Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor... | Syracusefan.com

Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor...

Faegan

All Conference
... anybody care to give a review of this hotel? TIA!

Haven't actually stayed there, but had meetings there. It's new and shiny and contemporary. Lots of compliments from three friends who had wedding parties stay there. Pricing is competitive.

But don't let anyone tell you it's walking distance to anything. Its a dark walk at night to the closest places (DinosaurBBQ, Francesca's, Landmark Theatre, etc). Not truly far, just feels that way. A Syracuse veteran may walk it, but an out-of-towner might find it nerve racking. Uber is your friend.

Haven't actually stayed there, but had meetings there. It's new and shiny and contemporary. Lots of compliments from three friends who had wedding parties stay there. Pricing is competitive.

But don't let anyone tell you it's walking distance to anything. Its a dark walk at night to the closest places (DinosaurBBQ, Francesca's, Landmark Theatre, etc). Not truly far, just feels that way. A Syracuse veteran may walk it, but an out-of-towner might find it nerve racking. Uber is your friend.

Thank you!

Ah, but what if the question was, is it walking distance to Syracuse's finest, most notable, and all-around great time for food, fun, friendly service and a classy fine-dining experience, Theeeeeee Spaghetti Warehouse?

What would you say to that, good sir!

Oh, and about Aloft, I haven't stayed in the Syracuse one, but generally as a chain it's fine. They're clean, newer, and like some of the other ones popping up under Marriott/Hilton are more basic, I think going for what they would term a Euro-vibe, but definitely more than adequate.

That being said, Syracuse hotels without a doubt always have the worst cleaning staffs of any city I've ever traveled to. They're awful at every stop I've made in Syracuse - at any Marriott. Just a mess of humanity and rarely friendly and really, really lazy evidenced by how well they clean. It's a bizarre pattern.

Nicest cleaning people - Montreal! Strangely. Actually, Canadian cleaning staffs in general are usually much nicer than US. I suppose that's to be expected...

Last edited:
Stayed at one in National Harbor MD. It was a bit of a strange layout.
We do our client events at the Embassy Suites by the mall. They are great.

I've stayed at the Aloft in Boston. One of my team members said she didn't feel cool enough to stay there, fwiw.

I thought it was pretty nice. Definitely feels new and modern.

Stayed at one in National Harbor MD. It was a bit of a strange layout.
We do our client events at the Embassy Suites by the mall. They are great.
Just spent a few days at the Embassy Suites in Estero, Florida. Beautiful building at one time but desperately needs an overhaul and better staff.

Just spent a few days at the Embassy Suites in Estero, Florida. Beautiful building at one time but desperately needs an overhaul and better staff.

Embassy Suites seems like a hit or miss hotel. A lot of those types seems to depend on when they were built, etc... They have a really nice one in Quebec. Fairfield Inn is like that under Marriott, older ones are such garbage, but the newer ones, if you get the suite, are nicer than 8 out of 10 Marriotts.

Last edited:
Aloft in Cuse really needs a few more buildings around it. The whole COR boondoggle slowed down the Inner Harbor Project. If the economy stays good it should be in a much better place in 5 years.

Last edited:
The one here is brand new. Staff has been great. Before our client event, they had us in for a tasting to choose the menu. The chef walked us through all of the choices.

We stayed there a year ago. It's definitely a different vibe. As others have said it is relatively new and near destiny. Probably won't stay there again but mainly because we didn't care for the location.

Ah, but what if the question was, is it walking distance to Syracuse's finest, most notable, and all-around great time for food, fun, friendly service and a classy fine-dining experience, Theeeeeee Spaghetti Warehouse?

What would you say to that, good sir!

Oh, and about Aloft, I haven't stayed in the Syracuse one, but generally as a chain it's fine. They're clean, newer, and like some of the other ones popping up under Marriott/Hilton are more basic, I think going for what they would term a Euro-vibe, but definitely more than adequate.

That being said, Syracuse hotels without a doubt always have the worst cleaning staffs of any city I've ever traveled to. They're awful at every stop I've made in Syracuse - at any Marriott. Just a mess of humanity and rarely friendly and really, really lazy evidenced by how well they clean. It's a bizarre pattern.

Nicest cleaning people - Montreal! Strangely. Actually, Canadian cleaning staffs in general are usually much nicer than US. I suppose that's to be expected...
How do you interact with hotel cleaning people so often?

How do you interact with hotel cleaning people so often?

I'm a friendly sort of person. I like the cleaning people. I never let them in my room, so I always ask for more of everything too.

Plus, I always extend any work trip to almost anywhere so I can adventure around for a bit and see the city I'm in, so, often I'm about at odd hours and usually the same ones work your floor day after day. They're often always around in larger cities as the cleaning never seems to get done. At small crappy hotels they usually buzz in and out pretty quick though mid-morning to early-afternoon, so you may not see them as much.

Plus, if you know what you're doing they're a great resource for all sorts of things!

Incongruity defined

Does anyone let cleaning people into their room? I think it's relatively normal - all risk, no reward - unless you're staying for a long time. So, whether you like them or not, doesn't make sense.

Does anyone let cleaning people into their room? I think it's relatively normal - all risk, no reward - unless you're staying for a long time. So, whether you like them or not, doesn't make sense.
I do.

I just take normal precautions.

If an employee wants to rip you off they can do it anytime. You have to trust the establishment has hired trust worthy people and has some security cameras.

I do.

I just take normal precautions.

If an employee wants to rip you off they can do it anytime. You have to trust the establishment has hired trust worthy people and has some security cameras.

I don't even know what they're gonna do in there - again, unless it's a longer stay. I mean, it doesn't get messy as you're usually just buzzing in and out. So, why increase the odds even a little - I can just ask them for whatever if I want more.

That's the philosophy I go with!

Every other or every third day. Depends on how long I'm staying.

hotel is like a normal aloft. its pretty nice.

parking lot there is questionable. Its across the street from the hotel and 1 of the nights i stayed there a woman had a rock thrown through a window and a computer stolen.

Wasn't really the point of my post.

The hell they gonna do, steal my dirty drawers?

My phone, wallet, and keys stay in my pocket. I don’t care about anything else that I’ve got with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom