Alma Mater - Post Game | Syracusefan.com

Alma Mater - Post Game

BVille44

All Conference
I sit in the end zone and for the first time ever only 6 players stayed on the field for the alma mater.

I waited 5 minutes and Babers brought the entire team back on the field including some players with no shirts on.

After the alma mater he told the players to go to the 50. He then yelled to the band director from the 50 to stop playing.

After giving them team a talk he went down to the band director I assume to apologize for his team leaving the field.

Seems like a couple of losses may be causing some issues. Hoping for a win at Pitt to get them back on track.

I was worried how team would respond after last week. It was a brutal loss. Team is beat up. I think Dino can rally them and I’m glad he brought them back out. It’s a teaching moment and a leadership point. Most of the guys won’t be in the pros but I bet they remember these moments.

Stuff like this sounds like Clemson game is still lingering. Frustrated players.

It’s a long shot at this point but the orange bowl is still in play. Mind you, a very big long shot.

I sit in the end zone and for the first time ever only 6 players stayed on the field for the alma mater.

I waited 5 minutes and Babers brought the entire team back on the field including some players with no shirts on.

After the alma mater he told the players to go to the 50. He then yelled to the band director from the 50 to stop playing.

After giving them team a talk he went down to the band director I assume to apologize for his team leaving the field.

Seems like a couple of losses may be causing some issues. Hoping for a win at Pitt to get them back on track.
Which players stayed?

Stuff like this sounds like Clemson game is still lingering. Frustrated players.

It’s a long shot at this point but the orange bowl is still in play. Mind you, a very big long shot.
I love Syracuse football but if anyone thought this team was an orange bowl team, they're borderline delusional. They got incredibly lucky to win against Purdue/UVA and are very banged up, not having quality depth, which will undoubtedly get worse as the season goes on. They're going bowling and I'm satisfied with that accomplishment. Does that mean I want them to roll over and quit on the season? No way, but they're already overachieving based on recent history.

I love Syracuse football but if anyone thought this team was an orange bowl team, they're borderline delusional. They got incredibly lucky to win against Purdue/UVA and are very banged up, not having quality depth, which will undoubtedly get worse as the season goes on. They're going bowling and I'm satisfied with that accomplishment. Does that mean I want them to roll over and quit on the season? No way, but they're already overachieving based on recent history.
Hard to disagree. Lot of breaks earlier in the year.

Dino addressed it on the radio said there was some sort of miscommunication between him and the band director, not sure how that happens.

Dino addressed it on the radio said there was some sort of miscommunication between him and the band director, not sure how that happens.
I call BS!! What is the miscommunication? The marching band has played the alma mater after every game I have attended in the last 31 years with the players standing on the goal line. Today the players started running in the tunnel immediately after the game and the marching band played it today with six players and the cheerleaders on the field.

I heard that as well. Felt like Matt Park was playing the puppet to ask the question and Dino did a “Gee whiz” cover up answer.

I call BS!! What is the miscommunication? The marching band has played the alma mater after every game I have attended in the last 31 years with the players standing on the goal line. Today the players started running in the tunnel immediately after the game and the marching band played it today with six players and the cheerleaders on the field.
It was handled internally and won’t happen again :)

Not when we go up early and don’t look back
Focus we are being positive now
I don't play for SU. I can be positive, but voice my concerns. I voiced my concerns regarding that ND would be able to run through our line all day. That doesn't mean I thought we'd lose. I don't like when my fears are validated.

I said the last 2 games it has stunk. No way you can disagree with that. Completely different than first 6
What did play calling have to do with yesterday? Once again. “ Play Calling”. thee most overused, ridiculous criticism in the game of football.

What did play calling have to do with yesterday? Once again. “ Play Calling”. thee most overused, ridiculous criticism in the game of football.
There is no way to measure how terrible it was to run a reverse to Jackson because we can't complete a pass to him but that doesn't mean it first matter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom