All time underrated RB? | Syracusefan.com

All time underrated RB?

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
Who do you guys think is the most underrated all time great Syracuse running back ? Not in his day , but now , a guy that nobody talks about . I have mine … let er rip

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Dee Brown (other than that cat also played for the Royals and Celtics ;)) is the fumble he had at the goal line as a freshman. I think it was a close loss against NC State, but not 100% sure.
That is correct - he was a very good player, that will define him unfortunately. That was one of those What loses

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Dee Brown (other than that cat also played for the Royals and Celtics ;)) is the fumble he had at the goal line as a freshman. I think it was a close loss against NC State, but not 100% sure.
Yeah me too. But, moved on from that to have a nice career. And, not sure if that was a raw call; did the ball cross the goal-line?

Robert Drummond was a pretty good one.
Definitely. Anyone not familiar with him should look at his stats. They'd surprise most people. If he wasn't rotating with Owens, or that bizarre move to WR for a bit, he'd have more carries and yards. Still, he was good enough to be drafted in the 3rd round by the Iggles.

He was obviously a great player and played on some legendary teams. Were his statistics muted due to the era ? Or as you say the move to WR ? Catching pitches from Donnie Mac must have been fun!

David Walker. Not all that fast or flashy but was strong and had just enough wiggle to slip tackles. Never seemed to lose yardage. He nearly had 1000 yards his junior season in an era when we really spread the carries around and never averaged less than 4.9 ypc.

He was obviously a great player and played on some legendary teams. Were his statistics muted due to the era ? Or as you say the move to WR ? Catching pitches from Donnie Mac must have been fun!
They had a ton of talent back then to spread the ball around to. He didn't redshirt either. He averaged 6 yards a carry as a junior and a senior. That offense was so fun to watch.

Great memory of me from Reyes - I had tickets to the game against ND his Sr yr…. (I live in southern ny ) we get hit with a blizzard , I can’t make it there . My great wife says “you have the whole game in the basement I’ll watch the 2 infant kids “ . He had a day , one of the great performances in the dome all time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom