Amazing gift... | Syracusefan.com

Amazing gift...

cto

Administrator
I got the most incredible gift in the mail today. Earlier this month, I gave CuseTroop (who lives in Alaska and whom I have never met) my court side tickets for the Syracuse/Indiana basketball game, for him to use with his father during his visit home. He said he would send me a thank-you gift. I said it was not necessary, but he insisted. Anyhow, today arrived ... a hand-made pair of beaver fur gloves with incredible Inuit beadwork. CuseTroop said an Inuit friend trapped the beaver ... and the man's wife made the gloves and did the beadwork (which took three days). They are a work of art. I am sort of afraid to wear them (because they are so beautiful)... but when I do ... everyone who sees them... will want to know about them. Thank you, CuseTroop.

Last edited:
i may be drunk but i know its threads like this that make this the greatest message board in all the world.

As I said in CuseTroops thread about that night, examples like this show why being a Syracuse fan is the only logical choice a lover of collegiate basketball should make

Last edited:
There isn't a gift in the world that would equal the amazing time my dad and I had. Spoiler alert! I'm going to hug the out of you next week. Hell, I might kiss ya. That day alone, made this trip perfect. We will never forget it. I can't thank you enough. I still can't believe HCSS remembered my stupid tweet, and was legit excited about it. Moten remembered wishing a guy in Alaska happy birthday. Blows my mind. As sad as it as that next Sunday is my last day in NY, I'm so excited for it

There isn't a gift in the world that would equal the amazing time my dad and I had. Spoiler alert! I'm going to hug the out of you next week. Hell, I might kiss ya. That day alone, made this trip perfect. We will never forget it. I can't thank you enough. I still can't believe HCSS remembered my stupid tweet, and was legit excited about it. Moten remembered wishing a guy in Alaska happy birthday. Blows my mind. As sad as it as that next Sunday is my last day in NY, I'm so excited for it
Troop, you the man! Good job, brother.

I got the most incredible gift in the mail today. Earlier this month, I gave CuseTroop (who lives in Alaska and whom I have never met) my court side tickets for the Syracuse/Indiana basketball game, for him to use with his father. He said he would send me a thank-you gift. I said it was not necessary, but he insisted. Anyhow, today arrived ... a hand-made pair of beaver fur gloves with incredible Inuit beadwork. CuseTroop said an Inuit friend trapped the beaver ... and the man's wife made the gloves and did the beadwork (which took three days). They are a work of art. I am sort of afraid to wear them (because they are so beautiful)... but when I do ... everyone who sees them... will want to know about them. Thank you, CuseTroop.

WE have the best fans in the world. First your kindness in giving your tickets to Cusetroop and his dad and then the hand made authentic beaver fur gloves from Cusetroop to you. I am honored to be associated with you both through this forum. You both ROCK!!!!