All in the family: Jim Boeheim’s nephew joins Syracuse basketball team | Syracusefan.com

All in the family: Jim Boeheim’s nephew joins Syracuse basketball team

Hope to see the people ripping Ian Eagle's kid for his connections do the same here. :rolleyes:

Hope to see the people ripping Ian Eagle's kid for his connections do the same here. :rolleyes:

he's actually going to be Noah Eagle's dad sooner rather than later.

Reactions: cto

I'll keep the same energy. Not a big proponent of walk ons especially those that can't compete at this level like the Hart kid who's father runs City Rocks.

"those that can't compete at this level"

I hope you forgot the sarcasm font, who cares about the walkons?

I didn't forget the sarcasm font. I said what I said. Ignore me. It does you no harm.

I'll keep the same energy. Not a big proponent of walk ons especially those that can't compete at this level like the Hart kid who's father runs City Rocks.

Very few walk ons at any school can “compete at this level. That’s not their role.

Very few walk ons at any school can “compete at this level. That’s not their role.

the walk ons have traditionally been booster benefits no? Some are just good players. I went to college w JeCarl Riggins. He was pretty good but not a D1 player.
Pagliuca's kid at Duke (Pags owns the Celtics with Grousbeck) wasn't there because he was fantastic at hoops...do people actually have a problem with this?

the walk ons have traditionally been booster benefits no? Some are just good players. I went to college w JeCarl Riggins. He was pretty good but not a D1 player.
Pagliuca's kid at Duke (Pags owns the Celtics with Grousbeck) wasn't there because he was fantastic at hoops...do people actually have a problem with this?

I don’t have a problem with any of it. Whomever a coach wants to add as a walk on is fine by me. Jb was never even involved in walk ons. Used to be Bernie who ran the whole thing and would at times have tryouts for some of the spots.

Great news for the kid.
I was Stationed in Lexington KY from 2005-2008. So I know what it's like to be the only Syracuse fan in Lexington.
and I lived in Indiana for 9 years and Ann Arbor, MI for 21 years. My whole family wore Orange and everyone knew why. I was happy to escape 11 years ago.

I don’t have a problem with any of it. Whomever a coach wants to add as a walk on is fine by me. Jb was never even involved in walk ons. Used to be Bernie who ran the whole thing and would at times have tryouts for some of the spots.

few frat bros went through the bernie workout. They were better than the preferred booster walk ons but didn't make the cut. They got the joke though. Charlie Lockwood got a spot when i was there too which was funny.

I didn't forget the sarcasm font. I said what I said. Ignore me. It does you no harm.
So we just shouldn't have walkons is what you're saying, right?

Those guys play an invaluable role, keeping the locker room light, being practice players, and going to rebound when the main guys are getting some shots up. It's not that deep.

few frat bros went through the bernie workout. They were better than the preferred booster walk ons but didn't make the cut. They got the joke though. Charlie Lockwood got a spot when i was there too which was funny.

I don’t even know what preferred booster walk on means.

I was Stationed in Lexington KY from 2005-2008. So I know what it's like to be the only Syracuse fan in Lexington.
Not too many SU fans in Louisville either.

I think he means if a big donor has a kid that gets into SU as a student, JB lets him join the team as a walk on

Yea, that’s probably rare. Heck, this kid is his nephew and jb took forever to say ok.

i once made a nepotism crack about noah, and i fully admit it was made out of ignorance. i hope to see him at a clipper's game this year & congratulate him personally

At Manley?

Best walk-ons(football players don’t count) that I can remember:
-Tyrone Albright
-Ronneil Herron
-Justin Thomas
-The kid who came in when Howard fouled out in the NCAA game 2 years ago(whose name I can’t remember)

Yeah, this. It's Boeheim's team, he wants to win, he can pick whoever he wants to walk on. I think he can be trusted.

Totally different from the Eagle kid. Young 20-somethings don't get NBA jobs unless they've got some kind of "in." Not judging his talent, that's just how it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom