Am I idiotic for wanting Zion to play? | Syracusefan.com

Am I idiotic for wanting Zion to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose

Scout Team
I know we could use the win Saturday but I really would like us to face Duke at full power. All we heard from Duke fans as an excuse for losing to us was because they lost Jones and Reddish. I really would like to see how we stack up against them when they're at full power. Plus it will make the game so much more exciting w Zion in there. Anyone else w me?

Looking forward to being in the loud house Saturday can't wait!

it's the only chance most of us will get to see him live.

Imo hes that good where we will lose 98% of the time against him. I’ve seen all I’ve needed to see.

I can’t knock your thought process, i’d love to watch him live as well. He’s a lebron/calvin johnson type athletic freak. No idea how itll manifest in the NBA, but hes a sight to behold now

If we were a top 10 team rolling along this season, then I would absolutely want him to play Saturday. However, given our situation, I will take any break that we can get. Last night set us up well for the remaining 5 games, but we still have a little bit of work to do, and another win over Duke, regardless of whether or not Zion plays, would be huge for us.

Reading these responses I think our fan base is evenly split on this one lol :confused:

never really enjoyed the game outcome of watching patrick ewing or david robinson or wayman tisdale live but i'm glad i did. we don't send a lot of dudes to the pros these days so it's nice to see future NBA all stars.

They potentially have the 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick in the draft - if their fans are crying that one of them is out and that's why they lost then they should consider getting a new coach

I want to see Coach K whip off his jacket and throw it to the floor in disgust.

I want to see Coach K whip off his jacket and throw it to the floor in disgust.
hqdefault.jpg

Saturday yes I'd rather see him.

If the Selection committee puts us in the same region as Duke again and hes missing the NCAAT I am cool with that of course.

I don’t care what Duke fans are saying, I care about getting in the tournament and a win Saturday does that regardless. If this was 2014? Absolutely I’d want to play Duke full strength, unfortunately this is 2019 and we need all the breaks we can get.

There is a better chance of seeing jay bilas at center for duke. We already beat duke with Zion so I could care less if we beat them without him.

Zion being out improves our odds of winning but the atmosphere surrounding the game isn't as exciting. With all that has happened, the aura around this game suddenly lurched from great theater to a weird unknown. The game will be host to the biggest college crowd in history, Zion's injury has pushed Nike's share price down 1.5% today, Boeheim's accident is national news and there are broken hearts in Syracuse

I don’t care what Duke fans are saying, I care about getting in the tournament and a win Saturday does that regardless. If this was 2014? Absolutely I’d want to play Duke full strength, unfortunately this is 2019 and we need all the breaks we can get.

We are 9-4 in the ACC and you’re being ridiculously self loathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.