and future NBA prospects) to put the team's success first, but even I can't justify putting him on the 1st team. It should be reserved for guys who are not ONLY great players, but also filling the stat sheet. When you look at what McDaniels has done in carrying a pretty awful Clemson team - not just scoring, but really playing a GREAT all-around game - I think he absolutely belongs on the 1st team, and should probably get more POY consideration. If I had to rank guys in contention for 1st team, it'd probably go like this:

1. Parker - Duke
2. Warren - NCSU
3. McDaniels - Clem
4. Paige - UNC
5. Fair - Syr
6. Ennis - Syr
7. Hood - Duke
8. Brogdon - UVa

Agree with my fellow Wahoo...that's how I'd put 1-6 exactly, but swapping Brogdon & Hood at 7,8. To round out the 2nd team I'd include Patterson & probably Anderson from BC. The 10th spot is a tough call though.

Wahoo2000 said:
As a UVa fan, I love Joe Harris for his leadership and the sacrifices he's made this year in his personal game (and future NBA prospects) to put the team's success first, but even I can't justify putting him on the 1st team. It should be reserved for guys who are not ONLY great players, but also filling the stat sheet. When you look at what McDaniels has done in carrying a pretty awful Clemson team - not just scoring, but really playing a GREAT all-around game - I think he absolutely belongs on the 1st team, and should probably get more POY consideration. If I had to rank guys in contention for 1st team, it'd probably go like this: 1. Parker - Duke 2. Warren - NCSU 3. McDaniels - Clem 4. Paige - UNC 5. Fair - Syr 6. Ennis - Syr 7. Hood - Duke 8. Brogdon - UVa
My take... 1 Fair 2 Parker 3 Brogdon 4 McDaniel 5 Patterson 6 Ennis 7 Paige 8 Harris 9 Warren 10 Hanlan

As a UVa fan, I love Joe Harris for his leadership and the sacrifices he's made this year in his personal game (and future NBA prospects) to put the team's success first, but even I can't justify putting him on the 1st team. It should be reserved for guys who are not ONLY great players, but also filling the stat sheet. When you look at what McDaniels has done in carrying a pretty awful Clemson team - not just scoring, but really playing a GREAT all-around game - I think he absolutely belongs on the 1st team, and should probably get more POY consideration. If I had to rank guys in contention for 1st team, it'd probably go like this:

1. Parker - Duke
2. Warren - NCSU
3. McDaniels - Clem
4. Paige - UNC
5. Fair - Syr
6. Ennis - Syr
7. Hood - Duke
8. Brogdon - UVa

As JB might say, "I guess that's how you do things down there", but you are selling your guys short. No team that goes 16-2/17-1 is going to have a guy left off. Either Harris or Brogdon will be recognized. My bet is on the former as he's a known commodity while Brogdon is a revelation.

P.S. My team was based on positions (2 backcourt, 3 frontcourt). Perhaps the ACC doesn't recognize positions.

My take... 1 Fair 2 Parker 3 Brogdon 4 McDaniel 5 Patterson 6 Ennis 7 Paige 8 Harris 9 Warren 10 Hanlan
Unfortunately for now Fair has played himself out of that number one spot, however there are still more hoops to be had.

1st team
G-Paige
G-Ennis
F-Parker
F-Brogdon
F-Warren
2nd team
G-McDaniels
G- Harris
F-Patterson
F-Fair
F-McAdoo