All these expansion rumors | Syracusefan.com

All these expansion rumors

Alsacs

Living Legend
What bothers me most of about all these expansion rumors are they all from the most part coming out of West Virginia, and then I ask myself why? All these online crazy nutjobs are doing everything they can to keep West Virginia relevant. The ACC or B1G conferences which care about athletes and academics were never going to consider WVU because of there academics as well as their reputation for their nutjob fanbase.
So when the Big XII threw them a life preserver and got them off the kiddie table now these nutjobs see that the only way to keep them in a legitimate conference is to destroy the ACC and keep the Big XII relevant. I used to like WVU and defended its fanbase as not that bad, but these idiots keep flooding the internet with misinformation, slant arguments about the stupid GOR vs. EXIT fee discussions and are driving me nuts. Whether or not the ACC is as strong as it was before Maryland left the conference its a lot better than the Big XII is for WVU. Also, newsflash to the WVU trolls who will respond you guys went 7-5 not because your schedule was a lot better its because your defense was the most pathetic unit I have seen in college football this year. When WVU didn't give up scores I was shocked so stop with the whole big boy schedule. Look at TCU they actually had a defense and kept some teams in the 20's and 30's.
Its all about survival and these expansion threads are all about keeping WVU from being left out cold gotta give you credit for that, but as hard as you guys try to flip Florida State it will not happen unless the SEC comes calling. When the Pac-12 gets Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and a 4th school good luck to your program cause its just as likely as FSU, Clemson bolting the ACC. The GOR is just as punitive as the 50 million dollar exit fee.

WVU are both butthurt over the ACC and SEC snubs and scared to death that the Big 12 is going to be the conference that dies if the superconference scenario actually plays out. They have good reason to be scared to death, although I really doubt WVU or Syracuse will be left behind when this crap finally ends.

Like I mentioned in a previous post they are the type of fan base (ones made up of mostly pwt with not much in life) that take any attack on their state school as an attack on their home. Their whole identity is wrapped up in their state university so this sort of stuff is really no surprise.

In thinking about this the other day I was hard pressed to come up with any western schools where this sort of attitude was prevalent. It really seems to be an east of the Mississippi thing.

I used to spend time on their board trying to figure out why they were so vindictive, until I realized they came from the land of Hatfields and McCoys. They like their feudin' too much to stop now.
Some of them are totally irrational. :crazy:

Almost every fanbase s delusional. WVU has "the dude" and that's why it is so much more in people's faces because for some odd reason people respond and listen to the dude. Hell, we have topics on this board that are rumors he started.

Like I mentioned in a previous post they are the type of fan base (ones made up of mostly pwt with not much in life) that take any attack on their state school as an attack on their home. Their whole identity is wrapped up in their state university so this sort of stuff is really no surprise.

In thinking about this the other day I was hard pressed to come up with any western schools where this sort of attitude was prevalent. It really seems to be an east of the Mississippi thing.
That is a pretty good take, I bet a lot of WV fans aren't alums and it seems like the whole state non-Marshall fans included support WVU. With that said their fanbase behaves so badly I don't get why they have they have such huge chips on their shoulders. I went to law school with two WVU grads and they are disgusted with how bad the WVU reputation is, but support their school. As I said in a previous post I went to Morgantown for the SU-WVU Thursday nite game in 2004 and I was verbally taunted worse than any other venue I have been too. Its okay to give fans from other teams the business when they are visitors, but it was horrible for no reason. I am not saying the whole fanbase is bad, but they are so vile to visitors that I wouldn't go back for another game, I think I like about the ACC is I don't expect the same treatment when I go to the games. Living in Charlotte I have come across three ACC fanbases. UNC fans are snobish, but they aren't bad. NC State fans basically are more blue collar than UNC fans, but have a little chip on the shoulders. Clemson fans are great when I went to a game up there this year.
Due to all this crap the WVU nutjobs spread, it will come back to hurt them when the super-conferences are formed.

They were whiny biatches long before conference expansion. Several years ago a bunch of them were whining that they weren't the slotted as the best #2 seed in the NCAA tournament. I pointed out that they were better off because their games were in Buffalo and Syracuse instead of in the South regional, but they just whined about being snubbed and disrespected.

WVU are both butthurt over the ACC and SEC snubs and scared to death that the Big 12 is going to be the conference that dies if the superconference scenario actually plays out. They have good reason to be scared to death, although I really doubt WVU or Syracuse will be left behind when this crap finally ends.

I agree with what you wrote and I'd add they also don't like being on an island so to speak and being the so far away from their conference brethren...they want chaos and see it as the only way to stir up trouble and hope they can fool someone into thinking going to the Big 12 is a good idea. Some fans of FSU fell for it but the administrators have not.

I feel bad for FSU fans having to deal with these WVU fans. Unlike KU, K-State, Baylor, and Iowa State fans who all appear just as vulnerable as WVU if the Big XII blew up WVU fans do everything they can do to cause chaos. If the 4 superconferences are the future I could easily see Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State to the Pac-12. Florida St, and Clemson to the SEC, Notre Dame and somebody from the ACC to the B1G. KU, K-State, Baylor, Iowa State, and the rest of the ACC as the final 16 team conference and WVU being left out in the cold. I may create another persona like DudeofWake and start pushing these rumors.

The funniest thing about those guys, save UT/Oklahoma/OSU is that the only reason there is perceived stability is that no one else wants them. If the ACC were to fold, I'd wager the only university that would have difficulties finding a home would be Wake. With the Big 12, only three, maybe four with Kansas have any real value. It is literally the Island of Misfit Toys..

I feel bad for FSU fans having to deal with these WVU fans. Unlike KU, K-State, Baylor, and Iowa State fans who all appear just as vulnerable as WVU if the Big XII blew up WVU fans do everything they can do to cause chaos. If the 4 superconferences are the future I could easily see Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State to the Pac-12. Florida St, and Clemson to the SEC, Notre Dame and somebody from the ACC to the B1G. KU, K-State, Baylor, Iowa State, and the rest of the ACC as the final 16 team conference and WVU being left out in the cold. I may create another persona like DudeofWake and start pushing these rumors.
Geographically it makes no sense to have the big 12. East, West, North and South that's where your 4 super conferences will be positioned.

I used to think that ACC is a much stable conference, but not anymore. they add SU and PITT and raised exit fee. then they bring in ND and raised the fee again. still they could not get GOR done. then all sudden UMD is gone. the track records tell me that ACC is a separated house. even without UMD, ACC is still a viable conference if it can hold together, but it is a big if. you know what a separated house will lead you to at this critical time. I see real danger for ACC to become big east 2.0. a UNC fan sum the situation very well in a FSU thread:
"I really wonder if any of this were avoidable? The NC schools(I am an NC native and UNC grad) seem to have been too slow to realize the importance of haviing strong FB programs. When VT, BC, and Miami joined the ACC, I think we didn't market the move well enough and many of our member schools fielded unacceptable products on the field. To top it off, I get the feeling that some of this was driven by an "us"(basketball) versus "them"(football) culture. Such division should have been cast aside and support for both should have been fostered. Now, many years later, our commish never founded a network, we never promoted our conference we'll enough, the conference has developed rifts, and we are locked into a tv package that is poor relative to the other power conferences. It really stinks because I think savvy moves may have been able to avoid this mess."

The funniest thing about those guys, save UT/Oklahoma/OSU is that the only reason there is perceived stability is that no one else wants them. If the ACC were to fold, I'd wager the only university that would have difficulties finding a home would be Wake. With the Big 12, only three, maybe four with Kansas have any real value. It is literally the Island of Misfit Toys..

UT and OU are without a doubt the anchors. OSU has little value as they are not heavily followed in or out of Oklahoma. Their academics stink (credit to T. Boone Pickens for bidg donations to athletics and academics). Kansas is more valuable than OSU as it is another market, has blue blood hoops and a loyal fan base in football.

@ESPNAndyKatz
ACC issues statement (council of presidents) dismissing rumors anyone looking elsewhere;' show solidartiy (ND, Lou, Syr, Pitt co-sign too).

@McMurphyESPN
ACC's decision to express solidarity as a league initiated by FSU, UNC, GaTech, Clemson & VaTech presidents

@ESPNAndyKatz
ACC issues statement (council of presidents) dismissing rumors anyone looking elsewhere;' show solidartiy (ND, Lou, Syr, Pitt co-sign too).

@McMurphyESPN
ACC's decision to express solidarity as a league initiated by FSU, UNC, GaTech, Clemson & VaTech presidents
As a real act of solidarity instead of just a statement, why not sign a long-term GOR?
Just saying...:noidea:

As a real act of solidarity instead of just a statement, why not sign a long-term GOR?
Just saying...:noidea:

Because a GOR means nothing and is far more likely to be ruled void as it is very punitive, especially the closer you are to the beginning of the GOR. Additionally, there are other issues that the GOR can be fought on from the gaining conference's rights.

The only people who really believe a GOR is rock solid are WVU fans. Everyone in the Big 12, except WVU fans, know that UT and OU can do whatever they want and there would only be minimal retribution.

I wish there was a way of making the agreement stronger, but there really isn't. The best way is to strengthen the ties between schools so that they do not want to split apart.

WVU.png

I found this picture online it sums up exactly how I feel.

Miami is really killing the ACC. If they were still are a top 15 team, the acc is just as strong as anyone else.