All Creatures Great and Small (PBS) | Syracusefan.com

All Creatures Great and Small (PBS)

upperdeck

Living Legend
I remember reading these back in the day.. when the world was a much simpler place. 30 yrs since the original series ran for about episodes.. looking forward to see how its done.

Episode 1 last week.. Pretty solid start.. A nice meandering journey around the old Yorkshire country side. So far keeping pretty true to the Books.

Grassington seems to be the location of the central story.

I would think those that like Downton and the like would feel pretty much at home.

really done a great job with the material and the feel like the books.

Pairs well with Miss Scarlett and the Duke if you like stories with cell phones..

I see season 3-4 have been announced.. Not all shows need to be big budget action .. Some of these simple stories have a nice play in the world..

I remember reading these back in the day.. when the world was a much simpler place. 30 yrs since the original series ran for about episodes.. looking forward to see how its done.
I liked the original series, which I think ran from 1978 to 1990.

I think it was on PBS in the US back then too.

I liked the original series, which I think ran from 1978 to 1990.

I think it was on PBS in the US back then too.
yup.. I remember sitting with my parents watching it on sundays.. WW of disney. 60 min and some PBS.. Mutual of Omaha wild kingdom..

crazy days back then.

I have wanted to watch this series, but I assume there are sick and dying animals. I do not handle animal suffering well.

I have wanted to watch this series, but I assume there are sick and dying animals. I do not handle animal suffering well.
It has literally been decades since I watched it but at least back then, it was a positive show where the vast majority of the visits had happy endings. I wouldn't have watched it otherwise, for the same reasons.

I want to check this out. Thanks for the reminder.

well its an animal based show about Vets so for sure an occasional bad thing might happen. but the focus is more on the people and the communities in many ways.. beautiful country they are filming in.

the show got me remembering i only read a couple of the books and i had a boat load of audible credits to use so i downloaded one for driving around in the car.. its a nice listen

yup.. I remember sitting with my parents watching it on sundays.. WW of disney. 60 min and some PBS.. Mutual of Omaha wild kingdom..

crazy days back then.
Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins and Jim Fowler. What a great program.

Episode 1 last week.. Pretty solid start.. A nice meandering journey around the old Yorkshire country side. So far keeping pretty true to the Books.

Grassington seems to be the location of the central story.

I would think those that like Downton and the like would feel pretty much at home.
I love it. Yorkshire is where my people are from

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom