All because we foul and don't get called for it. | Syracusefan.com

All because we foul and don't get called for it.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein2h
Jamie Dixon has a career 10-4 record against Jim Boeheim and has won six of his last eight games at Syracuse. Beyond impressive.
what is his record in the games that count most...the big east tournament? I believe jb is undeafted against dixon. But of course, who doesn't beat jaime when it counts. You will never win anything with dixon as a coach. He gets so tight.

Tournament-Champs.jpg

h/t another pitt thread where scooter was trollin'

can we please... for the love of God.. please... please please... STOP with the PITT (or aaron craft) are allowed to foul and they dont get called for anything bs... please.

I promise. I know for a fact, there is no conspiracy that allows Pitt to hack all regular season so they have a great record against cuse.

I literally know for a fact that there is no, i repeat no, conspiracy here.

can we please... for the love of God.. please... please please... STOP with the PITT (or aaron craft) are allowed to foul and they dont get called for anything bs... please.

I promise. I know for a fact, there is no conspiracy that allows Pitt to hack all regular season so they have a great record against cuse.

Not a conspiracy but it happens my man.

Who has said that Pitt and Craft are "allowed to foul and don't get called for anything" and that there is a pro-Pitt "conspiracy"?

Not a conspiracy but it happens my man.
Sure does bro. Clutch, Grab, hack, hand check arm bar. Theyve been doing it all year in spite of the new rules. Tulip Zana literally pulled a guy to the floor against Gtech last night with no call. These SOBs ruin hoops.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein2h
Jamie Dixon has a career 10-4 record against Jim Boeheim and has won six of his last eight games at Syracuse. Beyond impressive.

As an SU fan it pisses me off, but it doesn't bother me because I know there is no chance we'll ever see them in an NCAA tournament game. They don't stick around long enough to get to a round where teams from the same conference play each other.

It's not a conspiracy. Just a reputation. These asswipes are "good defenders". So they get the benefit of the calls. It's the way it goes. Referees are human.

What they frequently do is against the written rules. Period.

styles make fights

but they don't always make champions

I agree .. but a good number of the posts to the contrary are most enjoyable all the same.

Dixon is a terrific regular season coach.

Also kudos to him for winning a whopping 11 NCAA tournament games in 11 seasons and making it out of the first weekend a whole 3 times in 9 appearances. Very impressive stuff.

The 3 most common fouls not called are physicality on cutters, on rebounds and on picks. Pitts defense has always played to bump and grab cutters, lean out and sometimes move on screens and grab and push on the boards. As a team built on efficiency who crashes the glass with reckless abandon this has helped them. Often times this results getting the other team frustrated for a lack of calls or just gets them into trying to match physicality and then they get called for more fouls. The emphasis this year was supposed to be on exactly that. So far its mixed returns and lots of banging and hammering cutters is still going on. When tourney time comes they tighten things up which prevents using this strategy to the same advantages pitt sees in the regular season. With a team focused on efficiency this reduces that efficiency and you are left with a team with few playmakers who doesnt have the athleticism or dynamic guard play to advance in the tourney.

The 3 most common fouls not called are physicality on cutters, on rebounds and on picks. Pitts defense has always played to bump and grab cutters, lean out and sometimes move on screens and grab and push on the boards. As a team built on efficiency who crashes the glass with reckless abandon this has helped them. Often times this results getting the other team frustrated for a lack of calls or just gets them into trying to match physicality and then they get called for more fouls. The emphasis this year was supposed to be on exactly that. So far its mixed returns and lots of banging and hammering cutters is still going on. When tourney time comes they tighten things up which prevents using this strategy to the same advantages pitt sees in the regular season. With a team focused on efficiency this reduces that efficiency and you are left with a team with few playmakers who doesnt have the athleticism or dynamic guard play to advance in the tourney.
I think the illegal screen is not called often enough. Guys are consistently moving when screening in every game I watch, regardless of the team. More often than not the screener is moving. I was pretty sure they had to be set like when trying to take a charge. If you are there late or moving when contact happens its illegal. Am I wrong?

I think the illegal screen is not called often enough. Guys are consistently moving when screening in every game I watch, regardless of the team. More often than not the screener is moving. I was pretty sure they had to be set like when trying to take a charge. If you are there late or moving when contact happens its illegal. Am I wrong?

What ive noticed is guys pretending like they are going to roll to ilegally move while staying attached to the guy getting screened. They often move vs just pivoting and its rarely called.

What ive noticed is guys pretending like they are going to roll to ilegally move while staying attached to the guy getting screened. They often move vs just pivoting and its rarely called.
Exactly, I see Baye to that frequently as well. If they started calling that, players would be fouling out in the first half.

Here's some stats for you

Kent State
Marquette
Pacific
Bradley
Villanova
Xavier
Wichita State

Ok not stats in the traditional sense, but whatever.

Who has said that Pitt and Craft are "allowed to foul and don't get called for anything" and that there is a pro-Pitt "conspiracy"?

look up the aaron craft... or just take my word for it (you'll be better off)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom