American Airlines | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

American Airlines

Hopefully their overseas flights are better because I’ll be using them for the first time in April.

That's super crappy. Does she have to sleep in the airport? If so, my go to move is to find one of the kid play places and sleep in one of those tubes. Sure, it's likely full of germs, but you're pretty much protected on all sides.

I'm so glad I entered this thread.

I think pretty much every airline is bad in their own unique way. American's service is nothing special, but my positives for them (with basically my only experience being their DCA-Rochester flights) is that something about their seats make it very easy to fall asleep, and I generally struggle to sleep on planes. I watched like 7 movies and an entire season of a TV show on my flight to Australia because I couldn't fall asleep to save my life, but those 45 minutes we're flying from DC to Rochester, I'm out like a light.

Alaska Airlines is well worth a ticket price that is a bit higher. Seats are as tight as any airline and food is no better but staff is usually great. They bought Virgin domestic whose planes are the nicest. Seating options are available for reasonable prices. ,

Alaska Airlines is well worth a ticket price that is a bit higher. Seats are as tight as any airline and food is no better but staff is usually great. They bought Virgin domestic whose planes are the nicest. Seating options are available for reasonable prices. ,

Alaska and American have a code sharing partnership which makes it nice.

Absolutely. Alaska and Virgin were my 2 top ones and they essentially became one. Had a wedding back in Cali last summer and got upgraded on an 8am flight from Houston to San Jose. Took a nap then took advantage about 10am my time, but ended up landing there around 10 pacific somewhat hammered.

Oh, the people that work in Philly are literally the worst people alive. I loathe that airport.
Philly is my home hub and I fly 100x per year for past 4 years

I can confirm the accuracy of this statement

Also given the monopoly the AA has on PHL, CLT and many other southeast metros, I can confirm that you should only fly AA if you absolutely have no other choice

like me

All airlines suck. A flight attendant for Delta threatened to have me arrested because he refused to answer my questions when they lost my luggage on a flight back from Miami 3 years ago.
Well, to be fair, that’s a long time ago to be asking the guy about it now.

Just saw that American is flying to dfw from Syracuse... should make a ton of ppl happy with that move! (aside from having to fly American that is)...

Just saw that American is flying to dfw from Syracuse... should make a ton of ppl happy with that move! (aside from having to fly American that is)...
Just announced a direct from Burlington VT to DFW as well for the summer. Which will be helpful as I have to go to the plant down there pretty frequently in the near future.

What is with the American hate ? We fly AA and Delta exclusively.

76 seat narrow body jet...but better than nothing.

ya, at least it's not a crj sardine can. I suspect they want to verify load capacity before possible upgrading in future years...
With Amazon coming in and hopefully a chip plant for Clay should be good for more flight options.

Agreed the old Jet they used was cramped and after about 90 mins was torture.

Seating for new jet below
American_Airlines_ERJ_175_V1.png

Last edited:
What is with the American hate ? We fly AA and Delta exclusively.
Past history...Tells a tale

Delta used to be awesome 25-30 years ago...now along with American has some of the oldest, disinterested staff around.

This makes it a lot easier to recruit talent from Texas to Syracuse. Coach Gilbert is from close to Dallas.

I think this might mean more players from Texas on future SU football teams.

All airlines are horrible, and if someplace is an eight hr drive I’d happily choose that over flying.

Podcasts have been a game changer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom