All in the Family / The Jefferson's | Syracusefan.com

All in the Family / The Jefferson's

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Man I hope this special plays out, but I'm not sold on Marissa Tomei as Edith Bunker or Ellie Kemper as Gloria

it will be interesting to see how this works.. these shows while good were also very grating to watch much of the time. very polarizing topics. most of the people who watched these shows are long gone and while the reruns live on its not the really fun type of show that skews across the generations.

it will be interesting to see how this works.. these shows while good were also very grating to watch much of the time. very polarizing topics. most of the people who watched these shows are long gone and while the reruns live on its not the really fun type of show that skews across the generations.
I disagree.
But, I’d be shocked if they come even close to race talk that used to happen in those shows.

these shows would be so PC these days. As a kid i watched them most of the time since with 3 channels what choice did you have, but my parents and their friends didnt.

I missed the All in the Family portion but saw all of the Jeffersons. I'm in NYC and the ABC affiliate bleeped out the n word the 3 or 4 times they used it. I give it a B+, Wanda Sykes was pretty good as Louise

Didn't watch tonight but was fans of both shows kind of amazing the things they were able to get away with back then.

Jefferson's remake was waaaay better than All in the Family. Kinda wish they didn't bleep and kept it real but that's fine. All in all The Jefferson's was solid

I liked them both. It might not have been perfect, but it was definitely good enough to start a conversation or two, and to remind us how far we have and haven't come.

Man I hope this special plays out, but I'm not sold on Marissa Tomei as Edith Bunker or Ellie Kemper as Gloria
Not aware of the remake but Marissa is my famous person dream girl. Will have to check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom