Alternate Uni's | Syracusefan.com

Alternate Uni's

To debut at the Penn St game next year and will be used going forward thereafter. New helmet, but not the one everyone has seen.

do you mean the alternate will be used as the new main uniform (going forward) or the alternate will be used as an alternate periodically going forward?

Good question.. Not sure of that. There will be different combinations, not sure if it's an every game deal.

bout time!!! good stuff looking forward to them and i'm assuming penn st will be a 330 or 7 kickoff next season too

I like it everybody these days have alternates uniforms, recruits love them and we need to be a little more progressive in our uniforms. I don't expect a white or blue helmet or anything like that, but we should have a good Orange home jersey. I bet both team will wear their home jerseys like they did at the Chick-Fil-A game Clemson-Auburn and NC State-Tennessee. I bet we wear orange and Penn State wears blue.

I'm a design guy, so dying to see. Hoping for no "me too" cheesy stuff (matte helmets, bleh). A little crazy is okay, as long as it's unique to us.

Not huge on Oregon design, but one thing I really like out of Nike's experimenting and think might translate to other teams, is the logo on the back of the helmet. Like this...

Oregon%252BDucks%252BReflective%252BHelmets_Rose%252BBowl%252B2012.jpg

Putting the Syracuse "S" on the back like that could look really cool.

I don't understand why blue is our traditional home jersey when blue isn't an official color of the university. We should be wearing Orange at home, the student section doesn't wear blue they wear orange. Just change the blue to orange and I will be happy. I don't want go crazy and wear white helmets with our away jerseys or anything like that. I didn't mind the Alabama rip off helmets we wore in 2005, but they reek of GRob.

The problem with orange jerseys is that we wear orange pants. Personally, I hate white pants, but it also means if we have orange helmets and orange jerseys and white pants, we are Clemson.

They will look like fruit baskets with large oranges.

The problem with orange jerseys is that we wear orange pants. Personally, I hate white pants, but it also means if we have orange helmets and orange jerseys and white pants, we are Clemson.
When Clemson has the nickname Orange we are Clemson. We can wear blue or white pants with Orange jerseys. Plus Clemson wears Purple jerseys as well. The reason our last Orange jerseys were ugly were the shade of Orange they picked was horrible. I hate the fact our football team wears blue every home game. I don't care about the helmets that much and don't care for variation in those, but we need a damn Orange home jersey and I am glad we are finally getting alternate jerseys.

The problem is when we tried to wear all orange uniforms a few years ago, they were AWFUL.

Please do NOT give me orange helmet, orange jersey, orange pants. We've all seen that before and know how that turned out. Would love to see an Orange S outlined in white on an orange helmet with "Syracuse" scrolled over the top in the same way.

And I don't know why blue has to be our alternate color. Other colors go really well with orange, like grey ( I know I'll be shot but it's true) white and black. But you can't go all orange.

I don't understand why blue is our traditional home jersey when blue isn't an official color of the university. We should be wearing Orange at home, the student section doesn't wear blue they wear orange. Just change the blue to orange and I will be happy. I don't want go crazy and wear white helmets with our away jerseys or anything like that. I didn't mind the Alabama rip off helmets we wore in 2005, but they reek of GRob.

I kind of liked the Alabama rip-offs, but you're right - we're not going back to what we wore when we stunk. Those white helmets that showed up in that Archbold 1978 documentary looked pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind going with those (though orange is probably best).

Orange jersey with a gray (maybe carbon fiber stripes) for the pants would look pretty cool. Similar to a couple of the Oregon jerseys. They've done a carbon fiber strip down the middle of the helmet in the same color as the rest of the helmet to break things up a little; would also look cool.

When I think of all orange uniforms, I think of pot bellied linemen and Andrew Robinson getting murdered. Not to mention they are hideous.

Please no.

Just because you have a color in your name, it doesn't mean you have to be completely covered in it. Contrast has it's advantages.

Nothing generates discussion on this board like a good uniform thread- bowl game can't come soon enough. As long as I don't see "F.A.M.I.L.Y." on the back I don't really care what they look like as long as the players like them.

It's "F.A.M.I.L.Y" no period at the end. ;) It's "symmetrical!"

Yeah, I'm wondering if the basketball platinum will make an appearance. I kinda wish the basketball and football teams mirrored each other. Lacrosse, too.

We've been wearing blue jerseys at home since the 60's. Pretty sure SU isn't going to throw away 50 years of tradition just to make a few people happy.

I assume they will be rose colored with pea green accents.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see what an alternate that had some green in it (like a plant leaf/stem) would look like. It'd be jokey, but we do have a giant cheeseball as a mascot. You would just have to tiptoe the line between cheesy and amusing.

If Nike is designing them it will be probably be dark grey pants, light grey jersey with orange numbers.

id be for something mainly orange jersey with some blue accents.The pants i could be swayed as long as its not all orange or white. for the helmet id love a metallic orange with the S onthe back of the helmet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom