All the steam has been taken out of Duke game. | Syracusefan.com

All the steam has been taken out of Duke game.

1st ever sellout. So sad. I’m becoming indifferent.

Hate to admit it but I feel the same. I used to be crushed after every loss, now it’s such a common thing it’s not even a big deal. This program just has a stale feel to it. It’s need a major shot in the arm. Grabbing a recruit like Stewart could have been that. Now who knows. Maybe the next new HC

Hate to admit it but I feel the same. I used to be crushed after every loss, now it’s such a common thing it’s not even a big deal. This program just has a stale feel to it. It’s need a major shot in the arm. Grabbing a recruit like Stewart could have been that. Now who knows. Maybe the next new HC

Should have cut the check.

I think it’s time to sell the Duke tickets. It’s going to be depressing unless you want to go and watch a fun team like Duke play.

I'm actually found a reason to be excited for the game. Vegas will likely have us a 16.5-25 point underdog, if they dont want to lose a lot of money from people betting money on Duke, and I might actually bet on the Cuse with those type of points. I try to find something to be happy about, even if it's not always easy.

I'm actually found a reason to be excited for the game. Vegas will likely have us a 16.5-25 point underdog, if they dont want to lose a lot of money from people betting money on Duke, and I might actually bet on the Cuse with those type of points. I try to find something to be happy about, even if it's not always easy.
We were a 17 point dog on the road. Maybe 6 or 7.

We were a 17 point dog on the road. Maybe 6 or 7.

I Can see where you're coming from, if we're just looking at home/away logic. Dont take this as argumentative, you seem like a likeable fellow. If you or anyone plans to wager and are thinking that's the proper spread, I'd like to offer my take.

Reddick was out and we have played better on the road than at home. Yeah JB tends to do better against Duke than one might expect(including at Cameron), but if the line with a full strength Duke team(barring a shocking turnaround before then by either team) is 6-7, do you really feel that would be one to even out nationwide bettors close to 50-50? I'm not sure how many Cuse fans would take those points. I know I wouldn't...and I may even do the unthinkable and bet on Duke if that were the case. I might keep it moneyline, that way I would win either way.

I'll say I might be off too in thinking about lines more often reserved for non conference play, but GA Tech blew us out at home, and it seems logical Duke will be out for blood to avenge their loss. As a neutral fan, I"d need a really high line not to bet on Duke, even if we Cuse fans think the game will be closer. That's just my take from this far in advance, with each team playing as they are playing now. Vegas certainly didnt cut Cuse bettors a break with only giving them 3 points for NC State, but theyre not in the business of being continually wrong. Just my opinion, and I'm Not going to let anyone rain on the reason I found to be happy, lol.

I think this is the closest to how I feel. I still begin watching every game with high hopes, but I just don't allow myself to get too down when those hopes come crashing down, which happens way too often. I don't blame the coaches, and I don't blame the players. I blame the sanctions, from which we have still not recovered. They cost our program more than many here are willing to admit.

The coaches and players are doing about as well as they can with the cards they've been dealt. It's not exciting to watch, but it's still Syracuse basketball and I'll show up every game ready to chant... LGO!

I expect the Duke game to be similar to our game against UNC in 2016 right after JB came back from his suspension. Duke is just so much better than us with a full roster, but I think we will over-perform based on the sheer intensity in the Dome. I see a game that will be close mid-2nd half, gun to my head I think Duke ultimately wins by 8-10 but I hope I'm wrong.

This thread is a joke. We are going to see the largest on campus crowd for college basketball and there is nothing to get excited about?
The campus will be on fire this weekend. Hopefully there will be recruits to impress, either in person or on tv. You don't think Andre Jackson and Tre Mitchell will be taking note? Of course we are underdogs, but so what. We have already proven that we can beat this team. Plus Duke has shown some vulnerability on the road.
But we need a real home court advantage with fans engaged from jump street. If we get down early we can't have a bunch of self pitying fans turning on their own team.
Things are not perfect, I'm not suggesting that. But they aren't as bad as some here would suggest. We have a good record in the ACC and if we can add a couple of good wins down the stretch we can get a good seed in the tournament. We have players who care and play hard and you can't get fired up for this one are you really a true fan?
I'll be there and I look forward to seeing M Street blowing up after we pull this off. Let's do this!

Lol we’ll have an overtime thriller vs louisville and the duke tickets will rocket

This thread is a joke. We are going to see the largest on campus crowd for college basketball and there is nothing to get excited about?
The campus will be on fire this weekend. Hopefully there will be recruits to impress, either in person or on tv. You don't think Andre Jackson and Tre Mitchell will be taking note? Of course we are underdogs, but so what. We have already proven that we can beat this team. Plus Duke has shown some vulnerability on the road.
But we need a real home court advantage with fans engaged from jump street. If we get down early we can't have a bunch of self pitying fans turning on their own team.
Things are not perfect, I'm not suggesting that. But they aren't as bad as some here would suggest. We have a good record in the ACC and if we can add a couple of good wins down the stretch we can get a good seed in the tournament. We have players who care and play hard and you can't get fired up for this one are you really a true fan?
I'll be there and I look forward to seeing M Street blowing up after we pull this off. Let's do this!

Right. What a joke some of these posts are. You can’t get excited for the largest on campus crowd ever against the number 1 team in the country. Good riddance to you fake fans, don’t let the door hit u on the way out!

Right. What a joke some of these posts are. You can’t get excited for the largest on campus crowd ever against the number 1 team in the country. Good riddance to you fake fans, don’t let the door hit u on the way out!
i think there is this weird thing going on about hurt pride on the board. maybe not pride but good posters that are afraid of expectations. it's ok, we still have enough talent to win unexpected games but not to be top 10 like we want.

i think there is this weird thing going on about hurt pride on the board. maybe not pride but good posters that are afraid of expectations. it's ok, we still have enough talent to win unexpected games but not to be top 10 like we want.
I agree. We all want to be top 10 and on sports center every night. But part of being a fan is riding with the team through the ups and downs. Some ppl on here are just ridiculous though. Why bother being a fan if you can’t get excited for this game. I’d kill to have tickets and be able to go.

I think this is the closest to how I feel. I still begin watching every game with high hopes, but I just don't allow myself to get too down when those hopes come crashing down, which happens way too often. I don't blame the coaches, and I don't blame the players. I blame the sanctions, from which we have still not recovered. They cost our program more than many here are willing to admit.

The coaches and players are doing about as well as they can with the cards they've been dealt. It's not exciting to watch, but it's still Syracuse basketball and I'll show up every game ready to chant... LGO!

Louisville is facing sanctions yet they are still able to recruit. how does that happen?

2015: we were banned from playing in the tourney, and the Dome was electric for Duke
2017 (Gillon's buzzer beater): we had a crappy record of like 17-12, and the Dome was electric for Duke

Even if we lose to Louisville, the Dome will be extremely intense on Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom