Amazing Kaleb Joseph video | Syracusefan.com

Amazing Kaleb Joseph video

Sports psychologists make the money they do for a reason. I bet Ben Simmons feels the same way.

I really wanted him to succeed, maybe a year behind Ennis would’ve been what the doctor ordered for him. Seems like such a great kid, glad he’s talking to other kids about his experiences. Wish him nothing but the best.

I blame social media and cell phones for the rampant, debilitating anxiety kids have these days. My niece, deans list at GW, has asked 8
people to review and comment on her “personal statement” for her law school applications. Eight!!’

He transferred to Creighton and was a benchwarmer, sounds like he is blaming the coach. Really nice kid, just not a elite player like he was ranked A big recruiting miss as we probably passed on a better player.

I blame social media and cell phones for the rampant, debilitating anxiety kids have these days. My niece, deans list at GW, has asked 8
people to review and comment on her “personal statement” for her law school applications. Eight!!’
Eh, I had it pre all that stuff too. Some people are more genetically prone to it as well.

At least folks are more willing to get help these days. I wish I had when I was in HS. Would have been a different experience. Didn’t even realize the panic attacks I was having at the time until later in left.

Medicine and therapy has done wonders. More men need to be willing to admit they need help.

He transferred to Creighton and was a benchwarmer, sounds like he is blaming the coach. Really nice kid, just not an elite player like he was ranked A big recruiting miss as we probably passed on a better player.
Or he suffered from the same anxiety / was never the same. Some guys don’t do well with a boeheim type of coach. A kid with undiagnosed anxiety? That sounds like a hellacious situation.

Glad he eventually got help. And even more importantly he’s helping others.

He transferred to Creighton and was a benchwarmer, sounds like he is blaming the coach. Really nice kid, just not a elite player like he was ranked A big recruiting miss as we probably passed on a better player.
That's not what he's saying. He let the criticism and fear of failure go from an ant hill into a mountain because he didn't know how to handle it.

That's not what he's saying. He let the criticism and fear of failure go from an ant hill into a mountain because he didn't know how to handle it.
Understand what he was saying. My point was he was not a good D1 basketball player regardless. He had a poor handle and marginal finisher/ shooter despite his anxiety.

Yup. You can be demanding and expect greatness but some guys need a different style.
McDermott is easy going pat on the back coach, super friendly and nice I know him well. Same result with Kaleb.

Eh, I had it pre all that stuff too. Some people are more genetically prone to it as well.

At least folks are more willing to get help these days. I wish I had when I was in HS. Would have been a different experience. Didn’t even realize the panic attacks I was having at the time until later in left.

Medicine and therapy has done wonders. More men need to be willing to admit they need help.
As a resident of Baldwinsville, Amen to that.

He transferred to Creighton and was a benchwarmer, sounds like he is blaming the coach. Really nice kid, just not an elite player like he was ranked A big recruiting miss as we probably passed on a better player.
I watched the Joseph recruiting tapes - he was the real deal. And someone I didn’t expect to miss as badly as he did.

Guards that are top 30-50 types very rarely miss as bad as Kaleb did. It appears we can see why now.

I remember when JB was suspended and Jay Bilas, at least I think it was, watched a game with JB from his home. I think it was at Miami and Bilas interviewed JB live during the game and JB was commenting on the game as they both watched it live. Kaleb had his pocket picked twice in a row for easy layups by Miami and you could just see JB seethe right through the screen. JB said something in a negative way about Kaleb and I just knew that Kaleb's time in Orange was short. The next season Michael Gbinje replaced him as point guard and by the end of that season Kaleb was getting into games with walkons. Glad to see that Kaleb seems to be doing OK after basketball, basketball is not everything, glad to see that he seems to have ptoper perspective.

I was always rooting for him ...even more than I root for Benny now, and could never get mad at him as he seemed like a really great kid. I was hoping he'd stick it out 4 years with us even if he was relegated to a deep bench player/cheerleader. Syracuse was truly his dream school.

You know it's interesting that he admitted this. i thought that Joseph did well under Hop and went back into a shell once Boeheim came back. To me one of the greatest gifts a teacher/coach can ever have is knowing how to have their students/players succeed and what buttons so to speak to push.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom